• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Hot Topic Forum

Senshi1

Staff
Missy Val said in another controversial thread to suggest a hot topic forum if we didn't want to see the threads closed or deleted.

Just putting my name down for that hot-topics forum. I don't always take part in them (and as far as I'm aware, I don't flame), but I think it'd be a shame to see these topics vanish due to the actions of a few.

I think it'd be a good idea too--it'd be better than having to put ***CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC*** in the thread name or something.

~K

I'm in.
Like I said in the last topic to be closed, we just can't handle these kinda topics yet, with a forum just for hot topics, I'm sure we'll be better able to keep the flaming and trolls to a minimum if not down completely.
*signs*

I’m entirely opposed to the idea. Don’t get me wrong- I have no problem with debate. But it has its TIME and PLACE. This is a FETISH FORUM. Lets keep it that way.

Be realistic- has there ever been a “hot topic” that didn’t eventually degrade at some point into idiotic mudslinging? In an ideal forum there are no trolls, no snipers, and everyone that posts is well informed and affable. That’s just not the case here or anywhere. In my opinion the bit of censorship that goes on here is worth it; its reasonable and prevents assholes from gaining too much of a voice and ruining it for others. The lack of political or religious discussions is actually why I come to TT more than that shit-storm known as the TMF. I’m sure others would beg to differ, but when I’m trying to enjoy myself I don’t want to be anywhere near discussions on abortion, creationism, or anything else of that ilk. Just ignore the post you say? Frankly some topics make it easier to ignore a stick being jabbed into my crotch. Like many others, if I see a post that trivializes my beliefs there’s no way in hell I can say nothing…and that just adds fuel to the fire despite whether it’s a quality reply or not.

Spend a few minutes looking at the posts in the P&R forum on the TMF and ask yourself if you really want this on TT. I know some do and that’s fine. But I respectfully disagree. I say to keep this place an escape from the things that divide us everywhere else. I have no problem keeping my opinions to myself as long as others extend the same courtesy.

Please, for the love of God/flying spaghetti monster: KILL THIS IDEA.

Many of them do degrade into slanging matches, but it's nice to have the choice to do that if felt like. :p Nobody can be forced into a whole seperate sub-forum against their will, so the only ones affected will be those who chose to go in and watch/participate.

It's a toughie. I'm like Taxwaxus in that I eventually had enough of the TMF's flame-wars on big-issue topics. What blows my mind is, these are TICKLING forums, and yet there's people here and there who pretty much come to debate these hot topics and rarely post anything in the regular, conversational threads. I should go visit the many, many political and religious boards to be found on the Net and start up tickling topics, just for balance, y'know?

So, for now, I'm kinda opposed to the idea of segregating these "heavy" topics, but, if things get any worse, we may not have a choice but to start a subforum.

For once, Rick, we have a common side. I only tend to respond to a lot of these to provide (1) balance (2) an intelligent rebuttal to a post that either misquotes or misrepresents (by intent or accident) or (2) defend my faith and belief system when it is attacked.

I'd rather come here to avoid all of that, since I face it enough in the 'real world.' I'd vote to keep this as a happy oasis from all that.

im not sure. id like to see it. but i also wouldnt want to upset the balance. maybe limiting the subjects that are allowed to be posted upon in the hot topics thread? (i know that kinda defeats the purpose though...)

I know that no one wants to see a part of the forum erupt into mass flamewars. However, if we do have a hot topic forum, then we can just avoid it entirly, I know that I will. And besides, I think it'd just be better to have a forum for the hot topics then have them spill out into the general board and make that a more hostile place. Just throwing in my two cents on this.

I guess I could rally around it. As JackVanderson said, I too would probably avoid the whole section.

The hard part for the mods would be when an otherwise joking or innocent thread goes off on a troublesome "hot-derail". Then, it's up to the staff to split the thread where the fork occurs.

yikes what happened here while i was away? all this thread closing..and flame throwing...and thank goodness this time it wasn't a thread of mine that was closed...:redface:

I wasn’t planning on responding to this thread after Mistress Val pointed me here, considering I’m just one of the temporary freeloaders, but since Izzy decided to bump a two year old discussion, I thought what the hell.

