• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Restroom reading material and other randomness (split from Share Your Photos thread)

Thats what I'm saying, pandering it out to tv syndicates. By saying that I'm saying alot. As we know a tv syndicate has to follow particular guidelines when they sponsor and air a telivision show, especially an animation, which children are more likely to watch.

That means, like you've said, taking out the blood, cursing, and any adult situations that there may be or may be implied.They're just doing their jobs.

The problem is in requesting series they are going to have to edit or in some cases heavily edit just to air them. They should leave these series to the professionals, to real anime producers and broadcasters. It should go to adult swim yes. They want to be able to generate the attention and ratings that the mere presense of a good anime will provide, but they want/need to be able to edit it also, which makes this all contradictive of them. They should get the rights to series that don't need editting or only a little and leave the rest alone and for someone else to sponsor and air.

Ultimately, theres the dvds. So you and other fans win either way. Unless you don't have a dvd player or can't afford the dvds.

Last edited:
Ive never heard of the series you're worried about but if Toonami's gonna air it then you pretty much should abandon hope and buy dvds. :p

I've heard of the series and have seen some of the art, but I haven't seen it either. I wonder if its worth the hype.

Vladislaus Dracula said:
So how you approach this is very important, both morally and technically within the contexts of the Jedi Order. Love is not forbidden. Posession is however, and physical intimacy to the point of sensuality and sexual conduct is something you really have to consider if you don't want to water down Jedi principles and totally make something up just to self serve your story.
I intend to write it for primarily a fetish audience, rather than a Star Wars audience, so I want to focus on the apparent paradox of lust/virtue.

Like the Jedi, the central theme of Buddhism and Taoism is freedom from attachments and desires, yet Buddhists and Taoists have had lascivious rites and practices designed to embrace and embolden sexual energies and forces. Bodhisattvas, the Jedi-like enlightened beings of Eastern religion, appear in whatever form is most valuable for their mission, even as dancing girls or courtesans.

I will, of course, write tastefully about my subject, but I do want to explore the mysterious and tantric side of Eastern spirituality through the enigmatic and engaging character of Bultar Swan :)

I Know, Get The Paint Brush.....................

*gt Takes Out Magic Marker, Listens For The Graffiti Police, Then Strikes* " Here I Sit All In A Pickle, Came To S*** But Only Think Of Tickle" The Sunday Paper Is My Favorite. Holding It In For Six Days Is A Bitch Though! Lol!

E.H.-" BATHROOM HUMOR IS SO SOPHOMORIC, MRS. CLEAVER.

nessonite said:
Here's a fun fact!
Putting cabbage on the breasts of a lactating woman makes the milk dry up
:p
"LETTUCE" CORRECT THAT BY USING GT'S HEAD INSTEAD. *GT STILL IS APPARENTLY UNAWARE THAT THE PREVIOUS UMPTEEN PAGES OF THS THREAD ARE A GEORGE LUCAS COMMERCIAL* EVERYONE ELSE IN THE GALAXY KNOWS. BTW READ THE (FORD) GALAXIE'S BUMPER STICKER: "SITH HAPPENS"

You've always been a little slow, GT. We luvs you anyway :D

I just found this fascinating article yesterday: Intergalactic Dharma. It reports that George Lucas is in fact a Buddhist and that the parallels between Star Wars and Eastern philosophy are intentional. Excerpts beloiw:
Created by a self-proclaimed "Methodist Buddhist", "Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith" is George Lucas' final connecting instalment of the Dharma-inspired "Star Wars" trilogy. A futuristic yet timeless myth, it tells how one could easily succumb to the dark side through unguarded attachment, aversion and delusion (the three roots of evil). The dark side can be seen as the other side of our luminous Buddha-nature, which always shines with perfect compassion and wisdom.
"Padme" means "lotus" in Sanskrit, the symbol of purity in Buddhism. The lotus blossoms unstained, despite having roots in the "dark side" ...
Yoda was physically modelled after Tsenzhab Serkong Rinpoche - a Buddhist master!
Note that the Jedis even have their own temple and have democratic "Sangha" meetings! The Jedi council is distinct from political ones, never letting worldly concerns cloud its judgement. Needless to say, Anakin, the Jedi-master-wannabe, broke all the "precepts" above. Despite himself clearly stating the difference between the Mara-like Siths and the Bodhisattva-like Jedis being "the use of the force for oneself versus for others", his attachment to Padme was so strong that he let love for one override compassion for the masses.
"May the force be with you"? The force needs not be with you, because it already is within you. Rediscover the "force" in you - be guided by your inner compassion and wisdom. Thus, it should be the other way round instead - "May you be with the force!"
May you be with the Force! :)

I already knew that but its always good to hear it a second time. Personal beliefs aside, he had to tell the story a certain way.

It would take a spiritual or religious person to appriciate the value of alot of what Star Wars is about, as it would take a person with an understanding to create it. It was never about spaceships and aliens really.

EDIT:

Aside from that, these aren't just buddhist beliefs, christians in general feel this way too. The only difference really is the religious figures and god-heads. And thats really nice because Star Wars is a medium through which different people can come together. The expression of Star Wars is a universal language.

Last edited:
What's New

6/15/2024
If you need to report a post the report button is on its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back