• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

songs from the 70s

....and keeping the music going...here's a quintessential 70's song:

Steely Dan: FM

One of my favorite's from the 70s. A few more.

Great choices, Bugman, "Aja" is my fave album of their's by far.

I'm a drummer and recently another drummer friend of mine decided to see who's the funkiest, tastiest drummer on "Aja". Every song is a different drummer! Each one a legend and one of the great session drummers (Rick Marotta, Steve Gadd, Bernard "Pretty" Purdie, Jim Keltner, etc.) So we listened to the whole album under a microscope.....and by far "Pretty" Purdie took the prize ("Deacon Blues" & "Home At Last"). Ironically, we were surprised that we were LEAST impressed with Gadd's famous performance on "Aja"! (which is fantastic!). Anyways, it was fun to listen to the whole album together and really focusing in on the drummers. Great album.

Meanwhile, back in Britain.....

Eater: Thinking Of The USA

The Maniacs: Chelsea '77

Internet, I didn't know there were so many different drummers on that album. It's my favorite too.

George Benson.

"Breezin'", Steely Dan......Bugman I'll bet you had a great stereo system! No mere record player or "hi-fi" system for you....components was the way to go! Bugman, the audiophile! You could probably get dates to come home with you just by bragging about your speakers! "Oh, Bugman, stop! I'm trying to listen to the music!" :p

Let's face it.......the last half of the 70s was pretty much like this in the USA....anything and everything got the disco treatment!

Close Encounters Theme (Disco)

A Fifth of Beethoven

Also Sparch Zarathrusta (disco)

Bill Murray & Paul Schaeffer: Star Wars Theme

Last edited:
"Breezin'", Steely Dan......Bugman I'll bet you had a great stereo system! No mere record player or "hi-fi" system for you....components was the way to go! Bugman, the audiophile! You could probably get dates to come home with you just by bragging about your speakers! "Oh, Bugman, stop! I'm trying to listen to the music!" :p

Only in my dreams. :)

"Yeh, gal, c'mon over and see my system...(wink wink)".....we all wished. I had components, but....ah, well, let's just leave it at that.......

"Yeh, gal, c'mon over and see my system...(wink wink)".....we all wished. I had components, but....ah, well, let's just leave it at that.......

LOL!

"You like tweeters and woofers?.....I know, everybody SAYS they do.." lol.

Badfinger: No Matter What

Aerosmith: Toys In The Attic

Two fantastic Soul Train clips:

James Brown with one great Soul Train dancer (Damita Jo Freeman)!: Super Bad
Do the Robot, Damita!

Al Green: For The Good Times

towards the end, when he goes into the crowd.....the looks on the people's faces (especially the women) are priceless. And what a groove being laid down by Al Jackson!

Now let's not have a bad finger when we have toys in the attic, especially when james brown is around the town...GIT DOWN!

Grand Funk Railroad: I'm Your Captain

Bloodrock: D.O.A.

David Essex: Rock On

Last edited:
Three towering musicians of the 70s, known internationally and on the level of John Lennon or Bob Dylan in their respective genres:

Hector Lavoe: El Cantante

Bob Marley: Burnin' & Lootin'

Fela: Zombie

Last edited:
Alan Parsons engineered "Abbey Road", produced "Dark Side of the Moon", and then started his own group which, I believe, he was just the engineer for! I don't think he actually plays on these songs! Anyways, this was the album I liked, these first two songs....... stoney .... Floyd fans would definitely dig this:

Alan Parsons Project: I Robot

Alan Parsons Project: I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You

Ah yes...Alan Parsons Project... Had several good albums (at least I thought so..), tho may have bled over into the 80's.

Ah yes...Alan Parsons Project... Had several good albums (at least I thought so..), tho may have bled over into the 80's.

Thank you, rdhd, for starting this thread, and my thanks as well to everyone who has shared all this great music with us all. I came of age in the 70s, and this music is part of the soundtrack of my life. The times..the places...and above all the people, have a special place in my old heart. :)

Let me add another of my favs from then. Renaissance - early on, a mix of classical and rock. Lead singer - Annie Haslam - trained operatically, and rather hot (in my opinion). They were damn good in concert.....and some may like like that Annie would sing barefoot.... A few I could dredge up (having an issue with youtube at the moment), from early to a bit later:

That's so weird, I almost posted Renaissance yesterday!

Here's what I was going to post:

Midas Man

The Vultures Fly High

And if we have Rennasaince, then we have to have whose steps they followed in: the great, great Sandy Denny.

Sandy Denny (with Fotheringay): Fotheringay

and of course, Linda Thompson!

Richard & Linda Thompson: Withered & Died

I think the only other one we're missing is Steeleye Span!

Steeleye Span: Bonny Moorhen

Last edited:
A couple of songs that probably haven't occurred to you in a long time!

Ace: How Long

Atlanta Rhythm Section: So Into You

WHAT?!?!?! There's still songs out there we haven't covered???? I just can't believe...... Seriously...all good choices, as will be many more. As far as good ol' George, that whole danged album (double)(All Things Must Pass, for those who aren't old enough).

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back