• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Poll Question: Does my art talent intimidate you?

Does my art talent intimidate you?

• Yes, very much so. It's the reason I do not respond to you at all. I worry I'd be wasting your time.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Yes, I do not respond because I doubt I could be helpful. You already know what you're doing.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Yes, and I find it hard to find any flaws so I won't post just to praise.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only make general comments in the hopes they're good enough.

• Yes, but I still post anyway and try my best. If I don't post I try on your next picture.

• Yes, but I do not respond for different reasons (ie-uncomfortable,jealous,etc.)

• Somewhat intimidated. You're good at what you do, but it doesn't influence me.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Sometimes intimidated, usually when you outdo yourself.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not intimidated. You're good, but it doesn't make me insecure at all.

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • Not intimidated. I'm indifferent towards your art for various reasons, and am avoiding you for them.

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

Celtic_Emperor

3rd Level White Feather
Because this can be a very touchy topic that may require people to swallow their pride, admit things to themselves they don't want to, and because its just a generally uncomfortable (some would say rude) question to ask, this poll will be anonymous. Your username will not be appearing in the poll results. So please feel free to make your vote with confidence, one way or the other.

I have attempted to make the poll options as varied as I could, so as to give the option to express the opinion or feeling that is closest or most accurate to how you feel. You're encouraged to be as honest with me (and yourselves for that matter) as you can be.

Now, onto the topic. I've noticed, over the years, that as my art gets better and my skills increase, there is a small percentage of people who used to comment to my art (I'm talking all over the internet now, not any specific website) but no longer do so or have suddenly stopped. I have also noticed that there is a, I would say, 3% loss of comments pertaining to the actual art itself, as opposed to responses directed at me. So, basically, for every new picture I upload, it would seem that I get about 2 or 3% less comments than in prior years, dispite the fact exposure of my art is at an all time high.

Needless to say, even a minor difference like this would be noticed by an artist. I've come to several logical conclusions as to why this is, but I hadn't put as much thought into the possibility that it's is due to, in full or in part, by intimidation. Now, when I say intimidation, I'm refering, of course, to my talent, skill, and the quality of the work and others feeling uneasy about that. I'm sure that somewhere in that 3% loss, intimidation is an attributing factor, as may very well be jealousy, envy, and other things like that.

I'll just stop there because it will make it seem as though I'm just patting myself on the back. Although, its relevant to point out that I don't see this as a good thing. I'm proud that my art is getting better, but theres nothing fun in losing people to intimidation, even if those people are a small handful. Whats particularly and potentially hurtful is when you have friends who become distant, or aqquaintances who, for one reason or another, stop replying. You begin to wonder whether they have fallen into the 3% or it's something else.

At any rate, this is one of the things on my mind as of late, and I thought I'd also share this poll here on Tickletheater as well. I hope you take no offense by it, because none was implied. I just want to confirm, via an anonymous poll, whether any part of what I suspect is true, even in this community. Normally, what others think of me I do not allow to influence my feelings, especially of myself, but retrospection can be a good thing in this instance.

Thank you for your time, patience, and your vote. You may reply if you wish as well as post. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Actually, your artwork doesn't intimidate me a bit. On one side of the coin, I like your artwork, because it shows me a style that I can get comfotable with. On the other side of the coin, it gives me a talented artist's renditions, and a skill level I can work for.

Thank you for the post. I think you posted before you voted (I was still working on the poll after the thread was submitted), so you can vote now if you'd like. :)

If it helps...

Nope. Not at all...

In any case, I don't know what you expect to get from asking this kind of question, cuz no one's gonna admit to being intimidated by you, whether they are or not. Plus, I doubt that's a main factor. If anything, it's just that people run out of things to say after a while. You've been a regular here for a few years now, so it's bound to happen. That's what I figure people are doing with my works anyway. I'd only worry about it once your view counts go down.