I noticed there’ve been quite a few “TT vs. TMF” threads here over the years, and a common theme in those discussions (and in this thread) revolves around a disdain for topics that get too close to ones personal beliefs. I would just like to point out that both TT & TMF are “adult” sites, and as such invite “adult” discussion.

I understand the desire to escape other mundane social issues when engaging in this particular “adult” behavior, but personally I’ve always found it more exhilarating to discuss those issues with individuals, specifically because they share my “special” interest.

Maybe I’m wrong, but the structure of this forum has a bit of a kiddy park feel to it compared to the TMF, and if that’s what the active members here prefer, that’s fine. But I wonder, since it was princess Izzy who bumped this thread, I can’t help but think she may be screaming to unleash the InnocentSexKitten again in a Hot Topics forum, and I have no doubt that Astro Girl Ariel would be in a perpetual search & destroy mode in such a forum.

Who knows, it might put a little more pep in this place!

I nearly posted here but didn't when i realised the thread had been bumped, but i think it may be worth mentioning a thing or two.

A hot topic forum would be a good idea if it seperated the flaming fraternity, and left the rest in harmony, a number of threads are often spoilt by people getting into hot debates then getting abusive and knocking one or another, and it then gets personal.

This is a fun fetish site or so i thought where you could have a decent adult disscussion.

But would a hot topic forum cause flaming and trolling to increase or would all threads end up in that forum as a result of the bullying and distrution spreading.

Often these trolls, flammers, bullys, cause distruption and yet never take part in any of the sites areas.

May be religion, race, sex, government.and similar issues should all be banned but that would stop freedom of speach.

I guess a hot topic forum may well be the answer.

Does anyone know what the conclusion was last time this thread was posted originally.

Hot Topics thread? Is this something like an 'emo party' thread? Where's all the hair dye, black make-up and 'individually conforming' black clothes? :lol

I have ambivalent feelings on the issue: I think it can be both bad and good, but like with most all things one (the mods) have to weigh the potential pros against cons to see if it would be worth it. Me personally, I think it's more of a moot point overall, from the fact that if a 'hot' topic comes up, it comes up - period. And then it either dies or stays abreast in the 'complete' discussions thread and 'that's how the cookie crumbles'.

I wasn’t planning on responding to this thread after Mistress Val pointed me here, considering I’m just one of the temporary freeloaders, but since Izzy decided to bump a two year old discussion, I thought what the hell.

I noticed there’ve been quite a few “TT vs. TMF” threads here over the years, and a common theme in those discussions (and in this thread) revolves around a disdain for topics that get too close to ones personal beliefs. I would just like to point out that both TT & TMF are “adult” sites, and as such invite “adult” discussion.

I understand the desire to escape other mundane social issues when engaging in this particular “adult” behavior, but personally I’ve always found it more exhilarating to discuss those issues with individuals, specifically because they share my “special” interest.

Maybe I’m wrong, but the structure of this forum has a bit of a kiddy park feel to it compared to the TMF, and if that’s what the active members here prefer, that’s fine. But I wonder, since it was princess Izzy who bumped this thread, I can’t help but think she may be screaming to unleash the InnocentSexKitten again in a Hot Topics forum, and I have no doubt that Astro Girl Ariel would be in a perpetual search & destroy mode in such a forum.

Who knows, it might put a little more pep in this place!

why stop at princess..why not queen? and wow innocentsexcat...there's a blast from the past..she never screamed however..she purred, hissed, showed her claws.

Since I haven't visited this forum much for quite awhile, for all I know this thread may be moot, as either such a board may have already been added without my noticing it, or a decision may have already long ago been made against it.

But since this thread, which I've never noticed before now, has been bumped, FWIW, bearing in mind what someone else said above about this being a supposedly "adult" forum, while I personally would allow topics to get as "hot" as anyone wished on any subboard until/unless it was determined that it had escalated beyond the pale, as it were (and in such cases warning or disciplining only the truly "offending" parties and resisting actually closing or locking any threads for as long as possible), knowing that many (if not most) adults seem to have difficulty rationally discussing serious topics and having beliefs they've held since childhood challenged, a separate "hot topics" board might be the next best thing, assuming that the hypersensitivities of the ultra-thin-skinned are deemed worthy of pandering to.

