• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NHL anyone?

TKLMAN, I was just busting on you about Ryan Miller. I know that he had a breakthrough season a few years back and has been a little inconsistent since then.

Serious opinions...
Miller is better than average.

DiPietro is better than average when he isn't nursing his vagina.

:roflmao:

So. Very. True.

Butterfly goalie my @$$!

Luongo is currently the 5th best goaltender in the NHL.

I would have to say the top five are...
Lundqvist
Brodeur
Osgood
Kiprusoff
Luongo

Currently Tim Thomas and Steve Mason are on fire.

Kiprusoff?!

Maybe 2-3 years ago, but how far has Calgary gotten since their Stanley Cup appeance in 04/5?

Give me Luongo, Nabokov, Broduer as the top 3.

Personally, I HATE Lundqvist (Pens fan) even though he's probably top 7-10.

MAF is top 10.

Miller, too.

Need more time to think of #'s 3-6.

Big hockey fan here, despite living out in the desert. Grew up a Devils fan, but more of a Western Conference guy these days. Except for the Caps, cause I think Ovechkin is all kinds of exciting.

I will admit, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the regular season. Another sport with too many regular season games that can't really compare with the intensity of the playoffs.

Do you trust either in the playoffs???

Fernandez has failed in Dallas and Minny.

Off the top of my head, can't think of who in the hell Thomas is. (And does the name Andrew Roycraft ring a bell...?!?!)

Do you honestly expect the B's to go deep with a goalie tandem?

Because that hasn't worked in years.

A Good/great/hot goalie is like a strong Starting pitching, relief and closing corp is Baseball... a neccessity!

B's don't have it, IMO

While everyone is entitled to his opinion, and I respect yours, I just have to assume you haven't watched any, or many Bruins games this year...otherwise I don't see how any living human being could say the B's don't have good goaltending. Aside from Steve Mason, there's no goalie playing better this season than Tim Thomas (who you've never heard of?!) and Fernandez is easily a top 10 goalie this season.

As someone who has seen every Bruins game, and all of the home games live, believe me the goaltending is not what the Bruins have to worry about, it's whether the injuries to the forward lines will come back to hurt them. If a team lost half it's top 2 defensive lines for the 1st two months of the season and now has 4 of it's top 6 forwards out, you wouldn't expect them to be the best team in hockey...yet, there they be...

While everyone is entitled to his opinion, and I respect yours, I just have to assume you haven't watched any, or many Bruins games this year...otherwise I don't see how any living human being could say the B's don't have good goaltending. Aside from Steve Mason, there's no goalie playing better this season than Tim Thomas (who you've never heard of?!) and Fernandez is easily a top 10 goalie this season.

THANK YOU!!! :trophy:

Since my Islanders are out of it...I will be adopting my father's team temporarily, go Bruins!!!

Give me Luongo, Nabokov, Broduer as the top 3.

Personally, I HATE Lundqvist (Pens fan) even though he's probably top 7-10.

Brodeur... ok, but I don't know... No one makes those insane saves like Lundqvist IMO, he's a real treat to watch, and quite frankly he has probably won half of the games for the Rangers this year...

No offense but putting Lundy at 7-10 is EXTREMELY biased, the NHL doesn't even have that many goalies of the same callibre! It's like saying Crosby or Ovechkin is at the bottom of the top 10 skaters, and as much as I think Crosby is a puny crybaby (ok not really, but it feels good to say that, lol) I gotta admit that the only two players who could possibly challenge him as being number 1 are Ovey and Malkin.

Uh... I agree with you that Nabokov should probably be in the top 5 though, but ahead of Lundqvist??? Come on! I'm not going to rank Lundqvist myself because I admit I'm biased too, but he's probably top 3 in the entire league. IMO it's between him, Brodeur and Luongo, although the latter plays on a very defensive-minded team and probably has some inflated stats from that. (I'm not a stats-whore, lol, just saying)

Someone mentioned Tim Thomas, he's extremely good too, but I'll have to admit I'm not really following the Bruins so I don't know much about him. He hasn't really "wow'ed" me in the few Bruins games I've watched either, but that could very well be coincidental; Even Brodeur and Lundy have mediocre games from time to time, it's bound to happen.