Actually, I've had people admit alot of things to me without me having to ask at all, which is odd, since when people are intimidated they don't let on, like you say. They just avoid you. I do have to disagree that it's a main factor in general, though. Intimidation itself can stir people to do things or to not do them. If a person should feel inadequate in some way, they are usually more timid, and when they're faced with someone who invokes that kind of a presense, an intimidating presense, the person is more submissive and agreeable. They either avoid the person so as to preserve themselves, or they tell the person what that person wants to hear (or those persons in the case of a group of people). Where it matters more is what type of person the intimidator is. A person could be intimidating and not even know it, while others harness and control it.

But that is with anything, not just art. In regards to pageviews, I get plenty enough for a fetish forum, especially considering that the bulk of what I share is not even fetish related. I don't think I'd ever have to worry about what you're saying, which is why I am curious enough to post this topic, to see if that 3% would even vote since this topic is ultimately about them. This is not a question to the majority as I know how many of the majority, like yourself, would react. Rather, of the people that look at my art and give me those pageviews but no responses, those are the people who are interesting here because they obviously are eager to see what I've brought to the table, yet, for reasons known only to them, choose to say nothing. Intimidation is actually a leading potential factor then anything else is, really. If it wasn't intimidation there would be no reason not to respond. If the answer is you have a personal problem with me, then its a pride issue, as you'd rather avoid me and look at my art in secret then give me my dues, thus humbling yourself before me and in the sight of others. I've caught many people looking at my art by clicking that user tab at the bottom of the main page at random times on occasion. It tells you whose looking at what threads, when, and whether they're looking at attachments. I've caught alot of people who, in the past, have made it clear they do not like me and continue to avoid me, looking at my art and downloading my attachments. For these people, its almost a catch 22. They are interested to see my art and like it enough to continue looking at it, yet they have animosity towards me, the artist, the person who provides them these pictures they secretly enjoy. It's ironic in that they have to accept me in some form if they're enjoying my pictures, yet they're troubled by the fact they enjoy something from someone they dislike. Its impossible to seperate me from what I've created, perhaps to their frustration. Again, this is a pride issue, as if they were not so proud, they'd be able to say something and not feel as though it's taken them down a notch or they've been humiliated in having to admit something to me when they'd rather appear indifferent and keep whatever facade they have going.

As far as I can tell, there are people who are intimidated and people who are proud, and these two groups of people make up a large enough group that if they were not that way, the artists here would be getting even more feedback then they already do.

Lastly, theres the group of people who plain just don't like your art because its not in their tastes. Again, though, if they didn't like it, they wouldn't view it. And since we must assume that only people who like what you draw will give you the majority of the pageviews, this again defaults over to the proud and the imtimidated. Since we know what posters are thinking because they say so, it does make some sense to believe that those that do not say anything yet give you the majority of your pageviews are either proud (this includes being envious) or intimidated. Simple laziness is a contributing factor, as is the desire to remain anonymous. Yet, even those two factors are flawed too. If you're a fan of the artist, yet too lazy to support them, then are you really a fan? And if you're too scared to post because you want to remain anonymous for sake of security, aren't you already anonymous anyway by having a screenname and your personal information hidden?

I doubt you put this much thought into it, and I wasn't prepared to either, but this interests me from a socialogical standpoint...maybe even a psychological one. Albeit, this is the internet, where ambiguity and anonymity are two cornerstones in it's existance. If people were not allowed to be anonymous, I wonder what the internet would be like.

Last edited:
Also, can anyone do me a favor and tell me whether the poll has more than 1 vote so far? So far it's only showing 1 vote for me. The poll may have been corrupted when I posted it, if in fact people are voting but the results are not current. This has happened before, so I'd like to know which it is. Thanks. :)

Yes, intimidation can do those things, but I meant it wasn't a main factor for your lack of comments. I really doubt that if it weren't for people's pride, intimidation, envy, etc. you'd have more comments. I think many of the people who aren't commenting don't have anything against you or your skills. It's just like anything else people experience over a period of time. No matter how good it is, unless the artist changes it up dramatically all the time, people become more and more desensitized to it. That means less enthusiasm and less comments. That seems like the more likely case.

