• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Kind of need help with something- and yes, I plan to make a TRPG as well

Deathblackshade

TMF Novice
Well, what the title says.

I am using RPG Maker VX Ace and slowly been scheming up a game that has been tossed many times into the bucket due to bad scripting, too much of a strict plot, blah, blah, blah. Hell I wouldn't say it's fully complete since the game is quite long and I am planning to place a ton of quest lines and other goodies into the game. And by goodies, I mean pictures I plan to draw once (I actually get the chance to) and somewhat lengthy vivid tickling scenes.

But I digress. What I need help is with the commands or the programming to make cut scenes after losing a battle. Like a random map encountered enemy.

I know how to program a on-the-map creature into a cut scene, but when I try to do a random map monster cut scene, I tend to get the game over screen. And its quite frustrating to figure this out. Unless it was quite simple and my brain could not compute.

Any help from any other tickling game makers is greatly appreciated.

In the future, I might post a thread about the game and what it's all about. I'll just leave a hint and say it has to do with my blood elf.

Well... I think you should just see how the other creators do it.

Use a program like "RGSSAD - RGSS2A - RGSS3A Decrypter"(You should be able to find some way to download it by google), download one of the games that feature cutscenes like the ones you want to make(Make sure it's in VX Ace though, since you obviously need proper RPG Maker to open a game made in it), extract the files from it and then open it in VX Ace using a project file(The decrypter should be able to make project file on it's own).

At least that's the way I am trying to learn how to make games in RPG Maker, and for me it works much better than looking for tutorials for every single damned thing XD

Ah, alright. Thanks for the heads up. Took me a while to do it. Hopefully I can figure out what I need to do now. Haha.

Edit: I'm still stuck on how to do it. I got a feeling its due to the dang game over command after a random battle, but I don't know what to place for it. Also I think my head exploded after encrypting some games... the amount of variables used. And tons of condition branches, I got lost in glancing at them.

Last edited:
Well, do you want Game Over to appear after the scene? Then just put it at the end. And if you want instead the main character to be returned to some safe city, then just don't put Game Over there, instead just give it transport hero command after the scene.

Hope that's helpful...

Yeah. After the cutscene, it's suppose to be game over. But I tried to make the cutscene end once the hero gets 0 hp, it should go right to the cutscene, BUT it doesn't. It just goes straight to the game over screen. I know Cackling Caves, Who Hunts Monsters, and Tower of Gargalesis have the ability to play a cutscene before the game over scene. Most likely I'll bug them about it. Or it might be due to the scripts I have that prevents me from easily starting a cutscene before the ending.

I might bother the makers of said games.

Although with your input about the encoding, it still helped me with seeing how some makers created some games.

Well, Tower of Gargalesis does it by having all game over scenes as a common event, with a variable dependant of fought monster to which you lost deciding which text appears... and the actual game over appears at the end of each of those texts.

Here's an image of it: https://gyazo.com/429275fe0f28455eabf0ed490e70239b

Hope that helps

Alright that sort of helped me. Just need to figure out how he activated the variable. Is it placed in the troop command? Like the control variable [0002: Game Over] ==0 is on once the actor hits 0 hp or something.

Apparently I could not encrypt the Tower of Gargalesis because I have a very old version of it (which is quite hard and grind heavy to play through).

CommonEvents are a good way to store scenes and anything you call from multiple places.

If you make the scenes CommonEvents, you can later have some kind of secret area for players, or for developer debugging, to let you re-read/test scenes in the engine.

Right. I plan to use a good amount of common events since I will be recalling a lot of old scenes.

Edit: I was able to use a script to perform these game over action cutscenes. Thanks for the help once dark.

Last edited:
What's New

5/30/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back