• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Internet History

tummynavelboy

TMF Expert
is there a way i can Get rid of the internet history with like what pages you Visit and go to for Good? Because every time i go to Tools then internet options then history then i Click yes on the box that pops up that says yes or no. Once i do that everytime it clears out all my visited websites that i have been to online fine without a problem. But once i close out of the internet and get back online all the websites and web pages come Right back in the history tab that i have went to.

Im just asking this because i don't want my people friends parents etc.. knowing what websites i've been to

Im running XP Pro also btw

Thanks

yeah..turn the pages of history to 0 ..it keeps no history(well no visible). thats what i did.

Jeff and cosquillero

i did both of thoses things that Both of you suggested. But everytime i get back online and back on the internet the webpages and websites that myself and others have visited keep coming Back and keep showing up on the history button.

Could i right click and click on delete for the history maybe? but wouldn't that take along time?

I told you, in Internet Explorer just in tools/options menu on general tab.

Get a program by the name of X-cleaner...the trial although lacking many features...utterly destroys history, cookies, or what have you.

Oh, and don't worry, you can keep cookies and still delete history..so you don't have to sign in to thousands of places again

^_^

On some versions of Windows, a separate history log is maintained in a .dat file, which cannot be easily located. This is why sites you visited recently will "auto-complete" in the address bar, even if you dumped the cache and history folder.

You will need a third-party history eraser as XX suggests. You might want to visit www.webattack.com for a variety of freeware downloads for various security tools.

Best of luck,

ok first go into the start menu, select control panel, then go to network and internet options..internet properties should come up..turn pages to 0..hit applyu then after it is applied hit ok and ur done..like i said there are no visual history kept but as someone else stated there is the .dat files..that should help ya david

Later Bro,

Jeff

Autocomplete feature may be your problem too.

I had this problem too. I had lots of spyware in my computer, but history let the sites stay loaded in my history toolbar. I would do this to clean it up:

1) In your browswer menu, select "tools".

2) Then select "internet options".

3) Then click on the "content" tab.

4) There is an "auto complete" button near the bottom. Select that.

5) Adjust your settings by deselecting all entries that auto complete will do for you. Then clean out all passwords and forms. Then click "OK" to save your settings.

6) Clean out your history in your browser as the guys said above. Then close your browser to reset it. Then re-enter to see if you got your settings correct.

Hope this helps.

What's New

5/2/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back