• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Makoto (Street Fighter) */F

Umojar

TMF Master
I wanted to do one of Makoto, but I wasn't actually planning on following through until someone requested it in the other thread for Ibuki I made. I used Twelve because he/it allows for so many more possibilities than using another person. I think I tried to make her somewhat cuter also, because in all the art I see of her, she looks very... well, mediocre to unattractive. Anyway, enough talk, here it is.

Constructive criticism is always helpful, so let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• makoto.jpg
    makoto.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 1,712
The only thing that I could find wrong was that the individual teeth aren't drawn which noone actually cares about.
Totally kick-ass drawing man.

noneya said:
The only thing that I could find wrong was that the individual teeth aren't drawn which noone actually cares about.
Totally kick-ass drawing man.

Actually, in anime at least, you can get away with simply drawing a line to seperate the upper and lower set of teeth. It doesn't even have to be a full line.

As a matter of fact, how you draw the line can give the character an added charm and cuteness factor, and may even give them a more masculine or feminine feel.

You would only ever need to draw each individual tooth in the emphasis was on the mouth, it was a realistic painting like my Andrea Corr one (each tooth is there) or you just wanted to be as detailed as possible.

Since anime is the x-factor in alot of styles, it leaves the artist with alot of subtle choices.

Anyways, great job. I really like her expression. It looks like she's trying not to give it the satisfaction of a laugh and is trying to keep her composure or tough tough exterior. I've drawn pictures like that and have seen others do the same, and it almost always works perfectly with the right characters.

The lineart is above par and the color job is simple but very effective. You really deserve the acclaim I gave you before. I know superior talent when I see it. You will definitely be someone whom other anime artists look up to, over time, with or without tickling themes. :)

Makoto! <3
One of my favorite SF girls tickled, I can't help but love it. XD Groovy work!

Thanks a lot Vlad. You're basically right about why I didn't draw the teeth. Small details like that are hard to do with a mouse. I'm still saving for a tablet. It'd be awesome to actually get somewhere in anime/manga. How important do you think it'd be to learn japanese?

@Midnighter3000- lol, thanks. I haven't heard the word groovy in a while.

awesome!!! :D the world needs more makoto art :D

lonelykimiko said:
Very cute :D . I really love your work!

And I love that you love it! XD

@bb9- I agree. That's why I drew her.

Umojar said:
Thanks a lot Vlad. You're basically right about why I didn't draw the teeth. Small details like that are hard to do with a mouse. I'm still saving for a tablet. It'd be awesome to actually get somewhere in anime/manga. How important do you think it'd be to learn japanese?

It's not important or necessary at all if it's going to be in english. Furthermore to that, if the characters themselves are not japanese, the story doesn't take place in Japan, and theres little to no japanese influence at all, then remembering key phrases, japanese names, etc, won't be necessary either.

Alot of american artists seem to be under the impression that if you draw anime you have to make the characters japanese, as if that was some rule. That you have to make it about Japan, have them do things the japanese way, observe japanese traditions, etc. Likewise, many assume when someone draws a manga-style character that the character is japanese or asian. It is merely a style and anyone can put whatever they want into it, including any ethnicity or language.

Conscientious artists inparticular create styles where ethnicity shows in the character designs, despite the manga-style and they endeavor to bring some ammount of ethnic realism into a character. I've noticed that artists who can do this often have characters who are more well liked, accepted, and remembered.

Even professionally you wouldn't have to learn any japanese unless you'd be naming persons, places, and things that are japanese or making references to them. Since I doubt you meant you want to work in a japanese manga studio (trust me, you don't want to do that) being an american artist in an american studio or company (either of your own creation or an existing one) will just make things easier in that regard too, since you're working with other americans and speaking english.

Also, some people aren't even a part of a studio or company and work out of their home. That's an option too.

Last edited:
excellent job. the dirty soles is a nice touch. don't suppose you could do Cammy could ya? don't who all these new characters are, i'm strictly old school.

@Vlad- that is a good point. What you say seems like it should be obvious, but it never occured to me. I never even considered working from home. How does that usually turn out though. Is it good to go that route?

