• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Trailer For The "A Nightmare on Elm Street" Remake

JimmyBoy

TMF Expert
What do you think?

<a href='http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=63620005'>A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET</a><br/><object width='425px' height='360px' ><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'/><param name='wmode' value='transparent'/><param name='movie' value='http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=63620005,t=1,mt=video,searchID=,primarycolor=,secondarycolor='/><embed src='http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=63620005,t=1,mt=video,searchID=,primarycolor=,secondarycolor=' width='425' height='360' allowFullScreen='true' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent'/></object>

I was a big fan of the first one, but not the rest of the series, and I think this looks really good.

The guy playing Freddie, Jackie Earl Haley, was the kid who played Kelly (the cool kid with the motorcycle) in the Bad News Bears. But somewhere between then and now, he became an amazingly credible actor. He played the child molester in Little Children and was nominated for an Oscar, and he also played Rorschach in the Watchmen.

I was a big fan of the first one, but not the rest of the series, and I think this looks really good.

The guy playing Freddie, Jackie Earl Haley, was the kid who played Kelly (the cool kid with the motorcycle) in the Bad News Bears. But somewhere between then and now, he became an amazingly credible actor. He played the child molester in Little Children and was nominated for an Oscar, and he also played Rorschach in the Watchmen.

Ditto to everything Jeff said, although Nightmare on Elm Street 3 was pretty good and New Nightmare was very well done IMO :scream: I'm *really* hoping this is as good as it looks, the original was/is pretty special to us '70's/'80's kids and horror fans everywhere; I admit to my jaw clenching when I heard about a remake but I'm keeping an open mind...

(How many people over 30 thought "Jackie Earl Haley?? Really? Damn take me back to '78... :p )

Ehhh it looks good but with out Robert Englund it isn't the same .

For me the 3rd was the best but this new one does look promising.

Hmmmmmm....I'm sure I'll see it when it comes out. Robert Englund will be forever Freddy, but how many different actors played Dracula over the years? Haley might not be all that bad.

The thing I am worried about is its gonna be just like the Friday The 13th remake . Trailer looks good but the actual movie is a shitfest.

just me or did freddie look the the scarecrow from the batman movie (one before Dark knight)

Michael Bay isnt a good horror film director, his friday the 13th sucked and im sure this will be the same story different horror icon

Well, look at it this way: if the movie tanks, in 10-20 years, Hollywood will be more than happy to re-make it again. They have no more fresh ideas, so re-makes are their main bread-and-butter these days.

That and superhero movies.

Dang there's some Pessimistics up in here...

I agree Englund will always be THE Freddy, but I'm willing to give JEH a chance, and I'm hard to please with new casting; I'm that stubborn wench who wouldn't even acknowledge any non-Connery Bonds until Daniel Craig blew me away...:cool2:

(Non-Con, get it? HAR! :manicd: )

If it doesn't have Johnny Depp's blood and guts erupting like a geyser from within his bed, I'm not interested.

I totally want to see this. And, yeah, its disappointing Freddy isn't going to be played by Robert Englund but I'll give the other dude a shot.

I noticed he said, "what do you think I did? I didn't do anything" in the preview. Perhaps they might emphasize a story line about whether or not the parents killed an innocent Kruger?

The original is still one of my all time favorites so I was really pissed at a remake, but I'm glad with the group they got, Haley especially. Like Jeff said, he's an amazing actor. I think the preview looks really good, and I'm just happy it does. Time will tell, but I would have been pissed if they half assed it.

That being said, is any one else amused that he sounds like Karl from Slingblade? "I'm goin' to cut ya up with my glove, then I'd like ya ta'fix me some of those that there french fried taters and biscuits, mmm hmmmm" :jester:

I never really liked him. Even as a kid he made Freddy more funny than scary.

That was in the writing, not the performance.

just me or did freddie look the the scarecrow from the batman movie (one before Dark knight)

Michael Bay isnt a good horror film director, his friday the 13th sucked and im sure this will be the same story different horror icon

Michael Bay isn't the director. He's a producer.
And he didn't direct the Friday the 13th remake either. (plus, that remake was the best Friday the 13th movie to come out since the original 4, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.)

Anyway.
I think this looks very promising.
And if anybody can take the reins from Robert Englund, I think Jackie Earle Haley can do it. Watchmen gave me a great deal of faith in him.

that looks very good makes me want to see it now but still aint the same with out robert england no one can relplace him

looks nothing like the original wish they would have done his face like that sucks it has changed so much but only time will tell we will see how it turnes out
picture.php

If it doesn't have Johnny Depp's blood and guts erupting like a geyser from within his bed, I'm not interested.

:roflmao:

But wow, the trailer looks as creepy as f*ck. Good thing I'm not really a fan of horror flicks. :scared:

Nightmare 3 really was good IMO, but the original was something special. Though there were a few things I would have changed (including a very weak performance by johnny depp), it's hard to argue in favor of a remake. i also personally think it's better not to know what he looked like when he was alive.

that being said, i'll see it.

I think Robert Englund's performance is way down on the list of things that would be lacking in the modern version.

And, his face tends to look different, even within the same movie

That's just what I DON'T want to see. I do not want to see a remake that is exactly like the first NOES. I think Robert Englund IS Freddy Krueger, I am very willing to give Jackie Earle Haley a chance. I thought he was incredible as Rorshach in Watchmen. I want to see a movie that is different than the original Elm St. movie. I am hoping it's not too similar to the first movie, but I am not holding my breath.

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back