• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The discussion thread.

Relent and wouldn't you like to play? You run games already.

Well, let's see. Everything pertaining to the last game is still up in the "Aygomen Glenn" subforum, so when everyone interested has a chance, that's a good a place as any to start if we're playing it through.
As a rough headcount for the starting campaign, we've got
Smoten
Feline
Myself (relent<)
a fellow I've PMed (in his own time)
Mrs Valerie (in her own time)
I'm still waiting on a few usual hold-outs, but we certainly have enough to get started, if everyone is comfortable with the scenario thus far. I'll attach a link to Aygomen Glenn for immediate reference from this thread, but if as many as this can stick to it, we shouldn't have much trouble getting the exposition off the ground.
Aygomen Glenn
http://tickletheater.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96
description of "the World" and "Ethnicities" are stickies at the top of the page.
as far as where the narrative has gone (essentially nowhere, but some situations can be used to set tickle scenes; and some character development for returning characters can be salvaged from them)
I've also taken the liberty of translating some of the relevant posts into a discussion thread there, for your convenience.

Vi- As far as villainizing your character goes, I like to think that the narrative almost requires a self-serving majority. Though sociability would certainly make an aspiring villainess that much more lethal. The issue that I think prevails is that everyone wants to do their own thing, and suddenly have all the resources at their disposal to do that at will without any hindrance. I'm thinking a remedy could be that everyone starts out with a limited amount of stuff, accounted for in a sort of revised character sheet format, which would hinder their ability to sequester themselves because basic necessities would HAVE to be bartered for. As a malcontent, it could be advantageous then to know how to scheme people out of their belongings.

Naturally.
Novel game mechanics (discussion)

So I recently mentioned in the discussion thread how I was conceiving of a mechanic which would force players to interact with each other. I’ll call it “island breaking” procedure.
The traditional character sheet is something to the effect of:
Name
Appearance
And backstory/origin has been replaced by “personality.”
I would like to make the following inclusions:
Class
Wealth/possessions.
Class would be available in three flavors: low, middle, and high (not royalty), and statistical attributes can be designated accordingly. For example, low class characters may have the disadvantage of wealth (there is a starting monetary amount for each class; as well as a limit to how many items you can start with) but this gives them a boost in such statistical fields as ingenuity, intelligence, etc. Just because you’re poor doesn’t mean you have to be dumb, but you also have the capacity of delegating these attributes toward physical strengths instead (dexterity for skilled labor, stamina for unskilled, etc). You may also incline yourself toward a performing class (“artist”) from any of the three classes, which will allot for statistical advantages in education (Education may then be broken down into literacy, mathematics, social—history, politics, current events—and “other.” “Other” will vary based on the career you’re pursuing. For instance, a clown can be educated in theatre (specifically comedy), whereas a manager might be well versed in finance. To that same token, you can claim “street smarts” for this category.
For high class, they start off with more money, but the same number of possessions at the beginning of the game. Advantages include a fully loaded education (math, lit, social and arts; but not “other” or “street smarts”). Where a low class player will have the “other” distinction for their performing arts, a high class person may choose a singular art form or craft; in this way, the low class player is more flexible in their skill set, but less proficient in any singular area. High class characters are presumed to have few to no labor skills, which is why this distinction has been made in their stats; however, this does not imply that their physical attributes are effected by class. The same number of points will be assigned for any character at the exposition, but they must be divided between attributes with some discretion to the character that is being constructed.
The middle class is a sort of mixed bag. You can choose street smarts, other, or arts: but not all three. The starting amount of money is not much more than the low class, and the starting number of possessions are the same.
I've outlined this in a less convoluted way in the "New Reference sheets 2012" thread in Aygomen Glenn. At this point, there can still be necessary tailoring; but once the game starts, it will be less difficult to fix anything anyone disagrees with so speak now or forever hold your peace.

I'm telling from the start I'm not writing as long notes as there are in the topics, maybe half of that when I have a good day. I don't have a patience nor skill for that. And I'm not reading everything thah happened in the RP untill now. I got hold of the world more or less and mechanics. Only I didn't get how the link betwen status and attributes work.
So we will be playing in the circus too?

