• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

So who's a schizo?

sadi

1st Level Green Feather
Found a little 'science' to back up tickling... Interesting find, but apparently if you really 'are' able to tickle yourself, that's a sign you likely have a schizophrenic trait.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/some-people-can-tickle-themselves-69065/?no-ist

Unsure about the details of exactly 'how' one is able to tickle themself (enough to make a peep? Prolonged laughter?), but curious how often people are able to make themselves smile, and if they know of having mental dysfunctions or not.

Found a little 'science' to back up tickling... Interesting find, but apparently if you really 'are' able to tickle yourself, that's a sign you likely have a schizophrenic trait.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/some-people-can-tickle-themselves-69065/?no-ist
Unsure about the details of exactly 'how' one is able to tickle themself (enough to make a peep? Prolonged laughter?), but curious how often people are able to make themselves smile, and if they know of having mental dysfunctions or not.

There's a school of thought that posits that the "voices" schizophrenics hear are their own internal dialogue; it's just that the brain doesn't make that distinction of "oh, that's my own voice in my head" that other people can make.
I've known people who can tickle themselves in certain spots, but that was more an issue of the spot's sensitivity, rather than a mental dysfunction. It's a bit of a stretch to say it's indicative of a schizophrenic trait.

From what I gather, it's possible for anyone to invoke knismesis in themselves (light tickle which feels good), but not gargalesis (heavy tickle which produces laughter). I've seen an awful lot of people comment "I'm schizophrenic, yaaaay!" etc. on these articles just because they can produce that light itchy tickle, but I think maybe when people refer to schizophrenics being able to tickle themselves they're only referring to gargalesis? Idk, just guessing.

Thanks for the info, guys!
I always find it interesting when mainstream ('apparently' objective) research is done regarding our tickling interest.

Wolf, I never thought of it that way. Interesting how much we learn, how little we seem to find out.

As for 'how' one is tickled, Smeg, I have no idea, as any articles seem light on the specific details of how one is tickled (little/light, or hard/intense). Duration's also omitted, so it's unsure of how time might effect one's reaction.

Always interested to find out how this 'interest' manifests itself and effects each.

Did you know that this place is used to be called "The Mentally-disturbed Forum"?

Yeah these articles never explain the difference between knismesis and gargalesis or specify which tickle they're actually referring to. This is probably what makes people confused and call bullshit in the comments section, or just go around calling themselves schizophrenic. *rolls eyes*

Door 44 Productions
What's New

6/15/2024
If you need to report a post the report button is on its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back