• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NHL anyone?

As a Bostonian, you're no doubt ecstatic about the Bruins.

Unfortuneately, Sid the Kid, Geno Malkin and my Pens are wavering at a horrible time.

Word is Vinny Lecavalier will be traded... Le Habitants are interested...

*sigh*

I just want the Pens to bring the Cup back to Burgh!

Not looking good right now.

Yeah the Habs wouldn't comment on the rumors. The B's have been floated out there as a destination for Vinny but I don't see it happening. Boston has the trading chips, but it's take something big like Lucic and Krejci and then you need to pay him for the next 11 years in a belt-tightening salary cap league. The B's have great chemistry and are built around guys under 25, I'd rather not see them mess that up.

The big question is, would adding Lacavalier make the Habs even with the B's?

Well my favorite team plays in the Swedish tier 2, but yes I follow the NHL as well. I have a lot of teams that I like but my favorite one would be the Caps. I'm a huge fan of Ovechkin, and I really like Mike Green. I've developed a sort of "hate-love" for Backstrom as well, but I've never really liked him in the past...

Anyways, other teams that I follow are Detroit, Toronto, NY Rangers (Mostly because of Lundy) and, more recently, the Blues (solely because of Berglund, I think he's awesome). I keep an eye on Dallas as well, when I have the chance, but they're not really one of my favorites.

I also hate Vancouver. lol

I'm more for international hockey than the NHL though, nothing beats Tre Kronor! :aww:

First and foremost I have been hockey fan since I was a fetus; I have played many levels of hockey up to Junior A. My brother actually played for the Utica Devils, who were the New Jersey Devils farm team years back. Hockey is still in my life today; unfortunately, I am a New York Islanders fan. :(

Miller = overrated...perhaps more so than DiPietro.

Depends how high you rate him in the first place.

If your thinking is that he is considered by others to be an "elite" goaltender , then that definitely lends itself to the argument that he is , indeed , overrated.

So instead of dumping on him for what he isn't , I choose to accept him for what he is ... which is a mostly-good-to-sometimes-great-goalie , who at times , can stand on his head & steal games for his team.

'Course , that same description can be used for many a goaltender in the NHL these days.

Well speaking of the Sabres goaltending... I wouldn't worry if I were you, you guys have a potential franchise goalie in Jhonas Enroth. I'm saying potential because he has a VERY high ceiling (being compared to Lundqvist) but I personally doubt he will ever reach that level. He will be a clear-cut starter for Buffalo in just a year or two, though. He could be on the team right now IMO.

Yeah the Habs wouldn't comment on the rumors. The B's have been floated out there as a destination for Vinny but I don't see it happening. Boston has the trading chips, but it's take something big like Lucic and Krejci and then you need to pay him for the next 11 years in a belt-tightening salary cap league. The B's have great chemistry and are built around guys under 25, I'd rather not see them mess that up.

The big question is, would adding Lacavalier make the Habs even with the B's?

The B's are young and talented, and perhaps I don't watch them enough, but I'm not buying them.

How many times have they choked in the playoffs since... like the last 20 years?

The Habs scare the $h!te out of me.

If their goalie (Carey Price I think) gets on a hot streak, it's all over, IMO.

Espescially if they add Vinny LC.

As for the Pens... WTF?!

The B's are young and talented, and perhaps I don't watch them enough, but I'm not buying them.

How many times have they choked in the playoffs since... like the last 20 years?

The Habs scare the $h!te out of me.

If their goalie (Carey Price I think) gets on a hot streak, it's all over, IMO.

Espescially if they add Vinny LC.

As for the Pens... WTF?!

No question their recent post-season...or I guess not so recent since we're going back to 1972...post-season history has been less than stellar, but they have handed it to the Habs twice, last time with one line that was physically capable of scoring a goal.

This is a different team than the last B's squad to be a top seed, they're young, hungry, and can win in a number of different ways. It's better than when they used to run through Thorton with him chilling behind the net and running a slow offensive with a defensive trap system that bored the hell out of me.

And if Price scares you, how about 2 of the top 5 goalies in the NHL, because that's what Boston has. Thomas is having a career year and Fernandez has played a step behind but well enough to keep Thomas on his toes. I'd say watch more B's games and see what you think (if you can, not sure how available they are on TV everywhere of course.) I go to every home game and this team just has a different feel to it.

As for teams that scare me in the East, it's a short list...but the Habs are on it...Ovechkin makes the Caps a dangerous team...and I would say Pittsburgh based on personnel but they have been a little disappointing this year and looked awful playing the B's twice over New Year's. Pens fans, what's been up that team this year?

Miller is solid.

DiPietro sucks.

Luongo is king.
TKLMAN, I was just busting on you about Ryan Miller. I know that he had a breakthrough season a few years back and has been a little inconsistent since then.

Serious opinions...
Miller is better than average.

DiPietro is better than average when he isn't nursing his vagina.

Luongo is currently the 5th best goaltender in the NHL.

I would have to say the top five are...
Lundqvist
Brodeur
Osgood
Kiprusoff
Luongo

Currently Tim Thomas and Steve Mason are on fire.

My loyalty to the Blackhawks has been strong my whole life and will never falter.

...the only bad thing is now that they're good I can't just walk up and get tickets to any game I want, the night of....oh well, I'll take it!

ok, sadly but honestly, i am a hockey fan and, yes, i am a kings fan. i have been since i was about 14. ok, go ahead and facepalm, laugh at me, do what you need to do. i'll wait until you're done.

ya done yet? ok. i'll continue. be that as it may that the kings have not done jack shit in the last decade, i still stand with them and support them and are loyal to my kings no matter what. i don't really know how much longer they'll be staying in los angeles and i know we've gone through head coaches and goalies like my wife goes through purses, but that's beside the point.

anyway, i love my kings. i'll never jump on the red wings band wagon, ever. fuck them as far as i'm concerned. and fuck the ducks, too. :D and i think that's it.

And if Price scares you, how about 2 of the top 5 goalies in the NHL, because that's what Boston has. Thomas is having a career year and Fernandez has played a step behind but well enough to keep Thomas on his toes. I'd say watch more B's games and see what you think (if you can, not sure how available they are on TV everywhere of course.) I go to every home game and this team just has a different feel to it.

Do you trust either in the playoffs???

Fernandez has failed in Dallas and Minny.

Off the top of my head, can't think of who in the hell Thomas is. (And does the name Andrew Roycraft ring a bell...?!?!)

Do you honestly expect the B's to go deep with a goalie tandem?

Because that hasn't worked in years.

A Good/great/hot goalie is like a strong Starting pitching, relief and closing corp is Baseball... a neccessity!

B's don't have it, IMO

As for teams that scare me in the East, it's a short list...but the Habs are on it...Ovechkin makes the Caps a dangerous team...and I would say Pittsburgh based on personnel but they have been a little disappointing this year and looked awful playing the B's twice over New Year's. Pens fans, what's been up that team this year?

Caps have no goalie nor enough playoff experience to go deep.

Or they will lose like PIT last year. :doh:

Pens are missing Hossa and the players they traded for him. :doh: :doh: :doh: :facepalm:

Plus they're young.

IF they make the playoffs and MAF gets hot again, they'll be dangerous.

Until then, I'm pissed.

What's New

6/9/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back