• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the internet

Thank you for answering the questions. Truth be told, I never heard "Boy I don't care how old you are! You disrespect me and I will still beat your ass down!" in our house. Probably because we weren't overtly violent in nature, nor were my parents.

The problem i see with all of your answers, is that your protraying the issues as highly subjective. Now, i can understand this to a degree. After all, there is no manuel for being a parent, and there is always going to be a grey area when it comes to parenting. The problem with your answers though is just how much of a grey area they create. Using your examples, I could beat the fuck out of my 25 year old daughter for talking back to me, because those are the rules i've made and I feel like i'm being a good parent because i'm teaching her.

As for the comedian, it was amusing, and there was likely some truth to it. Funny thing about comedy though is that it can be told in regards to pretty much anything and find an audience, no matter what the subject is. Hell, we commonly tell each other tales of our misfortune which, while not funny at the time, are able to be laughed about later. Had the comedian told the same story, but removed the humor elements and changed how he told it a bit, it could have just as easily been in a drama movie.

If you have never heard that phrase about no matter how old you are, you parents can still "take you out", then that was your household. Nothing wrong with that. However, in the environment I grew up in, we always heard it. The funny thing is, today, we joked about that. I was going over this whole topic with some people at work, and we laughed because we remember all the wild and crazy things our parents told us when they were spanking us. We knew the parents weren't really going to hit us in the face, or kill us, or cause some harm greater than the spanking, even when they were telling us they were going to. That is why I can watch this video of the judge disciplining his daughter and can see that it is not child abuse.

Child abuse would show the father actually DOING the threats of harming beyond the spanking on her legs and rear end. Had I saw him hitting her upperbody with the belt, or her face, then of course I would be outraged. But his targets were her legs/rear end. He used a belt. There are those who were spanked with a "switch" (tree branch...). We survived. We look back and chuckle over how we behaved during those interactions with our parents. How we used to run and try to avoid getting hit. What child actually stands there? Natural reaction to move. Parents screaming to stay still or "you'll get it worse!" and we still moved. In the end, we do not feel we were abused at all. We were disciplined just like kid's that go to "timeout".

It's all about perspective. Unless you lived and experienced corporal punishment similar to the video, people will think that was child abuse. Going from my own perspective, and my own experience, that footage was typical parent discipline. The key parts to me to make me think it wasn't abuse was what his actual physical interactions were to the child. He did not strike her upperbody. He did not strike her face. He did not cause bleeding. I listened to what he was saying, not the tone of the voice. That's where I got my opinion. You may agree or disagree, but I am not wrong in my opinion. Just like I am not saying you guys are wrong. I know I will not change your minds. All I am trying to do, is show you guys a different perspective.

Apparantely, that goes over people's heads....

I was thoroughly punished by my parents and beaten with good intentions by my uncles. They were Vietnam vets and one of them rode with the Heathens when he got back. The biker just rough housed, always did. The other one, who was a green beret, was obsessed with training us. He witnessed a boxing match between my older brother in me, set up by another uncle, who was a hollywood stunt man, in a garage. I was four, my older brother was six, he beat me senseless and I remember smacking my head against the concrete at least 3 times. So, the green beret decided to teach me to dodge by rapping me on the temple, when I wasn't paying attention, with his middle knuckles like he was knocking on a door. This turned me into a flincher, and a lot of girls apparently consider that very creepy. I'm not upset at any of them, my heroes were the ninja turtles and I've always been into martial arts. Point is, I don't look at this video and say, "oh my gosh, the terrible, terrible violence!" I look at this video and say, "she can't take it." This is not a boy obsessed with martial arts, this is a girl who does not value toughness, who has cerebral palsy. Just because you can take it, doesn't mean she can or should.

Once again I'll put this question to you, would you be mad if this were her teacher and not her father?

P.S. - No, it doesn't "go over my head." I am trying hard not to assume what the reasons are that you feel this behavior is okay, please do not assume our reasons for thinking it is not. The phrase, "you must let go of your desires," is not about wanting a big house and nice car, it's about seeing the world through tinted shades. Everyone desires to think poorly of their enemies, to give in to this desire is not beneficial to you.

Just to clarify, "by can't take it," I mean that this did not help her in any way, that he actually hurt her mentally. You talk about her like she is manipulative and, although it pains me to say this about someone I think is the victim, I think you're right. I watched her on that news show, and something seemed off to me. I think she posted the reason why she is manipulative in that video.

So as long as he doesn't hit her in an area where it leaves marks, it isn't child abuse.

Brilliant logic.

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back