• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

other Grateful Dead fans here?

i was too young to see the real band, but i've seen phil and friends about 15-17 times.

great band. really good folk/americana.

what's your favorite song?

mine: at the moment it's "bertha."

since a couple hours ago i have changed my fave to "shakedown street."

there was a fight at my local pub tonight that started suring the song and it fit so perfectly! when i make my new film (totally amatuer style) i need to choreograph a fight scene to that song.

Im far from a Dead Head indeed. But they really have wrote some wonderful songs over the years they truly have. They could have had many top 40s hits if they choose to go that route. But at the heart they were the quintessential jam band. And unlike jazz player they were either very good or awful depending on the condition and mood of the band members that particular night. I would have paid money to see them 20 years ago.

I love a lot of the Grateful Dead's music but some of it takes a little getting used to. Back in the '80s I had a ton of their albums but I hardly listened to them. So, I got rid of 'em. Then a couple of years ago I bought all of their albums on CD (thanks to the box sets "The Golden Road (1965-1973)" and "Beyond Description (1973-1989)." It was almost like hearing the songs for the first time, and a lot of 'em are fantastic! Like this one, for example:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HDUxPH4LMA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HDUxPH4LMA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
"Box Of Rain"

I'm still pissed off at Jerry Garcia, though, ha ha. The band was supposed to be coming to Phoenix in August of 1995 but Jerry decided to die instead, so I never got to see them perform. Anyway, to answer the original poster's question, yeah, I love the Dead. I'll prove it:

DeadheadFrankie28July2007.jpg

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back