• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Mimi and the now defunct GLAT gathering

HeBeGeeBee

TMF Expert
I haven't seen much discussion on this since BigJim sent a message a few weeks ago saying the gathering would be cancelled. I see everyone wishing her a happy birthday (by the way, I do, too). Just wondering what happened, since she personally has made no statement regarding the cancelled event (only BJ has mentioned it...which seems a bit odd)...and she has not responded to a couple of personal e-mails I sent to her. I'm hoping everything's alright. While I am now out $15.00, it's not so much the money (I actually planned on re-couping my investment from my wager with BJ)...but I'm wondering what really happened. Maybe I'm the only one...or maybe I should tune in to Paul Harvey for "The Rest of the Story"...

Last edited:
I am around, and I am sorry for thus far not addressing the issue personally. BigJim made the announcement on my behalf, as a friendly gesture, given he had first hand intimate knowledge of what was going on in my life (and still currently is).

There were two deciding factors in my decision to temporarily cancel the GLAT gathering. The first being a barrage of personal conflicts and real life dilemmas. Those I will not go into here. The second reason being lack of interest and confirmations.

I made a preliminary announcement months ago about the possibility of a gathering in Wisconsin Dells. The reason I did so was to see how high the interest would be for such an event, and I could make my hosting decision from there. If hardly anyone was interested, I would not do it at all. If more then a handful were interested, I would consider hosting a low scale gathering. However, in my case, within the first 2 weeks of the preliminary announcement, I had 45 emails from folks telling me they would love to attend such an event, and that I could count them in if I decided to go forward with it.

Based on the overwhelming amount of enthusiasm and interest displayed, I decided to go ahead and host on a larger scale. I choose a location that would offer us seclusion and privacy, yet total comfort and plenty of space. It was a very pricey route to go, But I figured if even half the folks who had originally displayed interest in the gathering, actually attended, then at least half my expenses would be covered, and I could deal with that.

What happened instead was nearly every single one of those 45 people who had originally expressed interest, up and vanished, never to be heard from again. I had a few who at least emailed me to tell me things had not worked out on their end, and they would have to pass, but I never heard from the majority of them again.

With 2 weeks left to the confirmation deadline, I had 5 people confirm, 2 of which who backed out. That left me with $300 already invested, another $500 YET to be invested, and 3 people who I could count on attending. The only logical solution for me was to cancel the gathering at this time, and plan to reschedule it a little later down the road, with the hopes of getting more folks involved this time around before setting the plans in stone.

I am sorry to those 3 folks who DID come through for me (you know who you are, and HeBeGeeBee, you are one of them). I feel awful about having to back out on the ones who remained interested in the gathering. I was just simply left with no other option.

Please forgive me for not stepping onto the pedestal and formally announcing this sooner myself. I needed to take a little time for myself, and deal with my own disappointment, before I could move on to pass it on to others. I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If I had any other option, this gathering would still be happening.

You are not out of your reservation fee. Those few of you who did send your fees can email me at [email protected] with your mailing address, and I will refund your payment to you.

Again, I am sorry.

Mimi

Mimi, Mimi, Mimi...(sorry, just doing my Randy imitation from American Idol)...I'm so glad to hear you're okay and to read your very thorough explanation of what happened. No further details are necessary. My frustration was a result of disappointment, more than anything else. I was certainly looking forward to this event...it sounded like you had put a lot of effort into it to make it a success and you were let down by many people. When the weekend of September 27th rolls around I will be sad for what might have been. As for the money, please keep it to put it towards any expenses you incurred and may have forfeited. Or...you can consider it my downpayment for the NEXT event. :D :D :D

Thank you, HBGB, for your support, patience, and understanding. I appreciate that right now. I DO plan to reschedule GLAT. I am not ready to give up my dream of hosting a gathering this soon. I can't say for sure when yet, but hopefully sometime within the next 6 months or so. I will certainly keep you informed of any new developments.

As for the fee you sent, another one has chosen to do the same thing. I have an account specifically for GLAT, and that is where the fees received were placed. Two have chosen to not mess around with a refund, but rather keep their fee in the account, and be considered prepayed for the rescheduled event. I CAN refund your money to you though, if you wish. It is totally your choice.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Mimi :)

hi mimi

i sent you an e-mail response earlier, but wanted to publicly express my sympathy for your plight (what ever it is). we don't know eachother very well, but i consider you a fine lady, and wish you the best.
please keep me in mind for the re-schedualed party.
one last thing; please tell bug jim to e-mail me his address, so i can send him the tickle video he wanted.
steve

Just a thought...is it possible that the somehwat "remote" location was an issue for some folks? Not that the Dells is in the middle of nowhere (actually, it's on the outskirts of nowhere...:D )

Would a larger city such as Madison or (dare I say Milwaukee...10 minutes from my house) be perceived as more accessible? May be something to consider for the next planned event.