But like I said before, it doesn't make sense to even try to seek these people out other than to boost your own ego. If you're better than them, you leave those types of people behind you. To try to figure out why this small group feels intimidated is unimportant, because it's most likely something you can't change.

I already know that people get used to things and people, so I get you on that already and beforehand. Remember, however, that I am refering to the 3%. That number may seem insignificant and significant at the same time, and it is. It's insignificant in that 3% represents a minority. Also remember that this 3% represents my ENTIRE artistic endeavors on the internet, which truely makes it miniscule. Yet, amusingly enough, it is large enough to notice (at least for me, I'm meticulous like that).

I can see how given how I've addressed the issue, it may seem like I'm wasting my time and energy, but I'm really just bored, have the excess energy to spend tonight, had the time to spare, and the results of the poll and posts are actually irrelevant and don't have to lead anywhere. I like it when I can act serious and then change my stance midway for the sake of conversation, instead of those situations which call you to be serious throughout. Its fun....although, I imagine it could be annoying to anyone reading it. They might think I was only baiting or goading them to respond, which isn't actually true, or I wouldn't have made the poll options as such that you could voice an opinion through them. Although, how is someone to know whether I'm being serious or not until I tell them or until it's obvious? Maybe I shouldn't mess with people like this! LOL! XD

Plus, I like using percentages (if you haven't noticed) and using them in instances whenever I can, like this one. I like being technical like that. It's fun. ^^

Last edited:
hello :)

Your art is good, you have talent for drawing, still nothing amazing nor impressive in it. I doubt that people say : hey look what that guy done ! he's a genius !!! He impresses me so that i can't even imagine talking to him ... can i have a autograph ? ;)

Actually, yes they have said things like that...perhaps not in those exact words but the same feeling is carried across over to me. If they did not say these things, then I wouldn't know they feel that way in the first place and that people can actually be intimidated of me (something I wasn't aware of until I was made aware of it). And once you're made aware of something like that, your mind begins to wonder how many other people feel the same way as well. I'd be aloof and oblivious to other people's opinions and feelings on the matter if they did not share them otherwise. Your eyes are opened to another possibility when others confess, confide or otherwise admit their true feelings. Feelings are communicated majorly through typed words on the internet, afterall. It is the language of the medium, or the medium of the medium, so to speak. I'm pretty grateful to know what alot of people think, as it gives me access to their minds and we can exchange artistic ideas and thoughts.

Hell, if they want an autograph, though, I'd have to start charging for it. Thanks for the idea, alf. ;)

Last edited:
Well personally, I find your art inspiring :) but since there's no option for that in the poll, I can't vote. As an aspiring artist though; one with a whole lot of imagination, but never the time to harness any drawing skills, your art gives me something to shoot for eventually.

This forum could never get enough Vlads, or Umojars, or Kolamoses (Kolamii?) or Tyklfyndses, or any of the other numerous and talented artists that have blessed us with their work, tickle related or otherwise.

So keep up the good work man; and as long as you find satisfaction in doing it, that is worth a hundred posts of praise imo.

Well personally, I find your art inspiring :) but since there's no option for that in the poll, I can't vote. As an aspiring artist though; one with a whole lot of imagination, but never the time to harness any drawing skills, your art gives me something to shoot for eventually.

This forum could never get enough Vlads, or Umojars, or Kolamoses (Kolamii?) or Tyklfyndses, or any of the other numerous and talented artists that have blessed us with their work, tickle related or otherwise.

So keep up the good work man; and as long as you find satisfaction in doing it, that is worth a hundred posts of praise imo.

Thank you. :)

And you're absolutely right at the end there. Satisfaction makes up for it, and often times if I didn't get as many replies as I would have wanted, one good reply can make it all worth while and I always get one of those. I have alot to be thankful for.

I'm personally not intimidated by your artwork, although I must say that it is absolutely brilliant. Had I been on the forum (which I scarcely am on right now, damn damn damn) a few years ago, I might have felt frustrated with myself. I generally don't compare myself to others unless I need to make a realistic evaluation of my ability to draw.

*grabs a pencil* Hey, I dunno, this thread kinda inspired me to get to work again...

