• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Stop trolls

jts963

1st Level Yellow Feather
We need the ability to keep certain individuals from posting to our threads. I was just uploading a multi-part thread in an image forum (it even said in the titles "part 1 of 11", "part 2 of 11", etc.) when a well-known pest with no self control just HAD to interrupt it with a typically inane comment. Seriously, we need more than an ignore list. We need the ability to name, say, 5 individuals who under no circumstances can post to any threads we start. This is a good website; it should not be a website where trolls can wreak whatever havoc enters their little so-called minds.

The suggestion you make would never work; it would be abused to all hell.

Trolls are everywhere, and I don't think you're going to find a way to stop them; in your particular case the troll would be less of a nuisance if you found an alternative way to upload files; that way, instead of posting several files, you would only need to post one, and he wouldn't be given the opportunity to interrupt/bother you in the specific way he has.

Should you have to deviate your plans simply because of an asshole? No. Is that how the world works? Also no.

Etc~

We need the ability to keep certain individuals from posting to our threads. I was just uploading a multi-part thread in an image forum (it even said in the titles "part 1 of 11", "part 2 of 11", etc.) when a well-known pest with no self control just HAD to interrupt it with a typically inane comment. Seriously, we need more than an ignore list. We need the ability to name, say, 5 individuals who under no circumstances can post to any threads we start. This is a good website; it should not be a website where trolls can wreak whatever havoc enters their little so-called minds.

hmm by troll do you mean those who come in and generally spread spam around? or regular members who post negative comments?...that is freedom of speech, no matter how annoying..

A troll is someone who comments regularly but doesn't contribute to the conversation; they often attempt to stir up trouble. A lot of their posts are unnecessary/derogatory.

Pretty much they're just jackasses.

Etc~

That kind of control, were it possible to implement, amounts to granting members moderation powers of a limited extent, a dangerous idea. While members can start threads and exercise a limited (and I mean limited) degree of ownership over them, they are not thread dictators. Members have a right to express themselves freely. They don't have a right to be rude or troll, and if they are you report them.

What we would fear with such a system is, for example, denying someone the right to post in your thread simply because you dislike them. What if we had a producer who silenced all critics, even constructive ones, by denying them the ability to post in threads by that producer? A chilling proposition.

HDS said what I meant to, and then failed to. I started to and honestly thought I did say that, too. Oh well. Nicely put Monsieur HDS and thank you for your feedback~

Etc~

As an alternative (and I realize this may not be possible, just putting it out there), what about the ability to put yourself on somebody else's ignore list? That way they can still find you if they are determined but they'd have to work at it and it won't be immediately obvious that you've self-excluded yourself from their field of observation when they're logged in.

Last edited:
I don't think that is possible with this software. The best thing to do is to add those users whose remarks you do not wish to view to your own "Ignore" list.

I suppose the software could be modified to do that, but the number of functions that would need to be altered to so do is excessive.

As Missy Val notes, the ignore feature is precisely what this is for. Ignore users you have issues with, and they are gone from your posting life. After a while, even the most determined troll isn't going to keep posting if they get no rise out of you (since you can't see them.

I suppose the software could be modified to do that, but the number of functions that would need to be altered to so do is excessive.

As Missy Val notes, the ignore feature is precisely what this is for. Ignore users you have issues with, and they are gone from your posting life. After a while, even the most determined troll isn't going to keep posting if they get no rise out of you (since you can't see them.
If I thought the ignore list by itself was sufficient, I wouldn't be asking for an ignored-by list. I don't want a troll to "eventually" catch on, I want to stop known pests preemptively. IOW I want to take the control away from the trolls and give it to the trolled.

If I thought the ignore list by itself was sufficient, I wouldn't be asking for an ignored-by list. I don't want a troll to "eventually" catch on, I want to stop known pests preemptively. IOW I want to take the control away from the trolls and give it to the trolled.

Maybe you should just ignore the person who be trollin'?

IOW I want to take the control away from the trolls and give it to the trolled.
Again, that would amount to giving all members moderation powers, something we won't be doing. The only thing I can suggest to you is to use the current ignore list feature. If that doesn't suit, I've no other options, I'm afraid.

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back