• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

is it wrong to ask a stranger if they're ticklish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get pretty annoyed when people from TMF IM me and ask me if I'm ticklish, or where. I can't imagine it's any better in any other context.

I wouldn't say it's *wrong* exactly, but certainly warrants a strange look or an eyeroll. Slap on the face, not so much IMO. You don't have to be best friends with someone to find out if they're ticklish. Take a little time...expend a little effort to get to know someone, THEN broach the subject.

I think I would be a little taken aback if someone I didn't know walked up to me and just asked me, point blank. I would probably think they were up to something. I think it depends on what kind of tone of voice you ask it in, if you offer an explanation of why you are asking it, who you ask it to, etc.

I'd probably blurt out a nervous laugh and shrug and give a goofy/incredulous look, if a stranger asked me that in passing.

To slap someone would be a bit much but certainly eye rolling I can imagine would happen or people just looking at you oddly and walking by shaking your head.

I actually did this once just to see how many said yes. I walked up to 100 different women in a Mall once when I was younger and told them I was doing a project for college and was doing a survey of how many women out of a 100 I asked if they were ticklish? The results I got were 72 were ticklish and the other 28 said no they were not ticklish at all.

TicklesFemales

Definitely weird. I wouldn't want to be asked something like that.

I would say they'd have every right to scoot far, far away from you. Very strange thing for anyone to ask someone they've never met.

In my opinion, yes. To just walk up to a stranger, cold, and just blurt out "Are you ticklish?'" is definitely an odd question. I've always been of the belief that it has to be phrased, in context, to an action, or conversation.

I dont know if you read my post from last year about how I got a tickle admission about the girl who used to cut my hair, and her hot twenty something daughter. I was getting my hair cut, and the girl who always did it knew the clippers tickled me when she shaved my neck. She then said something like "My daughter is very ticklish, too, and wont let anyone touch her feet, she cant sit through a pedicure". With the tickle door then opened, I was able to walk through. I then said to her "Can you sit through a pedicure", to which she replied "Yes". I then said something like "If Pete (Her husband) walked up to you, and tickled your feet, you wouldnt laugh?" To which she replied "Yes, if Pete tickled my feet, I would laugh, my feet are ticklish". The tickling conversation was phrased to an action that was happening to me, so it was okay to prod a little. I knew this girl for years, and if that door had not been opened, there's no way I would have walked up to my haircutter, and been like "By the way, Ginger, are you ticklish?'" I go to a different haircutter now, and there are one or two girls there I would love to ask "The Question" to, but I never would, unless, say, the hair clipper situation came up again. If you walk up to people and just say "Are you ticklish?" unless they are a close friend, it will probably weird them out.

I wouldnt do it, but that's just my view.

Mitch

If you're a neurobiologist carrying out a survey for the purposes of scientific research then no.

If you're just about anyone else then it's a pretty weird question to just walk up and ask a stranger.

I actually did this once just to see how many said yes. I walked up to 100 different women in a Mall once when I was younger and told them I was doing a project for college and was doing a survey of how many women out of a 100 I asked if they were ticklish? The results I got were 72 were ticklish and the other 28 said no they were not ticklish at all.

TicklesFemales
You didn't just walk up and ask if they were ticklish, then. You walked up, and said you were doing a survey on the subject, then asked. People are slightly more prone to do/answer weird things if it's "for a survey."

I think it would be kind of strange to ask someone you have just met a question like that. I wouldn't say it is "wrong", but it does kind of go against social norms to just ask random people questions about their body and how they react to touch.

It seems downright creepy to me :(
I think it might warrant a disturbed look. Either way, like everyone said...don't just ask someone that. Terrible way of breaking the ice :zzzzz:

If someone I was close with, I'd probably already know if I wanted to.

If some random person on the street, wouldn't ask them... it's just weird, really.

There's one context in which it might--emphasis on the word might make sense--and that is if you and the other person are already flirting anyway. In the context of a flirtation, a little playful tickling can make sense, as can the words "are you ticklish." Otherwise, I really don't recommend it.

If I may philosophize a little here, there's another subculture that I belong to, and that's nudists. Now, among nudists (or naturists, which is the term that my crowd actually tends to use), there's a fairly common tendency to regard anybody who is not a nudist as needing to try it, as having a silly hangup about the body and needing to be taught to get over it. I remember being told of a story in which a nudist man married a woman who had teenage kids in the house, and the marriage broke up because he saw no need to wear clothes in his own home whereas the teenagers really didn't want to see their stepfather naked every day. Obviously, from his point of view, his wife's teenagers had a silly hangup that he felt no obligation to accommodate himself to.

Okay, well...here's what I'm getting at. In my naturist circles, I am always the one trying to point out to my fellow naturists that they need to understand the point of view of those who do not share our comfort with nudity. Nudity means one thing to us, it means something completely different to the general population, and, like it or not, we're frequently going to be the ones needing to accommodate ourselves to the connotations that nudity has for others. And, guess what: this principle is doubly, that's right, doubly true for tickling. We cannot look upon the average person we meet as one who's just waiting to be introduced to the joys of tickling.

And believe me, I have learned the hard way that there are certain situations where it really pays to keep my kinkiness to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back