I suppose the existence of such a "dedicated" board might actually help create greater interest in the board for some, while, at least in theory, persuading others to leave. But, while I'm inclined to agree with others that, at least in my own experience, online discussion of such "hot" topics can and often does degenerate into little but mindless flaming, as others have also suggested, having a separate board for such topics won't force anyone to involve themselves with same, and IMO they have only themselves to blame for entering the kitchen if they can't stand the heat, to coin a cliche.

Otherwise, I know I pretty much completely abandoned one still very popular forum (also related to a "specialized" topic, if one much different from this one), which had a "dedicated" board for such "hot" topics, when the board owner eventually decided to close that sub-board, based on what I felt was ultimately nothing more than the opinions expressed on same which challenged his own personal biases/beliefs (as only those members whose beliefs conflicted with his own seemed to be censured - and often highly censored as well - by a less-than-objective moderator, even though others posting much more rudely were conveniently ignored), since which that forum has seemed much too light weight and childish in nature for my preferences. On the other hand, unlike this board, it wasn't specifically designated as an "adult" forum but was intended to be "family friendly." But I guess, likewise, it's up to this board's owners to decide how "lightweight" they would prefer this forum to be.

Last edited:
We have considered the idea of a "debate" section over the years, usually after a spate of thread closures or deletions around US election times. The owner did not especially like the idea, although we might consider it if demand is high enough to justify it and we have sufficient staff in place to keep the "heat" contained to its own section.

so sue me for bumping up an old thread...gesh..it's not like it's never been done before..i don't go around randomly bumping up old threads..this thread was referred to..i bumped it up for those who might not have seen it..kill me..but make it fast...damn

"I’m yawning … I’m yawing some more … AND zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz … zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!"

so sue me for bumping up an old thread...gesh..it's not like it's never been done before..i don't go around randomly bumping up old threads..this thread was referred to..i bumped it up for those who might not have seen it..kill me..but make it fast...damn

Too nice and good to be killed, i would have thought after all the pleasure you bring us with your posts, bumping up a thread would harly have been the crime of the centuary.

killing no a mild spanking maybe iam sure there will be lots of people offering but can i be first :):stickout:eek:;):blush:lol

"I’m yawning … I’m yawing some more … AND zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz … zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!"

o why don't you annoy someone else..hmm i think that's from a movie..and the tmf is back up, so i keep hearing..so don't let the door kick errr...i mean..please do come back soon, Darvon..i'd miss you terribly..

Hazelf...aww..hugs

o why don't you annoy someone else..hmm i think that's from a movie..and the tmf is back up, so i keep hearing..so don't let the door kick errr...i mean..please do come back soon, Darvon..i'd miss you terribly..

Hazelf...aww..hugs
It’s from that funny FedEx Office commercial where the big TSA guy critiques a passenger’s presentation and sarcastically implies it’s boring for “kicking off with sales figures”. Of course if TT allowed picture & object embedding, you could have just clicked on the clip in this post instead of reading a long boring explanation.

Besides, that wasn’t directed toward you Izzy, it was in response to Missy Val letting us know the decision of the “owner” not to create the sub-forum. You complained in another thread that TMF threads here have multi-page replies, but one of yours is listening to crickets chirp, and I think I understand why that is.

As I said in my first reply here, if you guys are happy with the forum as is, then more power to you, but I think TT would generate much more traffic if it moved with the times and encouraged more edgy expression (including embedding). I understand doing so would come with additional bandwidth cost, but perhaps that could be offset by Ad revenue with the increased traffic.

Anyway, I think you should come back to the dark side with us Izzy. I know a guy named Jimmy who I’m sure would love to mix it up with his favorite hot feline again. :2thumbs:

Darvon ya..the theater has over seventy thousand members..yet few do any posting..i mean this place should by all rights be as active as the tmf or any other place..*shrugs* i don't know..

and Jimmy hmm..well make Jimmy come here lol.

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back