@BigNorm- We'll just have to see. I've never been much of a Cammy fan. But much of the work I do to post here is spur of the moment, so it's still possible. Just keep a look out.

thanks, man. your the coolest, don't let anyone tell you otherwise ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

One EXCELLENT drawing Umojar and Makoto is one good victim to one ticklig drawing. Not exsit much art of Makoto in the tickling art work... Good idea my friend ...Very Good idea... OH YEA...One new drawing to my personal collection of my favorite art (SNK and Capcom girls tickled)...Thanks Umojar by this post...The best to you and the best to all people in Tickle Theater.

http://groups.msn.com/FalconTkAnimeticklingplace

Your MSN place and my MSN place is

Falcon Tk said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

One EXCELLENT drawing Umojar and Makoto is one good victim to one ticklig drawing. Not exsit much art of Makoto in the tickling art work... Good idea my friend ...Very Good idea... OH YEA...One new drawing to my personal collection of my favorite art (SNK and Capcom girls tickled)...Thanks Umojar by this post...The best to you and the best to all people in Tickle Theater.

http://groups.msn.com/FalconTkAnimeticklingplace

Your MSN place and my MSN place is
That seems to be my going theme. I want to draw a few of the SNK girls too. I gotta finish my SF thing though.

Umojar said:
@Vlad- that is a good point. What you say seems like it should be obvious, but it never occured to me. I never even considered working from home. How does that usually turn out though. Is it good to go that route?

I thought I was the only one who used "@" to direct a comment "at" the person it was directed at. It's a clever way of talking to someone specifically without wanting to have to quote them.

If you're going to do what I do though, I'd suggest putting that part in bold type so it stands out and the person it was directed to will be more likely to see it right away. Although, this may not be necessary if you're not addressing multiple people in the same post.

@ Umojar-, for example.

Anyways, how it turns out depends on your success, your income, your time, and whether you can afford to make this a full-time job. Obviously most people start doing this in their free-time and it may be a good idea to offer your first work for free so that people get to know you and you will get a sense of whether or not people accept you or your work and would be willing to pay for it. If you get a good reception and good and enough feedback, it's a good sign that maybe you should make this your career and start charging.

You are more likely to have job security and perhaps even benefits with a company, though. So somewhere in the middle being a part of a company helps alot of comic and manga artists out and helps them get experience they wouldn't be getting working for themselves. It also helps fund their own projects.

Although, if you work for a company, you draw what they want you to. So your personal projects will either be put on hold or will have to be done in your freetime.

Overall, though, it is quite common for artists to join a company, get their work known through the company, and then release their own material during and after. You have the momentum of a company backing and encouraging you, and the fianancial resources to help.

On the other hand though, it can be very difficult to get into the business. So, it does help to have a portfolio, to help you get the job in the first place.

Really, it depends on what you want to do with your work and whether you want to be making money off of it or not. You don't have to work for a company to make a successful manga thats earning you money.

With e-comics on the rise, this is a virtually cost-free way of getting your work out there and making money without the middle man and without having to print the comics and reserve an inventory.

Since e-pictures can be saved at near perfect resolution qualities, or if they are made completely digitally, you only really need to have one copy of an issue and a backup(s). From that one carbon copy, unlimited ammounts of copies can be made for the customers who would buy them. Supply and demand is not an issue with e-comics.

This is common sense when you think about it, but very few artists take their own art seriously enough to even begin to consider this.

Last edited:
ahaha thinking only person to do that go back to teenchat forums you

I've never actually been to a "teenchat forum", so I remain thankfully ignorant of it. It sounds like a place I wouldn't be able to tolerate! :D

Very nicely done! I tried to look for problems, but anything that I may have the tiniest issue with is negligible. I'm not trying to feed your pride as having too much can counter productive, but your work kicks 4$$! Keep it up!

Umojar said:
That seems to be my going theme. I want to draw a few of the SNK girls too. I gotta finish my SF thing though.

Athena? Mai?! Leona?!?! :D

Wha?! How could you guys not mention Vanessa?! She owns them all!

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back