• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

New Edition Of 'Huckleberry Finn' Will Eliminate Offensive Words

The N word offends me worse than any in the English language. I've never used it, and never will.

This is a very difficult subject. While I hate the use of the word, I'm not sure that editing Huck Finn is the answer. Reality is.. movies for generations, until very recently, had use of the "N" word in them all the time. As recently as the 80s and 90s, Eddie Murphy was called the N word many times in his movies, and I'm certain many African American fans of his still went to see the movies, and sat through them, and probably just cringed when they heard the word.

To the poster who mentioned about the N word in rap songs. To the rappers, for whatever reason, I think the use of the N word is an expression of comradery between brothers. African Americans, in certain situations, consider it okay to use the N word amongst themselves, but yet.. its racist when another race does it.

I may have expressed this before. I'm Jewish, but totally not religious. There is a derogatory word for Jews, beginning with the letter K, that was hurled around my family, and used at.. and to describe.. family members.. many times. My grandparents were NOT predjudice against any other race, etc, yet.. to describe Jews they disliked, they would say "Oh.. such and such is a real K", especially if they wanted to insult an in law, etc. To two Jews, using K word is like an inter religlion insult between brothers, but if someone outside the religion calls us a K, that is prejudice. I do confess to having used the K word at.. and to describe.. members of my family. I dont feel such makes me prejudice, because.. they are my brothers.. I can use it toward them, and they can use it toward me. If another Jew wants to call me a K, and they have.. including my mom.. at times.. it rolls off my back. If another religion calls it to me.. that is prejudice. Its just how things are.

Sorry if I went off on a tangent. Back to the original point of the post. My guess is that the intent with editing Huck Finn,.,. was to be with the politically correct times. While there may be some merit in doing such.. what comes next.. editing out lines of old movies or shows that use it? In the 70s, Sherman Hemsley's character in the Jeffersons was called the N word many times, and people still watched the show. My belief is, that while the N word is a hateful word... if they dont edit it out of movies, why edit it out of a book. Accept that its there. Read the literature and take it for what it is, and learn from the past hate. That would seem the most logical solution.

Mitch

If the so called N word is so offensive why do blacks use it so much?... I am thinking the N word is actually more offensive to phony White Liberals then to anybody else?... Hey did you ever see a Barnes and Noble get looted doing a riot???

While there may be some merit in doing such.. what comes next.. editing out lines of old movies or shows that use it?

And yet this kind of censorship happens all the time with most modern films that are publicly broadcast. Many times to an absurdly hilarious result.

Fact is, this stuff has gone on for generations. It just takes the violation such classic art (literary or otherwise) to really stir us up.

Are we going to censor:

images

Blazing%20Saddles%20Widescreen%20Edition.JPG

The funniest movie of all time...?

blazing-saddles.jpg

My favorite line of all time: "Hey, where are the white women at?"

and this?
blazingSaddles.jpg

and white-out the word "Fuck" from Catcher in the Rye?

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back