• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Liberal Media MYTH

Actually I only made one thread..............it seems to have reproduced itself..........very strange, wheres spock when you need him. :wow:

ShiningIce said:
Actually I only made one thread..............it seems to have reproduced itself..........very strange, wheres spock when you need him. :wow:

Fortunately he too has split into the totally human half and Vulcan half to investigate the anomaly of the split thread...may have something to do with the "split dimension" discussed in the "stupid question thread.

ahhh....it appears as if the "anomaly" has been "taken care of"...

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread for which I have no comment at this time.....

Ven:rolleyes:

Yep. . .

ShiningIce said:

Krokus you should say all of this to YOURSELF when you look in the mirror...........I mean your perception of the world is so biased its not even funny so I dont take your claims seriously. No its not I'm right and everyone else is wrong, because that would mean that Im the only liberal on the planet. Which I'm not. And why has my post been split in two???? :confused:

If you don't take my opinion seriously, then why did you reply to me? My perception of the world is just that, MY perception. How so many people can be so blinded by ignorance is beyond me.

So actually in a way we're agreeing to the fact that if someone doesnt share your perception they are blind . This is an enigma an alliance of disagreement.........Once again I wish Spock were here.

You got it.

Yep. Thats pretty much it. Your in the same position. If someone doesn't agree with your opinion, they are "blind to the truth" or "ignorant"...So don't give me that hypocrite bullshit.

venray1 said:
I believe that is a myth AMK...No one would post the same thing twice

I believe that is a myth AMK...No one would post the same thing twice

Ven

You just dispelled that myth, Ven.

You just dispelled that myth, Ven.

I sound like a recording.

I sound like a recording.

:D

:D

For what my opinion on politics is worth (and I know there are a lot of you who regard me as a figure of fun in this topic) it is a bad thing to be either left or right. Sooner or later if you go too far either way, you finish off at exactly the same place you started.

Example #1 Adolf Hitler, the prime example of the far, far, far right. He was into military dictatorship, centralised state control and concentration camps for anyone who genetically offended or disagreed with him.

Example #2 Josef Stalin, the prime example of the far, far, far left. He was into military dictatorship, centralised state control, and concentration camps for anyone who genetically offended or disagreed with him.

These two turds of the political scene are regarded as being the diametric opposite in political alignment, symbolised as their being opposed to each other during World War Two. All they were was the same doctrine with a different uniform, different flag and different name on the door of the office. I would rather have died than lived under the regime of either of them.

That is why I am so disgusted with the current setup of so called "democracy" that our governments espouse. It attempts to pigeon-hole us into one camp or the other. It attempts to divide us down the middle, when what we really need is a delicate balance between the two. Not a one party state you understand, but a no party state. If communism and fascism were truly opposites then one would have refused to fight the other. They weren't opposites at all, they were oppo-sames. It's the same with division by religion. Every major religion today emanated from the same region of the Middle and Near East. (Including Hinduism, which migrated eastwards into the Indus Valley from the lands of Sumer and Babylon.)

All these prisons of the mind and emotions have ever done, is make the people who follow them fear and fight the ones on the "other side". If they stopped for a damn minute and thought about themselves and each other, they'd see just how similar they all were. Again, they are attempting to commit people to one side of a spectrum instead of allowing them true spiritual freedom and meeting in the middle, as brothers and sisters of the same Maker. It is so crucially the same with politics and if we are ever going to realise peace on earth and goodwill to all, we have GOT to wake the hell up and realise that no philosophy is a complete jigsaw.

Pigeon holing is a big part of the problem I think BigJim. I take each issue separately and evaluate it. So on many issues I would be seen as conservative but there are some on which I would be seen as liberal. I don't really care what labels people assign to me.

A problem also arises when people take all their points of view from a particular party without actually bothering to learn what those points of view entail. Its OK to be against nuclear power but shouldn't you at least have some knowledge of how a nuclear power plant works. If people took the time to think about each issue or each political canditate instead of blindly voting democratic or republican things would be a lot better. If you think about these things and end up being conservative or liberal I don't think you'll end up as a Stalin or a Hitler.

kurchatovium said:
Pigeon holing is a big part of the problem I think BigJim. I take each issue separately and evaluate it. So on many issues I would be seen as conservative but there are some on which I would be seen as liberal. I don't really care what labels people assign to me.

A problem also arises when people take all their points of view from a particular party without actually bothering to learn what those points of view entail. Its OK to be against nuclear power but shouldn't you at least have some knowledge of how a nuclear power plant works. If people took the time to think about each issue or each political canditate instead of blindly voting democratic or republican things would be a lot better. If you think about these things and end up being conservative or liberal I don't think you'll end up as a Stalin or a Hitler.

Interesting point Kurch, and a refreshing one. My first thoughts on this came when I was trying to decide who I'd vote for out of Bush and Gore if someone had a gun to my head. There was really nothing to choose for when you come down to it. I'm pro chioce and anti capital punishment so unless I could vote for both I was buggered. Bush was a ass of contradictions. He was pro capital punishment and anti abortion. So while he was Governor of Texas he was slaughtering people left right and centre, (a significant number of whom had huge doubts about either their guilt or their degree of guilt) but was against using abortion 100% as an instrument of familly planning. Gore was the exact opposite in his view. :confused:

That is why I feel so sick when I see TV programs like that Episode of BH 90210 when some guy or other had made a minor invention and his girlfriend was telling him how proud she was. "Oh it's nothing major" he said."Truly great inventions are things like democracy!" Excuse me? Democracy in both our countries is a rigged game where you get to choose the puppet of your choice ever four or five years and have no say in-between. It was blatant glorification of a system that is supposed to be wonderful but is no more beneficial than a king or emperor. It's provable that presidents aren't elected by ballot, but selected by blood and if that's wonderful then someone pass me the bucket.

