• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Thank You Kershaw!

Laugh

TMF Expert
The billion dollar man superhero got his walking papers in the 2nd inning. Best game all season.

18 runs.

'nuff said.

And he "righted the ship" last night!!!

6 innings...9 K's...0 runs...in a 2-0 victory, over Philly!!!

4th time in his career he has followed up a 7+ runs allowed game...with a scoreless outing!!! I believe the stats are something like...
30 innings...0 runs allowed...4-0 record!!!

All the "greats" have occasional bad outings. I think the "kid" knows how to turn it around!!!

'nuff said!!!

- and Beckett just tossed a no-hitter vs Philly.

Dodgers probably love playing Philly.

2013 NLCS Game 6

Dodgers entire season on the line.

Superhero on the mound.

9 runs later.. well you know the story.

This wasn't just 'another' game. This was the entire season.

Just another chapter in Dodgers failure. Man I love baseball.

The billion dollar superhero returns again. The city of Cincinnati thanks you!

Legend! :ty:

YES...THANK YOU KERSHAW...ONCE AGAIN!!! Last night vs. Colorado.......................

...22nd NO HITTER IN DODGER HISTORY!!!!!
...MISSED A PERFECT GAME BY 1 BATTER!!!!! (thanks Hanley) :facepalm:
...CAREER HIGH 15 K's!!!!!
...AND COMPLETED THE SWEEP OF THE ROCKIES!!!!!

He's definitely been back on his game, for the last month!!! And the Dodgers are creeping in on those Giants!!! Still early...but who knows??!!

YES...THANK YOU KERSHAW...ONCE AGAIN!!! Last night vs. Colorado.......................

...22nd NO HITTER IN DODGER HISTORY!!!!!
...MISSED A PERFECT GAME BY 1 BATTER!!!!! (thanks Hanley) :facepalm:
...CAREER HIGH 15 K's!!!!!
...AND COMPLETED THE SWEEP OF THE ROCKIES!!!
Amen to you. The OP, who is my Ignore list, will remain there.

And Tuesday night...he tossed another gem...in a 2-0 shutout of the Royals!!!

HE KEEPS IT GOING!!!

Sunday...7 innings..0 runs..5 hits..2BB..13K!!! Dodgers-6 Cards-0 Consecutive scoreless inning streak NOW AT 28!!!

After taking 3 of 4 from the Cards......Dodgers 47-37...Giants 46-36...virtual tie at the top of the NL West!!!

HE KEEPS IT GOING!!!

Sunday...7 innings..0 runs..5 hits..2BB..13K!!! Dodgers-6 Cards-0 Consecutive scoreless inning streak NOW AT 28!!!

After taking 3 of 4 from the Cards......Dodgers 47-37...Giants 46-36...virtual tie at the top of the NL West!!!
Orel Hershiser needs to watch out. Kershaw just might break his record for a consecutive scoreless inning streak (which belonged to Don Drysdale before Hershiser). :D

Orel Hershiser needs to watch out. Kershaw just might break his record for a consecutive scoreless inning streak (which belonged to Don Drysdale before Hershiser). :D

Just like talking about a no-hitter in the dugout...let's not put "the hex" on it!!! It's been a great run, so far...but he's not even half way there!!!

I remember watching Hershiser's streak...and how he finished it off by going 10 innings against the Padres!!! And then continued being nearly "unhittable" throughout the playoffs and World Series. He was scored upon...but I think it wasn't more than a run or two in any outing. I also can't recall, if during his streak, that all his starts were complete game shut outs. (to lazy to look it up) LOL!!! But I do know that Drysdale's WERE ALL complete game shutouts!!! That was 1968..."the year of the Pitcher"...no specialized relievers...and pitchers routinely had 35-40 starts and 25+ complete games ALL THE TIME!!! (same year Bob Gibson posted a 1.12 ERA, for the entire season!!)