Oh and I just realized I'm going to watch the Caps-Boston game tonight! :D I'll keep an eye on Thomas if he's the starter! :)

Brodeur... ok, but I don't know... No one makes those insane saves like Lundqvist IMO, he's a real treat to watch, and quite frankly he has probably won half of the games for the Rangers this year...

No offense but putting Lundy at 7-10 is EXTREMELY biased, the NHL doesn't even have that many goalies of the same callibre! It's like saying Crosby or Ovechkin is at the bottom of the top 10 skaters, and as much as I think Crosby is a puny crybaby (ok not really, but it feels good to say that, lol) I gotta admit that the only two players who could possibly challenge him as being number 1 are Ovey and Malkin.

Uh... I agree with you that Nabokov should probably be in the top 5 though, but ahead of Lundqvist??? Come on! I'm not going to rank Lundqvist myself because I admit I'm biased too, but he's probably top 3 in the entire league. IMO it's between him, Brodeur and Luongo, although the latter plays on a very defensive-minded team and probably has some inflated stats from that. (I'm not a stats-whore, lol, just saying)

Someone mentioned Tim Thomas, he's extremely good too, but I'll have to admit I'm not really following the Bruins so I don't know much about him. He hasn't really "wow'ed" me in the few Bruins games I've watched either, but that could very well be coincidental; Even Brodeur and Lundy have mediocre games from time to time, it's bound to happen.

Oh and I just realized I'm going to watch the Caps-Boston game tonight! :D I'll keep an eye on Thomas if he's the starter! :)

It's actually tomorrow night and I'm guessing you'll see Fernandez...Thomas has made the last 4 starts while Manny has sat out with what Claude Julien called a "minor issue"...

Quick edit, I just saw you were from Sweeden...shouldn't it still be "tomorrow night" though?...or is it after midnight out there already?

Last edited:
It's actually tomorrow night and I'm guessing you'll see Fernandez...Thomas has made the last 4 starts while Manny has sat out with what Claude Julien called a "minor issue"...

Quick edit, I just saw you were from Sweeden...shouldn't it still be "tomorrow night" though?...or is it after midnight out there already?

Ah... No, sorry, I just assumed it was tonight! :D The caps didn't play last night, so I assumed they would now... lol

Oh well, I'll just have to get my daily hockey-fix in some other way I guess... XD

As someone who has seen every Bruins game, and all of the home games live, believe me the goaltending is not what the Bruins have to worry about, it's whether the injuries to the forward lines will come back to hurt them. If a team lost half it's top 2 defensive lines for the 1st two months of the season and now has 4 of it's top 6 forwards out, you wouldn't expect them to be the best team in hockey...yet, there they be...

I've been to busy working to follow hockey lately. Espescially the B's.

And teams change goalies often.

Thomas is starting to ring a bell, but Fernandez is weak, IMO.

Again, he's failed everywhere else.

The main thing with the B's to me is the playoffs.

Until they prove something to me there, I can't buy them. (As a Pens fan, last year I had a similar feeling with MAF and co.)

There's no doubt that the B's have massive potential, we'll have to wait and see if and when they deliver when it matters.

And damned the Pens this year!!! :doh:

Again, I mentioned that I hate Lundqvist.

And the Rangers.

With a passion.

Perhaps in time I'll learn to repsect him.

Put Lundqvist in a Preds or Lightning jersey and I'd like em. Alas...

Also, Steve Mason is top 10. That's who I couldn't think of.

Vokoun was very good 2-3 years ago, now he's slipping a little.

He's probably still top 10 though...

Maybe Turco... maybe... (probably not though)

I need to invest more time in puck... after football season. :D

Well speaking of the Sabres goaltending... I wouldn't worry if I were you, you guys have a potential franchise goalie in Jhonas Enroth. I'm saying potential because he has a VERY high ceiling (being compared to Lundqvist) but I personally doubt he will ever reach that level. He will be a clear-cut starter for Buffalo in just a year or two, though. He could be on the team right now IMO.

agreed, he's a beast. hopefully our cursed backups can be a thing of the past, though i have yet to give up on patty lalime even though he crashed and burned pretty bad against the hawks. i still have faith!

lets go buffalo!

What's New

6/9/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back