• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

MSN messenger connection speed

Red_Butler

TMF Regular
Since a few weeks I have a new and faster internet connection, and with it came a new router.
Since that time sending files to and receiving them from my girlfriend is super slow. With her neighbor, who is on the same router as my girlfriend, I suffer the same problem. Also the webcam connection is very slow with bad quality.

I can exchange files with all other persons from my contact list with high speed.
My girlfriend is also able to exchange files with high speed with all of her other contacts.

I opened all the necessary ports on my router, but it didn't help. Also turning off the firewall of my router didn't bring anything.

One would think that if a firewall would be the cause, there would not be any connection at all. There is a connection, but it is very, very slow.
So why just between me an my girlfriend's computer?

I use MSN messenger 7.0 on Windows 2000, my girlfriend uses MSN messenger 7.5 on Windows XP, but that shouldn't be the cause, because I have fast connections with other 7.5 / XP users.

My router is a Davolink DV-201AMR. I don't know what kind of router my girlfriend has.

Can anybody help me to find a solution?

Red Butler

I'll be looking into this problem for you when I get home from work tonight :) . THe only thing I can think of off hand is that the firewall ports are closed. I know you say they are open, but as I recall msn uses some fancy system that dynamically chooses ports to send its messages.

What's New

6/17/2024
Visit Door 44 Productions for ticklign clips! Details in the D44 box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back