I also remember seeing an episode of some cartoon where a young boy, a robot and some ard-ass soldier type go through time to fix things. Hearing someone make a derogatory remark about Thomas Jefferson, the boy squeaked with all the indignation of a born robot radical, "That isn't true! Thomas Jefferson was one of the greatest presidents of our country ever!" The fact that the guy was an exploiter and a slacve owner never entered the equation. It was no different from somene telling a member of the Hitler youth that good old Adolph was the greatest thing that had ever happened to Germany. History is very selective and pigeon-holing and programming doesn't begin with reading newspapers and watching the news, it's drilled into the unsuspecting heads of our young from the moment they're old enough to digest information.

The system we both have is not fair. It is not representative. It is not just. It is full of holes and is a perfect vehicle for covert control.

kurchatovium said:
If you think about these things and end up being conservative or liberal I don't think you'll end up as a Stalin or a Hitler.

I hope so Kurch, I really do. It's a relief to see that people do think about these things and make an effort to keep the minds un brain-washed.

No form of goverment is perfect and there will never be a perfect goverment. We just have to make do with the best ones that we have now and I think democracy will always be right up there.

kurchatovium said:
No form of goverment is perfect and there will never be a perfect goverment. We just have to make do with the best ones that we have now and I think democracy will always be right up there.

I must agree with :atom:. We're all human and we all make mistakes. Yes, governments often screw their citizens over. But if we the people keep them in check by voting, participating in the community, protesting any wrongdoing, and speaking out whenever we must, then democracy--or what's left of it--will never die! Sorry to sound like a campaigning politician. :D

P.S. Please vote next month. If you do, I'll send you a dollar! :p

Liberal v.s. Conservative, The Left v.s. The Right, Democrat v.s. Republican, The poor v.s. The rich, The current State of the World! Our future looks real encouraging!

R. Davis said:
Liberal v.s. Conservative, The Left v.s. The Right, Democrat v.s. Republican, The poor v.s. The rich, The current State of the World! Our future looks real encouraging!

That's why I'm a moderate middle-class independent! :D

I never said democracy was bad or corrupt in principle guys, just that OUR democracy was. It's a rigged game with no way of sorting out anything fair and truly representative of what the people want or need. At the moment it's just as fair as any other type of dictatorship.

Whether or not the game is rigged, it's the only game in town. And there ARE differences between the parties - Jim named just two, abortion and capital punishment. Your vote does count. If you don't use it, don't whine about the outcome afterward.

Strelnikov

Strelnikov said:
Whether or not the game is rigged, it's the only game in town. And there ARE differences between the parties - Jim named just two, abortion and capital punishment. Your vote does count. If you don't use it, don't whine about the outcome afterward.

Strelnikov

Right on, Strel! But don't both parties support capital punishment?

I don't know that the Democrats have officially taken a position. But most death penalty opponents* are liberals, and nearly all of those are Democrats.

Strelnikov

*There's a wing of the Pro-Life movement that opposes capital punishment, on the grounds that murder is murder regardless of who does it. They're Republicans or Independents of necessity, since abortion is a litmus-test issue for the Democrat Party.

Strelnikov said:

Strelnikov

My point in mentioning that though, was that neither party supported both views I held. That is why the party system is such a puss-filled zit on the face of freedom. Those were just two examples, but if you give me a few hours and a 40,000 word post I could say exactly why it would have been pointless for me or most people to vote either way at the election. No matter who I vote for, it'll only elect a clone who's got a puppet master's arm up his arse, dictating the real power.

BigJim said:

My point in mentioning that though, was that neither party supported both views I held. That is why the party system is such a puss-filled zit on the face of freedom. Those were just two examples, but if you give me a few hours and a 40,000 word post I could say exactly why it would have been pointless for me or most people to vote either way at the election. No matter who I vote for, it'll only elect a clone who's got a puppet master's arm up his arse, dictating the real power.

Jim, you're pro-choice and anti-capital punishment, right? Then the Green Party's for you! (I'm not a Green, but the party's platform is interesting.) Unfortunately, they'll probably never win an election. :( But I agree with your position on those issues. :)

amk714 said:

Jim, you're pro-choice and anti-capital punishment, right? Then the Green Party's for you! (I'm not a Green, but the party's platform is interesting.) Unfortunately, they'll probably never win an election. :( But I agree with your position on those issues. :)

There's also a Green Party in the UK too. And also in the UK they have less chance of winning an election than Lennox Lewis has of beating that Klitchko bloke. (You know? The one who reminds us all of Ivan Drago from Rocky IV.)

Even though the UK version started out seeming to be fresh and alternative, they're just the same underneath. No money backing them sufficiently to raise a cause and therefore no chance. Money rules politics because the people with the dosh choose who they're going to back. The people with the dosh also happen to be members of all those bloody organisations like the Bilderberg Group, Trilateral Commision, Council On Foreign Relations and Royal Institute For International affairs that all the "leading" politicians are. That's why a different administration makes no damn difference whatsoever. The different faces of Bush and Clinton were all locked into the same organisations run by the same people.

Weird.........I suddenly have this intense feeling of deja vu.......:rolleyes:

What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back