• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Low self esteem

fordtech30

TMF Expert
Has anyone ever fought with feelings of low self esteem?

I have found myself fighting this battle off and on for many years. It's something that has kept me from doing things I have wanted to do. Or does anyone have any stories about how they have overcome it?

I use to have very low self esteem but ive dealt with it by just getting to that point where i just dont care anymore about that trivial stuff. Now im enjoying life to the fullest that i can.

Has anyone ever fought with feelings of low self esteem?

I have found myself fighting this battle off and on for many years. It's something that has kept me from doing things I have wanted to do. Or does anyone have any stories about how they have overcome it?

I deal with it on a regular basis. However I have found that surrounding yourself with positive upbeat people can help change your perseption and make all the difference in the world! ... Being around negative people does nothing but help to draw attention to it.

Everyone, at some point, to some degree will have. Even if only for half a second. I probably do. I just don't notice.

I have low self esteem about several aspects of myself. Physcially, mentally, socially, and prolly a few others I'm forgetting. I figure, a person either has to improve themselves to the point where they can be happy with themself, or accept yourself the way you are. Or do both...

Absolutely.

This sounds really lame, but I once made a list. On it, I listed:

- What I really like about myself
- What makes me happiest
- What makes me feel like a good person
- What makes me feel like a bad person
- What I am really afraid of
- What I can realistically change myself mentally
- What I can realistically change myself physically
- What I can realistically change about myself emotionally

I look back at it every so often and update it when necessary. It's helped. I found it useful to have reminders of where I'd like to be going as a person, absent of career and life choices. Focusing on improving my own emotional state concretely allowed me to stop beating myself up and work on improvement.

If you don't believe that you are worthy of love, friendship, etc., it's hard to convince others. Focus on the positive and set concrete things you'd like to fix.

I think we have all been there.

When I'm feeling a bit blue, I try to do things that make me happier and that I really enjoy. That way I'm not thinking so much about the things that make me feel lame about myself.

we all do at some point in our lives. for some it may be worst than others.

I personally have very low self esteem and I deal it with everyday.
Is it easy to overcome Hell NO but it can be done and in those time
I have found that:

It helps to surround yourself around positive people.
To realize that peace comes from within.
To constantly remind yourself of your good qualities
To take small risks to increase how you feel about yourself.
To "Act as if. you do like yourself. (it may feel weird at first but trust me it does work)

Be good to yourself! :)

i used to have very low self-esteem when i was a young teenager...mine borderlined self-loathing. fortunately, with time, i've learned to love myself. as cheesy as that sounds, it's true. i began believing the people i loved and cared about when they told me what a great person i was, and stopped sweating the small stuff. some people are able to overcome it easier than others. take comfort in the fact that it can be done, and be sure you have lots of emotional support :)

Indeed. It's not as bad as it used to be, but I still fight that battle on occasion. People that don't have it don't realize this, but you're right, it really can hold you back from things you'd like to do.

The core of low self esteem is the statement of saying to yourself..."I am not good enough or worthy."

The problem is that it causes you to see this in everything you do or everyone you meet without actually knowing if its true.

When dealing with people..Your standards of yourself may not be low but the standards of others may be high. That includes how you view them or they view themselves. Everyone has flaws, some just hide it better then others.

There are always going to be people out there who think they are better and it isn't worth your time proving them wrong. Focus on yourself. As some have said either accept it or change it. The decision is yours. Both can be equally hard to do but which one depends on how you feel about it.

Everyone wants to be liked for who they are but that is not how this world revolves around. (I always thought is was funny that computer geniuses in the Matrix were all hot or handsome) :matrix:

When dealing with things in your life..either be willing to learn or not, but don't think its beyond you...it just may take longer.

Confidence is willing to look like a fool or stupid and not caring what others think about it. Believe it or not but once you are willing to show your flaws..you'll find you don't have as many as you think you have and you may find you have something in common with someone else.

What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back