Your candor is refreshing. It's interesting to me to see other people analyze themselves publically, even if briefly. If I may ask, what is it that would have made you frustrated a few years ago, and why then?

I encourage you to take up drawing again. If you really are an artist, it never really leaves you.

I think your quite good at being an artist I also think you can be better. =) I'm also not intimidated, I'm just lazy, plus it's rare I see something worth commenting on. Now if I see a great artist do something bad...I'd probly comment saying what happend here blah blah blah. Or if I saw something that I just really liked. Most people know when they are good you obviously know yer good because your posting a poll on does your art talent intimate people. I'm pretty sure you don't need me posting to every image saying something like "wow that's amazing that's awesome that is just simply great it throws me into fits." Your good you know it, when I see something that seems to be better or an improvement of some sort of a certain degree you'd probly get a post if by the time I saw you didn't have 3 pages or something worth of posts about how good it is....tho even then you might if it's a big enough improvement.

That's hard tho if your already a good artist.

Because this can be a very touchy topic that may require people to swallow their pride, admit things to themselves they don't want to, and because its just a generally uncomfortable (some would say rude) question to ask, this poll will be anonymous. Your username will not be appearing in the poll results. So please feel free to make your vote with confidence, one way or the other.

I have attempted to make the poll options as varied as I could, so as to give the option to express the opinion or feeling that is closest or most accurate to how you feel. You're encouraged to be as honest with me (and yourselves for that matter) as you can be.

Now, onto the topic. I've noticed, over the years, that as my art gets better and my skills increase, there is a small percentage of people who used to comment to my art (I'm talking all over the internet now, not any specific website) but no longer do so or have suddenly stopped. I have also noticed that there is a, I would say, 3% loss of comments pertaining to the actual art itself, as opposed to responses directed at me. So, basically, for every new picture I upload, it would seem that I get about 2 or 3% less comments than in prior years, dispite the fact exposure of my art is at an all time high.

Needless to say, even a minor difference like this would be noticed by an artist. I've come to several logical conclusions as to why this is, but I hadn't put as much thought into the possibility that it's is due to, in full or in part, by intimidation. Now, when I say intimidation, I'm refering, of course, to my talent, skill, and the quality of the work and others feeling uneasy about that. I'm sure that somewhere in that 3% loss, intimidation is an attributing factor, as may very well be jealousy, envy, and other things like that.

I'll just stop there because it will make it seem as though I'm just patting myself on the back. Although, its relevant to point out that I don't see this as a good thing. I'm proud that my art is getting better, but theres nothing fun in losing people to intimidation, even if those people are a small handful. Whats particularly and potentially hurtful is when you have friends who become distant, or aqquaintances who, for one reason or another, stop replying. You begin to wonder whether they have fallen into the 3% or it's something else.

At any rate, this is one of the things on my mind as of late, and I thought I'd also share this poll here on Tickletheater as well. I hope you take no offense by it, because none was implied. I just want to confirm, via an anonymous poll, whether any part of what I suspect is true, even in this community. Normally, what others think of me I do not allow to influence my feelings, especially of myself, but retrospection can be a good thing in this instance.

Thank you for your time, patience, and your vote. You may reply if you wish as well as post. Thanks. :)

Oh well... my turn to put my foot in it.

As to your main question, no, I'm not intimidated by your level of art talent. Over the years, I've commissioned and worked with a number of comic artists, some well known, some not, to draw myriad number of superheroine tickling illos. Nothing personal, but if that didn't intimidate me, your work certainly isn't going to.

As to the why the amount of feedback you're receiving is declining as you perceive your work getting better, I can only give you my own feelings on the entire feedback situation. As I believe you yourself stated in the infamous "Art Appreciation" thread, idle praise is a very bad influence on an artist, and I couldn't agree with you more - I'm not a "wonderful image, thanks for posting it" guy. Just because I don't respond to an image, however, doesn't mean it isn't good. One's taste in art (and any potential art criticism) is purely subjective, and as such, I only respond to pieces that, for lack of a better term, move me. While the skill and talent of the artist does carry some weight, what art I like and what art I love isn't some equation to be punched in and solved. It's a purely visceral feeling. Some of my favorite illustrations aren't technically perfect (in some cases, far from it), but there's still something about them that gives me that "damn... I love that" feeling in my gut.

