• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Is it Hockey yet?

gargoyleofdusk

TMF Master
Oh so close....

Bruins make the playoffs, Flames get to the second round, Rangers don't make it.....

Being a Huge Rangers fan, I think the Rangers can go a long way in the playoffs this year. Lundy and JJ will have good years and with all the new players in I feel this team could win a cup

I wish the Red Wings played in the eastern conference so they could play the original 6 teams more...we get to play Nashville 8 times a year instead (sigh)

Angel_2 said:
Being a Huge Rangers fan, I think the Rangers can go a long way in the playoffs this year. Lundy and JJ will have good years and with all the new players in I feel this team could win a cup
Not if you play the New Jersey Devils. We stomped on you last year. I know we will do it again this year as well. :bouncybou :couch:

ticklingfeet4fu said:
Not if you play the New Jersey Devils. We stomped on you last year. I know we will do it again this year as well. :bouncybou :couch:

I think the Rangers will give you guys a run for your money this year, with a healthy JJ and Lundy plus with the new guys like Shanahan, Adam Hall and Matt Cullen just to name a few we are that much better. Don't forget we still have guys like Straka, Prucha, Blair Betts we are still a good team. Also Weekes is no longer the #1 Goalie :cool:

Angel_2 said:
I think the Rangers will give you guys a run for your money this year, with a healthy JJ and Lundy plus with the new guys like Shanahan, Adam Hall and Matt Cullen just to name a few we are that much better. Don't forget we still have guys like Straka, Prucha, Blair Betts we are still a good team. Also Weekes is no longer the #1 Goalie :cool:
If you remember JJ ( as you call him ) was healthy all year long until you played us. Lundqvist was also fairly healthy until you played us in the playoffs, too. You proved NOTHING to the Devils fans as you lost the final 9 games of the season. I would not expect your Rangers to be more than one and done this year too. Jagr is as soft as cotton. Wait til he plays us. It is like dealing with Lindros when he was a Flyer all over again. :wowzer:

ticklingfeet4fu said:
If you remember JJ ( as you call him ) was healthy all year long until you played us. Lundqvist was also fairly healthy until you played us in the playoffs, too. You proved NOTHING to the Devils fans as you lost the final 9 games of the season. I would not expect your Rangers to be more than one and done this year too. Jagr is as soft as cotton. Wait til he plays us. It is like dealing with Lindros when he was a Flyer all over again. :wowzer:

At that time both JJ and Lundy were worn out and tired, and we had Weekes in goal and he is not that good. Yes we did prove nothing to you devils fans but I think that will make the Rangers want to prove something this year. During last season also remember that we only had JJ as our main goal scorer, this year we have more help so it won't just be JJ by himself.

It should be a fun season doing battle with you guys but I think this year we will shock you guys should we play in the playoffs again

Krokus said:
The Blackhawks will... make a few goals.

Hawks already missing backup goalie lalime and defense cam neeley for 3 months

better start watchin wolves games, pat foley is broadcasting there now

I've been a fan of the bruins since the mid 70's i think they will do alot better this year then they have in the past few years

Angel_2 said:
At that time both JJ and Lundy were worn out and tired, and we had Weekes in goal and he is not that good. Yes we did prove nothing to you devils fans but I think that will make the Rangers want to prove something this year. During last season also remember that we only had JJ as our main goal scorer, this year we have more help so it won't just be JJ by himself.

It should be a fun season doing battle with you guys but I think this year we will shock you guys should we play in the playoffs again
Wore out??? Tired??? The number of games in the season will never change. Maybe they would like a nap. Do they want some milk and cookies??? As far as no other players who could score, that is crazy. Who heard of Brian Gianotta before last season??? Nobody. You have to take the bull by the horn and make your chances and opportunities. There are no free gifts or rides in the NHL.

ticklingfeet4fu said:
Wore out??? Tired??? The number of games in the season will never change. Maybe they would like a nap. Do they want some milk and cookies??? As far as no other players who could score, that is crazy. Who heard of Brian Gianotta before last season??? Nobody. You have to take the bull by the horn and make your chances and opportunities. There are no free gifts or rides in the NHL.

Don't worry we will be ready this time for your team, The Rangers will come at you full force, don't worry about that.

Looks like Angel was right, atleast on this night! :D Senators will drop a few pegs, Bruins will be in the hunt.... as will the Leafs! (atleast in our division, lol) ... at any rate, thank God hockey's back!! :veryhappy

ps. I hate to say it... especially a team named after a duck by Disney, but Anaheim with the addition of Chris Pronger on D, to go with Scott Neidermeyer, will be pretty much unstoppable... time will tell

leafstk said:
Looks like Angel was right, atleast on this night! :D Senators will drop a few pegs, Bruins will be in the hunt.... as will the Leafs! (atleast in our division, lol) ... at any rate, thank God hockey's back!! :veryhappy

ps. I hate to say it... especially a team named after a duck by Disney, but Anaheim with the addition of Chris Pronger on D, to go with Scott Neidermeyer, will be pretty much unstoppable... time will tell
Forgive me leaf if I don't put much stock in a pre-season game. When the Rangers needed to win one game in their final 9 they couldn't do it including twice against the Devils. Then the Devils snuff the life out of them in the playoffs. So if the Rangers want to win pre-season games against the Devils then more power to them. I'll take my wins in the post-season. :D

ticklingfeet4fu said:
Forgive me leaf if I don't put much stock in a pre-season game. When the Rangers needed to win one game in their final 9 they couldn't do it including twice against the Devils. Then the Devils snuff the life out of them in the playoffs. So if the Rangers want to win pre-season games against the Devils then more power to them. I'll take my wins in the post-season. :D

But the pre-season is going to show what it will be like in the playoffs this year if we play you this year

Angel_2 said:
But the pre-season is going to show what it will be like in the playoffs this year if we play you this year
You have to forgive if I think your team needs to prove themselves. The Rangers have a VERY long history of losing. Why should it change now. I know 1994. But the sun does shine on a dogs ass once in a while.

ticklingfeet4fu said:
You have to forgive if I think your team needs to prove themselves. The Rangers have a VERY long history of losing. Why should it change now. I know 1994. But the sun does shine on a dogs ass once in a while.