Re: hi mimi

areenactor said:

one last thing; please tell bug jim to e-mail me his address, so i can send him the tickle video he wanted.
steve

Bug Jim? Whossat? :blaugh: Before you do that Steve, how much will it set you back to P&P it?

Meemster dearest, I could'nt let this thread go without dropping you a line and giving you my best wishes. Few people know how much effort a gathering requires to organise, but quite a few of us know of all the efforts you put in to try to make it happen. That it didn't is no reflection on you at all. When GLAT does eventually come off I'm sure it will be the party to end em' all!

Best wishes Meems, and good luck.:wavingguy :grouphug: :dogpile: :smilelove

sorry about the "bug" big jim

i wasn't looking when i hit the wrong key.
the postage is around $5. so do you want it?
e-mail me.
steve

Thanks those of you who have replied for your understanding. I still feel awful about having to cancel it for now, but everyones support and patience is making it go much easier. HBGB, yes, I am INDEED considering a different locale for the reschedule. Right now, Milwaukee is at the top of my list. It would be much more accessible for folks in IL, IN, IO, and so on, and would hopefully attract more folks. It also has an airport, which would be much more accommodating for my East Coast friends (and possible a few West Coast...and lets not forget that big hunk of a brit, too) to attend. I'll start looking into possible locations in a few weeks, and see what we have to work with :)

Thanks again, guys...

Mimi :)

Re: sorry about the "bug" big jim

areenactor said:
i wasn't looking when i hit the wrong key.
the postage is around $5. so do you want it?
e-mail me.
steve

Steve, did you get my e-mail? I have never yet managed to send an e-mail through a TMF link because it always gets returned. Did it work okay?

Mimi said:
Right now, Milwaukee is at the top of my list. It would be much more accessible for folks in IL, IN, IO, and so on, and would hopefully attract more folks. It also has an airport, which would be much more accommodating for my East Coast friends (and possible a few West Coast...and lets not forget that big hunk of a brit, too) to attend.

Not to mention plenty of beer, cheese and brats for those "rest periods". If you have it during football season, we could even have a "tailgate party" Sunday and watch the Packers kick some butt. I would be interested in hearing how many folks would be interested in attending if it were held in MKE (the airport code for Milwaukee, for those of you who would be flying in). BigJim would have no excuse not to show up and lose his wager to me...:D

HeBeGeeBee said:
BigJim would have no excuse not to show up and lose his wager to me...:D

Am I correct in saying that Milwaukee can be flown to directly from oyutside of the US? When it was in he dells, I had to book a flight to Chicago and then get an internal to Madison. If I could fly right there it would be great.

And HBGB..............dude, YOU ARE GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA...........:devil: :devil: :devil:

Milwaukee's airport has an international terminal, so I would assume that would be possible. But since I've never had the urge to visit the Royal Family, have tea and crumpets or drink warm beer, I've never checked on flights to or from England.

Nuthin wrong with warm beer! You can drink it faster and thus get drunk faster! :D:D:D (Important to a young single guy like me, dunno about old married farts like you mate. :dogpile: )

Milwaukee would be great!

Milwaukee would be great and I would love to attend. I've been out of pocket for a while and just caught wind of this gathering. I'm within an hour of Milwaukee.

Well, I have been looking into possible hosting grounds in Milwaukee, and to be honest, I haven't found anything suitable at all yet. I will continue my search, but it MAY come down to picking a hotel and all of us booking in at the same place. We won't be able to do as many large group sessions, but at least we could all get together and hang out and play for a weekend. Would anyone be horribly opposed to such a possibility?

Mimi

That sounds like a very good idea Meems. It might not be as grand sounding as hiring two cottages down by the lake, but what the hell! Small moves Meemster. Small moves.

I'd offer the use of my place, but I just checked the condo by-laws and they say...and I quote, under Section 5, Sub-section 42, paragraph 96..."No Tickle Gatherings will be permitted". (Damn condo bylaws, I really need to get out of here!). Besides, I can hear when my neighbor sneezes...I can only imagine what they would be hearing on the other side of the wall. Whatever plan you can come up with, count me in! I'll also put my thinking cap on to think of a possible location. (If we wait until after baseball season, I hear they're planning on renting Miller Park for large events. Except we'd have to pick a sunny day, to avoid that damn leaky roof).

Door 44 Productions
What's New

6/17/2024
Visit Door 44 Productions for ticklign clips! Details in the D44 box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back