• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Serious Computer Question.. What To Do Now?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
I posted about how my Internet Explorer was infected with malware. I havent used it at all since making that post, and have only used Google Chrome to surf the net over the past week or two. In fact., I did a super anti spyware scan just today, and all seemed fine. Now it seems I have serious problems.

I was watching my 6pm Jim Gardner show from Philly, and all of the sudden I'm getting messages from Avast about URL malware being blocked on Google Chrome. This has me fit to be tied, because, my computer was absolutely fine for the last while until this with my not using IE. Now I'm worried that my whole computer is infected with malware, and will start freezing. The last time this happened on IE,. I couldnt play youtube videos, watch Jim Gardner, etc.

If I cant use the computer, I cant send out job resumes, etc.

Any advice? What do I do now?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks.

Last edited:
Get Malware Bytes and do a full system scan.

Then use avast to clean up the bits left behind.

Then make sure you use a registry cleaner.

Do all of this in safe mode.

After a full scan with Avast, and a nearly two hour system reboot, the same fucking URL malware message is coming up.

The Avast had said the malware was removed, and the system reboot was going to clean it up,
Apparently not because the same down message just came up.

GRRR. I dont have time to do another scan tonight. Will have to try tomorrow.

malwarebytes.org

Go there and download the program for your computer.

Do the scan whenever.

Ok I'll try it. Thanks./

I also registered for Wilders Security forum to see if they have any advice.

Now I'm at a complete loss of what to do..

I installed the malwarebytes anti malware that CTS recommended, and ran a full scan.

The scan said that no malicious items were detected.

Yet, I keep getting a message in red on the side of my screen from the Malwarebytes Anti Malware System that says

Malicious website blocked.

Which is essentially a different version of the same message that Avast was giving me

I dont know what to do, and I'm very concerned that my computer will completely crash due to malware.

I'm registered with Wilders Security forum. I hope they or someone else has a solution.

Now I'm really screwed.

A mod at Wilders Security Forum said that Wilders stopped providing malware advice a long time ago.

I'm still getting the same message, malicious website blocked, have done three scans tonight with Avast, SuperAntiSpyware, and malwarebytes., only to get the same message.

I can still use my computer. What happens if I use it, and just let the message run?

I honestly dont know what to do?

You should really use Mozilla Firefox if you can.

However. what are the most pressing issues about this? Is it affecting everything or what?

It gives me the same message on Mozilla Firefox, CTS. It doesnt matter which browser I use, Chrome, Firefox, or IE. I stopped using IE, as I already posted.

There doesnt seem to be a pressing issue,. My computer works, and I'm able to post here, and go to sites, and send emails, etc.

I'm just concerned that my computer is going to crash completely due to a malware virus. That already happened to me in 2011 with my old desktop, which is what made it necessary for me to get this current computer in the first place.

I'm also concerned about sending e-mails that are infected with viruses to people. As i've posted, I'm currently looking for a job, and send many emails a week to jobs websites, and perspective employers for interviews, information, etc, and I dont want to send people emails infected with viruses.

Those are the most pressing issues as I see them.

It is time you put your computer in the computer hospital. It costs money but they will clean it up.

Thanks for the advice, Otis. I'll try it.,

You're right that the malware isnt being removed by my antivirus. I did a superantispyware scan, as well as a many hours long scan with my Avast last night. I was told to scan the computer, and do a slow reboot, checking each file as it rebooted.. After.. many hours.. the same virus messages kept coming up, as if I had never done the antivirus scan or removal.

I dont ever do online banking for security reasons, so no problem there.

Thanks again.

One of the easiest ways to remove malware is to run a system restore from start- programs- accessories- system tools - system restore... Choose a date to before you got infected. If does not delete any data just returns system files back to the way they were at that time.

In a situation like that, I'd honestly just get another hard drive and install your OS on the hard drive.

Thanks.

CTS,, thanks for the advice. I may get a tech up here to help. I'm not tech savvy so to say.

I'm also going to say this..

While I know my computer has other problems.. one of the main messages I'm getting
when it says Malicious Website blocked, is a Windows System message.

This leads me to believe that maybe my Windows System is corrupted or has a virus.

Maybe your father can buy you a new computer.

I was thinking the same... but along the lines of "New Computer" ... regardless of who bought it.
This is sound advice, Mitchell, considering all of your many recent CPU troubles.
The current price drop in laptops or notebooks have been very drastic.
Maybe a new notebook would be a good fit?
I've seen them for $200 or less w/ great performance specs.

"Sometimes, you just have to dump your old car, no matter how much you love it" ~ my Dad

~Paola

Okay, first off.

What is it with the

"Maybe your father can buy you a new computer".

How does everyone know that I dont have the money to do so, and just need it to spend on other things?

There's a BIG difference between a father paying his son';s rent, and what the son does with his day to day expenses. I have money, I'm just trying not to use it.

In fact, I just saw my dad yesterday. He and I discussed about me taking this to, as my friend carl put it, "The computer hospital", before buying a new computer. Also, my bday is coming up Friday. I'm sure if I asked for even a secondhand computer for cheap, temporarially, he would get me one.

I'll figure this out.

How dependent are you on Windows?

If there isn't something like Microsoft Visio that you simply must have then I would suggest installing an Ubuntu Linux distribution.

Straight Ubuntu
http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop

Or lInux Mint
http://www.linuxmint.com/

Both of these are extremely secure, very easy to install, well supported, and you won't be bothered by Malware or Viruses again.

If you are thinking about getting a new computer anyway, maybe give this a try first. I have given many friends and family members' computer new leases of life by installing one of these for them, sometimes years more use from the same PC.

Just a thought for a possible alternative.

Last edited:
detritus, to answer your question, I dont know exactly how dependent I am on Windows.

Your advice sounds reasonable. I'll look into it. Thanks.

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back