Yes of course we have to prove ourselfs but don't you think last season was atleast a start? I think so and I feel that this year will only get better, we are a stronger team then last years. Weekes is not our #1 Goalie, we got a bunch of new players and we just beat you in a home and home, I know it was only preseason but its a start none the less :D

Lets Go Rangers!!!!

Angel_2 said:
Yes of course we have to prove ourselfs but don't you think last season was atleast a start? I think so and I feel that this year will only get better, we are a stronger team then last years. Weekes is not our #1 Goalie, we got a bunch of new players and we just beat you in a home and home, I know it was only preseason but its a start none the less :D

Lets Go Rangers!!!!
You beat in a home and home in pre-season. That means NOTHING!!! You want to make something out of this PRE-SEASON home and home be my guest. But I will tell you that the Devils are better than they were a year ago and can careless what you guys do in pre-season. See the difference between Devils fans and Rangers fans is Devils fans expect to win when the bell rings and Rangers fans hope that their team win when they hit the ice. Even if is a meanless exhibition game.

ticklingfeet4fu said:
You beat in a home and home in pre-season. That means NOTHING!!! You want to make something out of this PRE-SEASON home and home be my guest. But I will tell you that the Devils are better than they were a year ago and can careless what you guys do in pre-season. See the difference between Devils fans and Rangers fans is Devils fans expect to win when the bell rings and Rangers fans hope that their team win when they hit the ice. Even if is a meanless exhibition game.

Alright maybe the pre-season means nothing but I like the fact we beat you guys, maybe you guys are better then last years team but so are the Rangers. Ranger fans also expect there team to win but I will say that last year No Ranger fan even me did think they would do as well as they did last year. This year we are better and being that we had such a great year last year I think it will keep going but we will win.

Angel_2 said:
Alright maybe the pre-season means nothing but I like the fact we beat you guys, maybe you guys are better then last years team but so are the Rangers. Ranger fans also expect there team to win but I will say that last year No Ranger fan even me did think they would do as well as they did last year. This year we are better and being that we had such a great year last year I think it will keep going but we will win.
Angel_2 good luck but don't expect me to give kudos to a team that has made the playoffs ONE time in the last 10 years or who has won only one Stanley Cup in the last 67 years. I won't do it. Lets see the Rangers beat the Devils in the playoffs not in the preseason.

ticklingfeet4fu said:
Angel_2 good luck but don't expect me to give kudos to a team that has made the playoffs ONE time in the last 10 years or who has won only one Stanley Cup in the last 67 years. I won't do it. Lets see the Rangers beat the Devils in the playoffs not in the preseason.

Thanks for the good luck wishes but I think the Rangers will make the playoffs this year and for years to come. ok this year should we meet in the playoffs again I won't say the Rangers will beat you guys but we WON'T get beat 4 strtight

Whats the state of the NHL in the USA? Is it really as unpopular as The Hockey News makes it out to be? Is it doomed to suffer soccer's fate? Or does it have a chance to have a solid core of fans in which even some towns will consider their successful hockey team their #1 priority over their losing baseball team. In the US I mean because I know how big it is in Canada. :ermm:

Ethical Edward said:
Whats the state of the NHL in the USA? Is it really as unpopular as The Hockey News makes it out to be? Is it doomed to suffer soccer's fate? Or does it have a chance to have a solid core of fans in which even some towns will consider their successful hockey team their #1 priority over their losing baseball team. In the US I mean because I know how big it is in Canada. :ermm:
I think it does have a good solid core of fans. Fact is, hockey is a tough sport to watch on television therefore it does not get the ratings. But their arenas sellout almost every night across this great country of ours. So while it does not get ratings on TV it does do well at the boxoffice. Hockey is alive and well. Want to know if it is doing well??? Look in at Madison Square Garden, Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, look in at the United Center in Chicago, look in at the arena in Columbus, Ohio. This is just a few that I mentioned. Hockey is a great sport. Once you get the rules down, it is a fun game.

ticklingfeet4fu said:
I think it does have a good solid core of fans. Fact is, hockey is a tough sport to watch on television therefore it does not get the ratings. But their arenas sellout almost every night across this great country of ours. So while it does not get ratings on TV it does do well at the boxoffice. Hockey is alive and well. Want to know if it is doing well??? Look in at Madison Square Garden, Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, look in at the United Center in Chicago, look in at the arena in Columbus, Ohio. This is just a few that I mentioned. Hockey is a great sport. Once you get the rules down, it is a fun game.

Can you talk about some reasons why you believe it is hard to watch on TV? I always enjoyed it since 5th grade much to my anti-Islander chagrin! :disgust:

So sad seeing the Stanley Cup leave the Sunshine State. I know you Bruin fans are aching to know that feeling. Um....Ranger fans too seeing how even with all that money your team spends on talent you barely make the playoffs and when you do you get bumped by the Devils. Ha! (Ranger hater).

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back