• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Johnny Cash Touches Me From The Great Beyond

Ethical Edward

TMF Expert
I swear to all thats holy that Johnny Cash wrote the song Hurt for and/or about me. Every time I hear it I feel somewhat soothed that someone understands me. Freaky huh? The song is about loss but in a particular yet broad way that you have to hear it to understand. Anyone else feel that touched by a particular song? :Hyrdrogen

Not to burst any bubbles here, but Johnny Cash didn't write "Hurt". It was Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails. Although Johnny's version is much more powerful and emotional.

Drew

TklDuo-Drew said:
Not to burst any bubbles here, but Johnny Cash didn't write "Hurt". It was Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails. Although Johnny's version is much more powerful and emotional.
Drew

Son of a bitch!!! Cash didnt write that song? Ive been listening to that song for nearly a year and I thought it was his deepest feeling put to song. Trent Reznor??? Well Cash obviously put a lot of emotion in it and felt the song as I do. Perhaps thats why he covered it. Id love to hear the NIN :yowzer:

Although in general i prefer NIN to Johnny Cash i love that song and had only heard the Johnny Cash version until recently and i have to say i do prefer the Cash version.

well, Cash has a better voice than Trent, a very soulful voice. Trent's is the more modern whisper-scream type of sound, but Hurt is a great song either way, and Trent definitely has a lot of talent as a songwriter.

The only thing more intense than Cash's version of "Hurt" is the video. This is extremely moving....showing Johnny in his wild early years and during his final years where he was pretty fragile from failing health.

Drew

I believe the video also shows his wife and was filmed only a few months before she died and i believe he died soon after that as well, but yes it is a very moving video.

What's New

5/27/2024
Take a moment to think about those that sacrificed all on this Memorial Day.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back