Yes, you have talent, and yes, the technical merits of your work are improving, but whether or not the anatomy is perfect or your perspective is spot on doesn't determine how I (or anyone else for that matter) will respond to a piece. Art is emotion, and when human emotion is involved, there are just too damn many intangibles to deal with.

So... what can - or should - you do to deal with this? Not a damn thing. You're good and you know it, so continue to create illos that you enjoy and that move you. Unless someone else is paying you to do something, then the only person you have to satisfy is yourself. And if others are moved by it, then that's a bonus. Maybe it's a little pollyannaish, but I've always felt the payoff for the artist is in the act of creation itself... everything else is just gravy.

Those are my words wisdom, which are worth exactly what you paid for them (=nothing). Please disregard my ramblings in part or in whole as you see fit. As for me, I'm going back to the Old Coots Home... it's tapioca night!

Oh well... my turn to put my foot in it.

As to your main question, no, I'm not intimidated by your level of art talent. Over the years, I've commissioned and worked with a number of comic artists, some well known, some not, to draw myriad number of superheroine tickling illos. Nothing personal, but if that didn't intimidate me, your work certainly isn't going to.

I'm glad that you mention this, because its true. In fact, the distance that supposedly seperates professionals from amateurs is not always so distant. I've seen plenty of amateurs that can do just as good or better as professionals, yet they're not even half-serious about it as the professionals are. In the end, its just a title, "professional". All it does is show someone or tell someone that this person is drawing for money.

The line can be blurred even further, since if you want to be technical about the word professional, it could include one who does not work for a company, but makes money all the same through commissions and such. They too are professional in that they make money, they are just not standing behind a company's name when doing so.

Technically, if you were to pay me to draw you something, theres a level of professionalism to that in that there was a deal, an agreement, a service and a transaction.

So, yes, I agree that the differences are not necessarily skill and technically based, but are more like a technicality or status. Sometimes I see artists who I can already draw better than and they're working for a professional company. Its not always about apples and oranges, thats for sure.

Hahathna said:
As to the why the amount of feedback you're receiving is declining as you perceive your work getting better, I can only give you my own feelings on the entire feedback situation. As I believe you yourself stated in the infamous "Art Appreciation" thread, idle praise is a very bad influence on an artist, and I couldn't agree with you more - I'm not a "wonderful image, thanks for posting it" guy.

Funny that you mention this to me, as, in retrospect, I've answered my own question by participating in that thread. Rather, I should say that its just another possibility that you're speaking of. Its possible alot of people don't respond to me here because they don't want it to go to my head. Well, thats not going to happen since someone who already has a strong self-esteem, such as myself, gains very little (in a negative way) from someone's praise. In fact, I might be able to better tell when someone is just exagerating or telling the truth based on how often that would happen. The fact I only get several replies that are like that, and usually from the same people (whom tend to be friends or good aquaintances) I know it's sincere. Most of what I was saying in that thread had more to do with when people DON'T know whether people are sincere or not, and how it's easier for people to get away with it.

If someone says "that person is just exagerating Vlad's work and giving idle praise", I know thats not a true statement, since exagerating my work isn't necessary and those people that do praise me are usually people I know I can count on.

Hahathna said:
Just because I don't respond to an image, however, doesn't mean it isn't good. One's taste in art (and any potential art criticism) is purely subjective, and as such, I only respond to pieces that, for lack of a better term, move me. While the skill and talent of the artist does carry some weight, what art I like and what art I love isn't some equation to be punched in and solved. It's a purely visceral feeling. Some of my favorite illustrations aren't technically perfect (in some cases, far from it), but there's still something about them that gives me that "damn... I love that" feeling in my gut.