Anyway...I digress. Hope Kershaw can keep it going...along with the rest of the Dodger staff!!! They all seem to be on a roll, at the moment...and with last night's 1-0 win over Cleveland...they crept into 1st place...by 1/2 game!!! (Giants were off) But like I said, earlier in this thread..."it's still early"!!!

In any case, that record passed from a Dodger (Drysdale) to another Dodger (Hershiser) and I hope that, when it is broken, it goes to another Dodger. Kershaw would be a good choice, IMO. :D

And the beat goes on!!!

Last night at Colorado...8 innings..0 runs..2 hits..2 BB..8 K!!! Dodgers 9 Rockies 0...consecutive scoreless inning streak at 36!!!

AND NOW...a 1-1/2 game lead on the Giants!!! (thank you Padres!!)

And the beat goes on!!!

Last night at Colorado...8 innings..0 runs..2 hits..2 BB..8 K!!! Dodgers 9 Rockies 0...consecutive scoreless inning streak at 36!!!

AND NOW...a 1-1/2 game lead on the Giants!!! (thank you Padres!!)
Amazing, isn't it? :bouncybou
In his last two starts against Colorado: 17IP, 0 runs, 0 earned runs, 2 hits, 2 BB, 23K
And Colorado has the highest team batting average in the Major Leagues, at .281, and the most runs scored in the NL at 424.

Unfortunately the streak ended at 41 2/3, last night!! One "hanging slider", with 2 out, in the 6th..and Chase Headley hit it out!!

BUT.....9 IP..1 R..3 H..2 BB..11 K...IN A COMPLETE GAME, 2-1 VICTORY, OVER THE PADRES!!!

Doesn't it figure, Dodger fans, that the streak would be stopped by the worst hitting team in baseball??!! :facepalm:

Congrats anyway, Clayton!!! Oh well...at least a "new streak" has started at 3 1/3!!! LOL!!!

Officially, fractional innings are not counting in pitchers' scoreless inning streaks, so it will go into the books as 41 innings.

More important, combined with the victory of Oakland over the team that I won't mention, that put us back into first place again, by one game. :bouncybou

I realize that "fractional innings" aren't counted, any more. (Drysdale's was actually 58 2/3)...but if they're gonna "take away" the fractions from a pitching streak (so to speak)...then why don't they take that into consideration when figuring ERA's and WHIP's?? It only seems logical, don't you think?? But then again...there are WAY TOO MANY stats, these days, anyway!!! (I believe "WAR" is one of the dumbest, yet!!!)

Kershaw lined up perfectly to start the All Star Game on Tuesday in Minnesota!

Was out of town, over the weekend...but still kept up on things. Following the Dodgers sweep ( AT SF!! )...they retook the lead in the NL West!!! Plus...with the Giants loss to Pittsburgh, last night...the lead increased to 2 games!!! Still a little more than 2 months to go...and should be tight race to the end!!!

Oh and BTW...(keeping this on topic)...Kershaw tossed a 2 hit shut out, at the "Gints"...on Sat.!!!

mils and I get to "compete" the next few days lol, because, as he knows, my Braves start a three game series at his Dodgers tonight. I was surprised to learn that while the Dodgers are very good on the road, they are only one game over 500 at home.

West Coast trips are historically very difficult for Eastern teams, so I know this series will not be easy for the Braves.

Looking forward to what could be a playoff preview between the Braves and Dodgers.

I always "fear" when the Dodgers play Atlanta or St. Louis. They never seem to fare well...BUT.....................................

...........................................Sorry...Braves fans...Dodgers take game 1...8-4!!!..........AND..........Pirates 3--Giants 1!!!

And just saw this on Sports Center, a few minutes ago!!!...Last night...Vin Scully announced he will return for a 66TH SEASON...next year!!!

Sorry again, Braves fans...last night...Dodgers 3--Braves 2 (10 inn.)

And back to topic...Tonight...Kershaw vs. Teheran!!! Could be a "pitcher's duel"!!!

What's New

6/4/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums. See who is meeting where and when!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back