• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

God spare me from Englands St patricks day!!!

red indian

2nd Level Yellow Feather
Yes its THAT time of year again when thousands of English people suddenly discover their ancient Irish lineage, and in my home town its the only chance for our crop of bogus Irish theme pubs to make any money (or should i say punts?). In recent years we have had a rash of these spurious temples of worship to the Emerald Isle, wich consist of little more than changing the name to "Laugherties" or "O,Reilys" and nailing a penny farthing to the ceiling. Just what posesses English people to suddenly develop this affinity for the Irish is beyond me, any suggestion of celebrating St Georges day would no doubt have these same people up in arms complaining about racist overtones and zenophobia.

Of course you will not see any Irish people in these shamefull fake outposts of old blarney, the vast majority will be found in a dingy back street unreconstructed 1970,s formica bartopped, horse brass bedecked monstrocity.

Stateside...

Over here in the USA we have the traditional green beer, and who can forget McDonald's "Shamrock Shakes"!!
It doesn't matter where you're from, Every holiday revolves around the green... the kind you can take to the bank;)

Red, i can understand your hatred of this blatant double standard coming from people who will totaly embrace a culture and it's most well known holiday while denying their own heritage. it's probably done to over compensate for their ancestors wonton destruction and abuse of the Irish.

when is St. George's Day, just out of curiosity

Do try and keep up Nebs old chap!!

You may have noticed the results of terrorisim in your country ( unless you have been asleep for the last 6 months) well thats what we have been putting up with for over 30 years from the Irish,and to a large extent financed by gullible Americans.Have you any idea what happened in Birmingham or Ohmagh or Inneskillen or St marys Wharf and when do you plan to commemorate these acts of terrorism? (just out of curiosity)

Red, our FBI has sent IRA terrorists to prison for gun running and money laundering. It just doesen't get much publicity.

As regards Islamic terrorists, we appreciate the help you've given us since 9/11. But the UK tolerates their presence too. The RAF could strike a major blow against them without leaving home, by bombing the Brixton Mosque.

Strelnikov

Red,
I knew there was a reason to crawl back to the TMF. ;) Found the rise you couldn't get out of some other Americans, eh? Round two begins at the bell.
Joby:p

Damn Red, i was backing you up too. were you trying to bait someone like me into a fight?

Thanks for the backup, Strel

The killer thing of it is, Saint Patrick wasn't even Irish. He was British, taken as a prisoner in a raid. He served as a slave, eventually got to Rome & became a Catholic Bishop, then returned bringing Christianity to wipe out the native Druidic faith and emasculate the Celtic culture.

It was once said of the Celts that we feared nothing under the sky. The Romans built Hadrian's Wall along the Scottish border because they were terrified of the Celts and wanted to hold us at safe distance. Now, we're little more than comic stereotypes: Drunken pugilists and cereal-box leprechauns, engaged in a never-ending civil war over who's following the correct franchise of a religion that should never have been ours at all. Dagda and Cu Chulainn weep.

Look up a true account of the way Michael Collins died. It will tell you all anyone needs to know about the ongoing Irish tragedy.

Strelnikov

The Irish Question

Yes its a sad sorry tale, god knows when it will ever end, I suspect most people on the British mainland would be glad to see a united Ireland (me included) but its never going to happen. We are sick of the whole business but I think the Republic are not that keen on the idea if it really came to it because it would have the same effect on their economy as German reunification had on west germany. Maintaining Northern Ireland costs the British tax payer millions of pounds a year and I suspect the Republic dont fancy taking it on despite all the lip service that gets paid.

I was pleased to read in the weekend papers that a group of Irish american firemen pulled out of a St patricks day parade because its grand marshal was a former I.R.A bomber, although I gather you had the sickening spectacle of Gerry Adams (former commander of the Bally Murphy brigade) sucking up to another group of firmen in the company of your president. Well never mind you are getting there slowly.

Sorry if i missunderstood your post Nebs! but those clowns on St Patricks day really got on my tits!!

Many Americans,myself included,know only a little about the causes of trouble in Ireland.I have been told several different ones from people from Ireland,Great Britain,and the US.Whether they are all correct in some way or only a few at all is something you have to figure out.I do know enough to turn down requests for donations for Sinn Fein,as I have been asked in the past.Sounds like the Irish situation is alot like our race problem,and we may never see an end to it.

Being Irish, I can't help but feel insulted by some of the remarks. The Irish are NOT the ones killing the English. People from Northern Ireland are killing the English. To be honest most Irish people don't even care about the North. We don't want it, and not because of any economic problems that could occur, but because there's a load of nutters up there with bombs. It's best to keep away from them.

And someone mentioned Michael Collins? When he died, he had English soldies in front of him and he was shot in the back of the head. That's some good shooting. For anyone who is interested, the only person who was reported to be behind him was Eamon DeValera. As the saying goes: "The only reason there are no roads named after DeValera was because no one could find one long enough and crooked enough!"

And note that Sinn Fein aren't just a political wing of the IRA. They are also an actual party that do good things.

And if you really want to know who's responsible for the "Troubles", then blame the French. In 1066 they invaded England and in 1166 they invaded Ireland, which lead to the taking of the land from the Celts.

And finally,I hate Irish themed Bars!

Good Piece JB

One or two things for me to ponder,I agree with your analysis about "nutters with bombs" maybe thats all it bores down to now.When you say its "people" from Northern Ireland who are killing the English I think they call themselves Republicans dont they?

Regarding your remarks on Micheal Collins I think that was the point Strelnikov was making ie the labrinyth of betrayals and double dealing which marks the whole history of Ireland (who was the priminister who turned down the offer of unification when it was offerd by Churchill for example?)

If Sinn Fein want to do good things they could declare an amnesty on all the famillies they have ordered out of the country as the English have done for convicted terrorists many of them guilty of the most appalling atrosities.

Sinn Fein could also lobby for a public inquiry in to Britains "Twin Towers" ie Omagh, St Gerry of Adams and his mate Mcguiness are all in favour of the on going inquiry in to bloody sunday and rightly so but have they the same interest in finding the culprits of the Birmingham pub bombings?...errr....no and that is probably because they were involved in it.

I've known one genuine IRA terrorist. He's now a guest of Uncle Sam at the Gray Bar Hotel in Leavenworth, Kansas.

This side of the pond, St. Patrick's Day is an excuse to have a parade and then drink far too much Guinness Stout. I prefer our approach. Americans understand that flying shrapnel might break the pitcher and spill the beer.

Strelnikov

does anyone actually enjoy guinness? I've tried to like it and I just can't manage to get it down. Tastes too burnt to me. I prefer wussy Australian beer (still not as wussy as US beer :p)

Well if I were to choose a beer (which I wont because I'm under age and have NEVER touched a drop of that Devil's brew) *cough cough* I'd have to say Corona's the best.

How about this?

Two Irish boys playing in a lane found a dead horse. Being the mischievous kind of boys, they cut off the horse's male member and began brandishing it in the air. Just then a police officer on his bicycle came up the lane, and the boys not wanting to be caught with it tossed it over the wall of the Nunnery.

Sister Agnes and Sister Mary taking their afternoon stroll found the penis in the bushes. "Oh sweet Lord!" says Sister Agnes.

"What's wrong?" asks Sister Mary. "You've gone as white as a sheet."

"Those dirty protestant bastards!" Sister Agnes replies. "They have murdered Father O'Toole!"

Strelnikov

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back