Yeah, I know how that is. Some pictures are great the way they are, even with the flaws. However, when people talk of who is the best, then it literally can become an issue of evaluation. When you're looking at a piece with the intent to find it's imperfections and highpoints, its easier to come to a conclusion (by comparision to other artists and their comparable skill levels) that one is better than the other or better than the rest. Most people don't like to hear about this because its uncomfortable or it might hurt people's feelings or whatever, but it definitely is possible. I will say, of course, that it usually never goes there, only when people are bold enough to use words like "you're the best" or they speak of someone as if they are the best. Naturally, someone who might take exception to a statement like that (perhaps such as myself) would challenge that idea by making the case that I did and have done in the past- that technical skill is the way to determine who is technically better and shows a mastery of the form (or a better usage of it than the others). If you did that, the person being hailed as the best or better may not actually be so. The truth would be founded out, if people were not already admitting it to others or themselves. Favoritism doesn't do anything but show a preference for a style, but it's a category in it's own right that will often supercede everything else. Thats definitely true if you say someone is the best, but either don't really mean it literally or are exagerating.

Hahathna said:
Maybe it's a little pollyannaish, but I've always felt the payoff for the artist is in the act of creation itself... everything else is just gravy.

Yes, that true. At least it is for me anyways. I sometimes get an almost intoxicated, hyper, or bubbly feeling when I'm really happy with the way a picture is developing as I draw and/or color it. Because I know what I want it to look like, I know what I have to do to get it there, which is very, very fun. :)

Hahathna said:
Those are my words wisdom, which are worth exactly what you paid for them (=nothing). Please disregard my ramblings in part or in whole as you see fit. As for me, I'm going back to the Old Coots Home... it's tapioca night!

I'm not disregarding a thing. Thank you for the dialogue. :)

Last edited:
Hiya Vlad.
I personally don't think this is something you need to worry about, at least not from this angle. From what I see on the forums, people don't refrain from commenting on the more advanced artists' work.
It's good not to back down from subjects that make people uncomfortable, but you seem drawn to them, lol.

I don't think thats the problem, getting responses in the first place. For them/me/us, it would be getting an advanced comment for an advanced artist/picture. We simply do not get that. An advanced picture, such as my Rukia portrait for example, would get a "good work". Thats not an advanced comment, thats a general comment that any one who is not an advanced artist could easily get. I think this whole issue (as touched upon in the recent artist appriciation thread) is partially about great artists not getting great comments and decent artists getting idle/exagerated praise.

Giving a greater response to a lesser artist is part of the problem. Its like lesser artists get more than they deserve and greater artist get less. It should be the other way around for very practical and balanced reasons. Greater artists need to be shown whats good about their work and would otherwise deserve the praise according to their merit. A lesser artist, however, does not benefit from that same level of praise, because all their errors, problems, and thoughts of problems are compromised or overshadowed by the praise. Its almost as if the facts are disregarded for the sake of being polite or politically correct. That may spare the commenter and artist a personal embarassment, but its selfish and does nothing but mislead the artist. People need to be told whats wrong with their work, and they need to be given props for when they do something right. Thats balance.

"Awesome work", etc, just doesn't cover it, one way or the other.

Be that as it may, you're right, this shouldn't concern me, but for some reason I'm concerned for how it concerns others or, rather, whether or not it concerns them. I guess I'm just empathetic that way. Whether it concerns or affects me or not, I sometimes care whether it affects others because I care for how they're affected by it, especially if I know those people or they're friends. I would want someone to have the best, favorable outcome, result, and chances, and as an artist I don't think the wide path of idle and exagerated praise is the right one. It may hype the artist or make them feel better temporarily, but its a shotty, quick fix and ultimately an excuse for not telling the truth. The one who pays the price, however, is not the commenter but the artist, for they're taken in by the exageration and given a place to be nursed rather than developed, a place to be held back, not challenged, and a place to settle for less rather than desire more.

Last edited:
Instead of guessing or assuming that "intimidation" is the reason why your artwork has lost replies, why don't you just make a thread asking people why they don't reply to your work as much as they used to or why they never have.

