• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Should The Yankees Fire Joe Torre?

Should The Yankees Fire Joe Torre After The Latest First Round Loss?

• Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Goodieluver said:
You did not mention or go to the issue of the redsox, you made issues of the cheap mets players, you think willy mo peny is honestly worth 1.5 mil or worthless keith foulke for 7 million?

Also i was wrong, Anahiem is the third highest behind NY and boston but mets have the highest payroll in the NL

AND btw, bradford is making over a million for a setup man, and the dynamic duo of shawn green and loduca are costin them close to 16 million combined
Notice LoDuca and Green weren't mentioned in any of my posts. What you failed to mention about either guy is that they came to the Mets via trades. Not free agency. What you also failed to mention is that Shawn Green did not come to the Mets until August so they only paid him for a month and a half. So in fact, it DID NOT cost the Mets $16,000,000 this season. I didn't mention the Angels or the Red Sox because neither team is really a concern of mine. Any why should it be? They are OUT of the playoff picture. I am a Mets fan. But if you notice, while the Mets are the highest payroll in the NL, there are teams close behind the Mets. Making it more balanced. And yet we have a payroll that is still OVER $120,000,000 less than the team that is now playing golf.

Well, the suspense is over. I just came from reading an article on Comcast.net sports site, and it said that King George met with Joe today, and stated that Joe will be back, for the final year of his contract in 2007. I personally think George made the right move, as Torre has had a lot of success. In fact, an article in the Daily News stated, that former mayor Rudy Guiliani, was planning to call Boss George, to rally support to keep Torre. I dont know if Rudy did or not, but in my opinion, I'm glad George kept Torre. Now, the Yankees probably should focus on serious personnel changes among the players, including trading guys like Arod, Johnson, and Sheffield. I believe that major changes will be made for 2007 with the Yankees.

Mitch

Sheffield has an option for 2007, and its probably not likely the Yankees will pick it up. The Yankees of 2007 will look like the Yankees of 2006, meaning they will go without quality pitching, the same problem that got them in this mess :sowrong:

I agree with you, natural, that the Yankees definitely need better pitching. However, I disagree that the Yankees of 2007 will look like the Yankees of 2006. The reason being that George has a nearly unlimited budget, and can basically persue any, and all, quality starting, or relief pitching, that is out there. He doesnt have the same problem, that, say, the Braves do, with Time Warner restricting them to an 80 million dollar payroll. His payroll is whatever he wants it to be. Even if he doesnt keep Sheffield, I believe he will either trade for or sign a couple of quality pitchers. As to who those pitchers will be, I dont know, but I dont think George will stand pat. He will likely change a few pieces, and then leave the fate of the Yankees in Torre's hands, which will determine Torre's future with the team after 2007.

Mitch

I think the Yankees have to understand they are not the only team in baseball. Just cause they don't make the World Series for a couple years, doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Some teams don't return for decades.

I never liked the Yankees ....... does it show? However I do like Joe Torre.

Personally as a 100% pure Yankee hater that i am Joe Torre Should Not be fired its not his fault his team sucked. Honestly Joe Torre is the only Yankee that I truely admire and respect. Of anyone who should be blamed it should be George Steinbrenner for thinking oh if I pay this guy 15 million a year and this guy 20 million a year I will win a world series. Sorry Georgie thats not how it works. Another Idiot who deserves the blame is Brian Cashman ( The Yankees GM ) They may have played great in the regular season but when it came to the playoffs they played as though they could care less. You play the game with Heart determination that alone is a true baseball player. A baseball player will play the exact same way whether he is a major leaguer making 15 million a year or a minor leaguer making 50,000

Sure!

Why not? I loved the 80's and as a Mets fan, I know that would be the final piece that would get the Yankees back there. The Boss will mess things up as usual...

What's New

6/5/2024
The TMF Welcome forum has a place for you to say hello to us! Take a moemnt and say Hi.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back