• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Happy Turkey Day

vampyr

TMF Regular
Just wanted to wish everyone a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving. Go ahead and overeat, it is expected! You can diet later. I am thankful for all the cool people on this board who like my posts and who made me feel welcome.

Have a great one yourself! :) I am thankful for all the members of this site who have made it as successful as it is. :D

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! Feliz dia de accion de gracias!! (I believe that is correct.) Food, fun, and for the vast majority of male and female America, FOOTBALL....(Personally, I could care less. :p) Be sure to enjoy your own as best you can, for times where you can take a break from the fast pace of life and just be with friends and family are few and far between.

Yay! My second favorite holiday!! We're heading off tomorrow to spend the day with hubby's dreaded family so I expect to be quite miserable. But his mom who is hosting is cool and serves up a feast to be remembered. She has checklists all over her kitchen, starts planning a week in advance, and makes enough food to feed a small country. Breaks out the crystal and the Grand Boroque silver. Even the babies get that stuff.
I wish a happy day to you all, even those poor bastars outside the US. Stuff yourselves silly anyway and think about your friends in America who get a day off of work once a year for this!

<center>HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!</center>

Corruptress - good to read that you're still alive. I was beginning to wonder.

Not for people easily offended...

Poor big bird...never saw it coming...

Attachments

• SesameStreet-Thanksgiving.gif
    SesameStreet-Thanksgiving.gif
    94.1 KB · Views: 53
What is that Turkey day ??.........hey i'm one of those poor people outside the US :snob:and personnaly i prefer the wild one (mean Turkey of course:rolleyes:)
Have fun anyway :laughing:

A day off for a turkey :p .
Thanx for the explanation page HDS, to say i'm really not into all those kinds of celebrations :sigh:, so i'm lost into that turkey, giving thanx and so on.........
A day off nonetheless :cool:

US Thanksgiving

In 1621, after a hard and devastating first year in the New World the Pilgrim's fall harvest was very successful and plentiful. There was corn, fruits, vegetables, along with fish which was packed in salt, and meat that was smoke cured over fires. They found they had enough food to put away for the winter.

The Pilgrims had beaten the odds. They built homes in the wilderness, they raised enough crops to keep them alive during the long coming winter, and they were at peace with their Indian neighbors. Their Governor, William Bradford, proclaimed a day of thanksgiving that was to be shared by all the colonists and the neighboring Native American Indians.

The custom of an annually celebrated thanksgiving, held after the harvest, continued through the years. During the American Revolution (late 1770's) a day of national thanksgiving was suggested by the Continental Congress.

In 1817 New York State adopted Thanksgiving Day as an annual custom. By the middle of the 19th century many other states also celebrated a Thanksgiving Day. In 1863 President Abraham Lincoln appointed a national day of thanksgiving. Since then each president has issued a Thanksgiving Day proclamation, usually designating the fourth Thursday of each November as the holiday.

It's also celebrated in other countries as well like Canada, but mainly it's a US holiday. Traditionally involves the serving of turkey which has been an icon like symbol for the holiday like pine trees are to Christmas. Personally, it's the 3 F's for me. Family, Food, and Football (Not futbol).

Thanks for the source HDS.

sole seeker said:
<center>HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!</center>

Corruptress - good to read that you're still alive. I was beginning to wonder.

Alive yes, but tres busy. I am moving to a new apartment next week, larger and with much better closet space. Really cool location too. That is one more
thing for me to be thankful for!

Turkey Time Baby!

I just wanted to wish everyone out there on this super wrbsite a great Thanksgiving today. at the very least, I want everyone to enjoy the day off from work and have a good time.

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back