Because I wasn't assuming or guessing it was THE reason, only that it COULD be an attributing factor, which, as Umojar pointed out, I wouldn't be able to prove one way or another since people will not be completely honest about this subject. If they're intimidated, even just a little bit, they're not going to say they are to my face (they'll probably say the opposite), which is why I've made this poll. I'm allowing them to anonymously register that feeling without having to confront me.

No poll is going to be accurate anyways. There are so many variables and instances that affect it at any given moment. Then why care what the information in the poll shows me? I don't care. It just shows that some people have been responsive in one way or another, which is what I wanted. If I had asked point blank why some people don't reply anymore, I'd have to single out those people publically (and first remember who they are), which may be embarassing to them and would be rude of me. Its also not a good idea to make a thread just asking because then people who avoid me (as per the poll option) probably wouldn't respond since they wouldn't be able to hide behind an anonymous vote. I'd essentially be calling them out and putting them on the spot or giving them the third degree, and it wouldn't lead anywhere good since theres an expectation for an answer which is being sought in a rather accosting way.

Finally, if you read my post, I said 3%. Asking a portion of that 3% of people (where 3% is the entire total over the internet, not a single site), I'd really just be asking a random one or two people what they think, and thats just pointless. My thought in making this poll anonymous was to give people the ability to register an opinion anonymously without fear of a reprimand, consequence, or what have you. Not that I'd go that route, but I feel it would be more comfortable this way. Apparently the majority of those who have voted are not intimidated, and more than that, they don't like my art or are indifferent toward it (or voted that option because it was the closest to how they felt). Had I not given them the option to be anonymous (or had not given them an option they wanted) I doubt they will have voted, and had I called them out, I doubt they will have responded. This is a form of honesty that only anonymity would deliver. Sure, I could have made this a personal issue by PMing people whom I could suspect are in the 3% or otherwise, but this isn't personal at all, its a general question directed at a general audiance. The purpose never was to pinpoint individuals. This is a questionaire.

Thanks for the post. :)

Last edited:
All good art intimidates me a little bit because it reminds me of the total lack of humanoid drawing skill I have :p I'm good at mechanical drawings... but humanoid (or lifeforms in general) nope. Cannot really do them.

I still respond sometimes, I'm a bit of a lurker to be honest :p But you're art is fantabulific

All good art intimidates me a little bit because it reminds me of the total lack of humanoid drawing skill I have :p I'm good at mechanical drawings... but humanoid (or lifeforms in general) nope. Cannot really do them.

Could it be that its not that you cannot draw anatomy well, its that you're not confident that you can? Confidence has alot to do with this topic, since even if you're not intimidated of say...me, because you are not confident, you see yourself as lacking by comparison to others whether or not that would actually be true once applied. Likewise, people who do not compare themselves to others may still yet feel inadequate in some way and its a self-revelation rather than being revealed to them through or by someone else.

Kittamaru said:
I still respond sometimes, I'm a bit of a lurker to be honest :p But you're art is fantabulific

Yeah, I've noticed that, but thank you all the same. :)

Well, yeah, theres that possibility too. As I said, I thought of lots of different reasons, and many of them have to do with me and not the art. If I seem unaproachable then I think thats intimidation also, since I am not working toward it, yet am developing that kind of presense, most often through my own attitude, self-esteem, or strong viewpoints. Thats a shame, since people might be put off enough that they wouldn't respond even if only for the sake of giving me props for good art. Its like I also said though, my art and I are not seperated, so its impossible for someone to like me the artist but not like me the person, since liking one or the other means accepting both sides of me. If people cannot get over that, I'm likely to never hear from them.

To be honest with you nerrad, there are times I would be intimidated of you, simply because you tell it like it is as well. In that respect, we're very much alike...but its because we're alike that I am not intimidated. Though, I have noticed that no one really backtalks to you. Aren't you lucky. :p

but for those who don't like it, I invite them to the End of My Arm Deli for a knuckle sandwich.

Does that come with a side order of fries? (and by fries I mean the other fist) :laughing: *nerrad kisses his knuckles* LOL :super_hap

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back