• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Kick-Ass! (No Spoilers)

Master Baiter

TMF Expert
Saw Kick-Ass last night.
It kicked ass!

Just a few thoughts:

Although it was at times very funny, it was also dark, violent, and very gory.

The character "Hit Girl" stole the show, IMO.

The things that came out of that 11 year old girl's mouth were funny/shocking at once.

I want to see that movie. I haven't heard a bad review yet.

It was very over the top in places, cheesy in others and fairly predictable, but in many of those cases I think this was the intention. The acting was pretty good, Nicholas Cage was rather badass, and Hit Girl was amazing. What did it for me was the music playing in the background for her fight sequences (hope this doesnt count as a spoiler), I've never laughed at violence so much in my life. The dialogue was also quite sharp and very funny in places, although fewer laughs than I was expecting, and a LOT more gore for a 15 rating. Definately recommended though.

Yeah, I saw an an ad for this movie yesterday, snooped around a bit and apparently one of the younger cast members is a potty mouth. It still seems like an awesome movie and will definitely check it out!

Interrogator: Yeah, should have been 18 in the UK with all the violence it supposedly has, but then again movies like The Final Destination are also 15 in the UK and were more gory than many 18 rated flicks. :shrug:

I found the movie online not bad but I'm glad I didn't pay to see it.

I've already seen it twice. That movie was so fucking hardcore. I loved it. The video scene in the warehouse is easily the crowning moment of Nicholas Cage's entire career (which isn't hard to do, all things considered), and Hit Girl was totally badass. Mark Strong was excellent as the villain, and the movie had an excellent soundtrack, and it was hilarious. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Bill and I just got home from seeing Kick-Ass, it was AWESOME. Yes it's gory and shocking at times, but the action and language are appropriate for the film and what a helluva ride! We haven't had that much fun at the movies in quite awhile; GO. GO NOW :headbang:

The character "Hit Girl" stole the show, IMO.

The things that came out of that 11 year old girl's mouth were funny/shocking at once.

yeah I have already decided i am adopting hit girl... not not the actress but the character. IF I ever have a daughter (which I HIGHLY doubt) She will be this little girl. Cause God knows I will feel safe with her out on her own lol. That and she was the coolest 11yo I have ever seen... and she is even better in the comic i highly recommend reading it if you havent.... But yes the movie is so awesomely good. even the things they changed.

hit-girl.jpg

I want her to be my bodyguard.

Best damn movie I have seen in ages.

I loved the comic series and whilst there are a few changes, they only serve to make the movie better IMHO. Jane Goldman loves the comics but understands that not everything that works in a comic works in a movie.

I would echo all the comments above and whilst Cage's Adam West/William Shatner fuelled Big Daddy was great fun and Chloe Moretz's Hit Girl stole the show, I would also give big props to Brit Aaron Johnson who made a good Noo Yawk teenager.

Chloe Moretz said she was inspired by Angelina Jolie for the action scenes but hers are way better than anything la Jolie ever did.

The soundtrack is genius from the speeded up Banana Splits theme to Sparks - This town ain't big enough for the both of us.

Go see it now, then go on IMDB and give it 10/10.

My little girl is dressing up as Hit-Girl for Halloween!

Big Daddy says so.

I gotta get my hands on those comics if they're even half as good as everyone's sayin'.

Yeah....I don't know if I'm going to see this movie.

I, for one, am sick of the "one diminutive person taking out a room full of people with guns" crap.

The idea of some foul-mouthed little girl jumping and twirling and destroying grown adults with guns is a bit to outlandish to sit through.

To be fair, I like the premise of this movie...the idea that a person somewhere decides that they want to be a super hero and actually tries it in real life, but it sounds like that concept very quickly takes a back seat to the typical super hero movie cliches.

I, for one, am sick of the "one diminutive person taking out a room full of people with guns" crap.

The idea of some foul-mouthed little girl jumping and twirling and destroying grown adults with guns is a bit to outlandish to sit through.

To be fair, I like the premise of this movie...the idea that a person somewhere decides that they want to be a super hero and actually tries it in real life, but it sounds like that concept very quickly takes a back seat to the typical super hero movie cliches.

Dude, trust me there's nothing cliched about this movie; Bill and I are hardcore film cynics and we *loved* it. You'd have to dedicate yourself to being a cranky 5th dentist to not enjoy this flick :D

"Outlandish" movies vastly outnumber realistic ones, and I'm glad for that. Realism has it's place, but when it comes to going to the movies, I want to see something fantastic and crazy that can't happen in real life.
Kick-Ass fit the bill damn well. It's an excellent film, regardless of how outlandish it may be.

Dude, trust me there's nothing cliched about this movie; Bill and I are hardcore film cynics and we *loved* it. You'd have to dedicate yourself to being a cranky 5th dentist to not enjoy this flick :D

Touche. I shall see it then.:couch:

What's New

6/6/2024
Visit Tickle Experiment for a wide range of clips! Info in the TE box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back