• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Is The Mainstream World Ready For A Book About Tickling?

Fantastklr

TMF Poster
I’ve finally finished writing my novel, “The Heroes of Hastington”. It’s packed with humor, plot twists, and quite a few surprises. Although tickling is the underlying theme, I think many mainstream readers would actually enjoy it. I tried very hard not to write a “fetish” book, yet I didn’t want my story to lose the impact and detail of the tickling scenes. My goal was to strike a good balance, and to give the plain vanilla world a very positive glimpse of our world. I realize that it’s difficult to get any book published, but I’m willing to put forth the effort if there’s a chance that it would be accepted by those outside of the tickling community. The entire work is in a single pdf file, which I found to be much too large to post in the TMF stories section. However, I was able to upload the file to Tripod, and I’ve posted the link in the stories section under the title, “Welcome to the Tickling Capital of the World”. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
fantastklr
(aka Carlton Phillips, my pen-name)

Hmmm....It will be interesting to see what kinds of respinse you get to it. Good luck!

Ann

To avoid making it a cultish fetish book, I'd avoid publishing an E-version and just work to get a hard copy circulating. Good luck.

Meth

I saw go for it. You never know. I think there is a novel out there in the mainstrem with tickling as the subject so you should be able to get it going. You may have to self publish it though as it is next to impossible to get a publisher interested in just about anything anymore.

I will buy it.

Hey man, one of my jobs is working in a book store. Fuckin A! You get that book published and you've already made a sale from me. :)

Is the world ready?

i certainly hope so! i'm also writing a book about your average gent, fresh outta high school, going through the paces of growing up...and having tickling adventures we could only dream of. though it won't be rock solid full of tickling, it will be a prime theme in the story.
my thoughts: go for it. there are books out there that we didn't know existed about tickling, but can be found in various bookstores and on-line shops. maybe one of the good things that come of it (besides being a recognized author) is setting the record straight about tickle-philes. best of luck!

ditto what cloudgazer2k said, i say go for it. anything that can portray "us" in a more positive light would do our entire community wonders i would imagine. best of luck to you. peace.........BLUE_THUNDER

Ok I 've read it. I enjoyed it very much and I think it will appeal to folks like "us" a lot. I'm not convinced the mainstream world is ready for it though. I think there's too much "torturous" stuff in the beginning. Anyone who's not already into it is going to be chased off by it I think.

The parts near the end where the professor is explaining the phenomenon and the playful tickling going on around the town are really good and I think would do more to paint the whole thing in a fun and favorable light.

And of course the town you've created is sort of a Kittletown, but with everyone participating as lers and lees if they want to, which is probably better for all-around appeal.

I think if you want to go mainstream you might want to tone down the beginning some.

alchemy said:
Hey man, one of my jobs is working in a book store. Fuckin A! You get that book published and you've already made a sale from me. :)
The_Laugher said:
I will buy it.
Um... he's offered it for free in the Stories Section.

I could swear I've read this several years ago. It's quite good. Was this ever posted to the newsgroup alt.multimedia.tk in installments?

Thank you!

Thanks for all the great comments and suggestions.

lk70, you're probably right in thinking that the tickling scenes may be too intense for the casual reader. I’m not sure if I should tone them down a little, or take my chances and leave them just as they are. I find it hard to be objective when it comes to tickling. To me, tickling is an incredibly fun thing that’s right up there with eating pizza, listening to great rock ‘n roll, and spending the day at the amusement park.

As Mz Chaos has pointed out, I’ve posted the entire book for everyone to enjoy free of charge. If it gets published one day...great! But for now, I just want to share it with everyone in the tickling community.

Drew, you’ve got an amazing memory. As I had mentioned in my post in the stories section (welcome to the tickling capital of the world), “The Heroes of Hastington” began as a series called, “Village of the Tickled”. I'd posted it on both the AMT newsgroup and the TMF several years ago. Although the basic plot and the principal characters have remained the same, much has changed. I’ve re-written all of the previous chapters and added a tremendous amount of new material. I've also introduced many new characters and created several sub-plots. There’s lots of punchy dialog so you’ll really “get to know” the folks of Hastington, a great little town where tickling has become a way of life. My goal was to take the reader on a past-paced, fun-filled journey. After working on this story for nearly three years, I sure hope I’ve succeeded!

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back