• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

New President - A historical day

QBWeaver

Verified
In my 5+ decades of living I've seen lots of moments that stand out as those moments in history that I get to share with my grandkids and maybe their children.

The Berlin Wall coming down, the end of the cold war, computers being used as a normal communication tool, cell phones, Color TV, a movie star being elected President, the Kennedy assasination, the release of the Tehran hostages, The Challenger loss, Katrina, the '89 quake in San Francisco, the Gulf War are just a few moments that stand out.

Today, unlike most other inaugurations, will be one of those days that will be a highlight in all our lives whether you are a Democrat or a Republican or an Independent. Excitement is in the air with this inauguration. The US is about to inaugurate it's first black president which is a huge step into what this great country is all about.

I saw President Kennedy's inauguration. I remember well his statement "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country". Those words rang loud and clear for every American.

I watched the civil rights movement through it's most difficult moments. My husband was in Watts during the Watts riots helping to maintain the peace there. I watched this country mourn when Reverend King was assassinated. Today is just touching the surface of the dream Reverend King had not just for blacks but for every man, woman and child in this country.

Please take note of every moment today. Write down your thoughts. Keep them close so years down the road you can share those thoughts and feelings with your children and their children.

As I have always done. I will pray today. I will pray that God protects our President in all he has to do in his new job. I will pray for our nation that we can grow and learn together and that this nation of ours will continue to be a guiding force across all nations in the search for democracy, peace and freedom.

God Bless America! And God Bless You!

What's New

6/15/2024
If you need to report a post the report button is on its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back