Last edited:
It's fine if you dont want to catch up, youre coming in as a newcomer. Basically, you'll be blind to the less than obvious relationships between characters, but thats perfectly fine for this style of game. There is a certain degree of interpersonal detail that I'd like to make the game's secondary focus, so as long as you can keep up with the relationships that develop during and after you're entry point, you'll be profficient.
As for the statistical limitations, I tried to keep them fairly conservative. These numerical values are simply intended to keep players from having too much influence too early. For instance, a tent that had anything anyone could ever want; excluding of course any player who dabbled in the merchant class. And even in that capacity, their access to certain wares will be determined by their business. In a pinch, NPCs can be used, but I'd like to see what niches fill in by themselves with this group. Not just their possessions, but also their mental and physical capacities to prevent meta gaming and godmodding.

I played WoD, Savege Worlds, L5R, and well, many others I know why are numbers there for. I Don't get how in working class determines my attributes. :)
And about new relationships don't worry that I can keep track of with ease.

well working class or high class is determined by wealth and family, which will influence the accessibility of education. If someone is low class, education is less accessible but it doesn't mean that they're necessarilly stupid. Just as with a wealthy character, who has access to education and a number of other distractions, he will not necessarilly be intelligent outside of very basic knowledges. I didn't want anyone to feel so trapped in their social class that it would defeat the purpose of such an open-ended setting.
In any case, I had the middle class available so that there is still some degree of flexibility. Each of these attributes will can be added or increased during the game, but I'm trying to ensure a well-rounded cast at the exposition. If I've made any of the stipulations too stringent, let me know; at this phase they can still be tailored as necessary.

So it's kind of narration thing. How many skills can a player get on starting character?

Nothing terribbly extensive, I should think, but they're your points to distribute as you please. If you want to be a performer tradesman, it would be best to focus on one skill and do it well rather than spreading your attributes too thinly.
Physical stats are based on your character's weight. Mental stats are capped at 7.

how are things coming? is anyone having trouble with their sheet?

You can find the character sheet and fill it out here.

Since you asked, I'll give you a brief run through on how to go about doing that.

Name: Pretty self-explanatory; think of an interesting sounding name to call you're character.

Ethnicity:
You can read all about them here. Pick one.

Nationality: Pick a place to be from. You can find background history and geography of the world here, here, and here. (Unless I'm wrong and those are completely separate from the world we're playing in, in which case I'll kindly point you into the direction of this thread which further highlight's the setting we're playing in, but offers no other geographical descriptions. Relent< should be able to clear this contingency.)

Age: Come up with an age that best suites the character you want to play.

Sex:
Select the gender that best suites the character you want to play.

Height:
Think of a height that best suites the character you want to play.

Weight:Use your best judgement to come up with a reasonable weight to correspond with your character's height.

Class:
Pick one of the following that best suites the life style of the character you want to play:

Low class
- You are poor and barely scrape by.

Middle class - You are well off. You can support yourself and possibly your household.

High Class - You are wealthy and successful. You can afford luxurious things.

What your character does for a living or what best accurately describes what they do with their life.

Description:
Insert brief description of your character here.

Appearance:
What does your character look like?

Distinguishing Features: Does your character have tatoos, scars or a lazy eye? Perhaps they carry a peculiar trinket on the their person at all times? List anything that stands out of the ordinary here.

Possessions: What sort of stuff does your character own?

Attributes:
These are statistical values that represent how strong or weak you are in certain areas.

Education:
You have seven points to distribute amongst what skills you want your character to have.

Physical: Multiply your weight by 0.075 and that's how many points your character has to spend on these:

Strength: How strong you are.

Dexterity: How quick and agile you are.

Stamina:
How tough and enduring you.

Et cetera: Any other means to physically represent your character you can think of.

I hope that helps!

I know Im not much of a houshold name on this site, though the reason of my absence has been that I discovered the RP comunity of wich I rather not name, since Im still in the tickle-closet, so to speak.

Straight to the point, I have been rp'ing for 3 years now and are seriously thrilled to see that you are rebooting the rp thread! I promise to contribute fullhearted to this, and with your permission even perhaps hosting some events or minor arcs of my own.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back