• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling and Christianity

I"m a strong Christain, I love tickling. I have my boundaries so that it doesn't venture beyond tickling and tickling is a great way to vent off pent-up emotion and yes hormones, for someone that is saving themselves until marriage. Anybody that has a problem with that has a problem with that has a problem with that has a problem with me and they can take that up with me directly.
When I first came on this forum, I had many struggles regarding tickling vs. religion. But, I came to the conclusion that it shouldn't be a problem as long as you keep it non-sexual or within the confines of marriage. And never let it take the place of God. That's the most important thing.
End of story.

crydun, Standing On the Promises of Her Savior:eek:

I'm glad that some people have managed to come out from under the oppressive umbrella and feel comfortable with their spirituality and tickling together. As I'm sure most of you who have read my religios posts before know, I have a lot to say abvout this subject.

Spirituality is vitally important in my opinion. I genuinely think that people need a spiritual side, to really grow, in some ways. Religion however, is the most evil, blighted, warped and fundementally illogical and unfair institution on the face of the planet.

There is nothing that destroys evil and drives back the darkness than pure, unbridled love. There is nothing in the world that prevents love more than religion. Whatever particular religion we're talking about, it was created purely with the idea of containing true, human spirituality by heaping vast amounts of guilt, anguish and self doubt on the worshipper. This idea of tickling being evil is hugely typical. Forget the tickling for a second; what some people of faith are actually suffering from, is guilt induced by the fact that they're actually doing something they find erotic. (In most cases.) Cue instant feelings of guilt and being unworthy in the sight of God. I'm not going to go into how historically and unlogically unsound every major religion is here, I've ripped them to pieces in enough other threads; I'll just say a few pertinent things on guilt.

As I said, love is the greatest destroyer of human misery and evil that exists. When it is allowed to flow unchecked between people who aren't crippled by this deeply imbalanced guilt complex, it it the most powerful force that a human being is capable of channeling. I believe it's the same thing with this "you must only ever "do it" with one person" bollocks. I'm not reccomending a sexual orgy or anything, that's cheapening. But saying that you should only ever sexually interact with one other expression of humanity in your life, is another wonderful way of keeping people in perpetual guilt and fear.

The bottom line is, that the people here find tickluing erotic and when you do it with the person you're closest to, it is one of the easiest way of creating great positive energy. There is NOTHING to feel guilty or fearful about when doing that! The reason that there is so much of those two emotions assosciated with acts like this, is a bloody good reason for there being so much misery and grief in the world. It's amazing just how powerful and individual it makes you feel, to step out from behind the oppression that conventional religion lays on your shoulders. There is NO good reasno for feeling that way.

LOL

Even MOSES couldn't part this river of BULLS**T!!!!

This is some bible thumpin'!! :)

I try to remember that Christianity is Not a religion, it's a relationship with Jesus Christ, who saved my soul from the pit of hell. and, I believe, he wants me to be happy. and tickling makes me happy!!! End of story.

Standing On the Promises,

crydun

Yup, that about sums it up right there!
Good to see a normal Christian and not an evangelical one :)

Stitch62679 said:
Yup, that about sums it up right there!
Good to see a normal Christian and not an evangelical one :)

Amen to that brother!

On a side note Crydun, did you ever read any of those threads about the origins of religions?

As I expected...

Thank you all for your thoughts and words. Thanks especially to del and Sunrise for your responses. You both have a quiet confidence that is great to interact with.

I am, if you didn't infer, a protestant (specifically Presbyterian Church of America) Christian, although honestly, the denomination does not matter. The intent of my question was to figure out the balance between this incredible passion of tickling and all of its manifestations (including sexual) and the danger of turning it into a personal idol that (can) stand as a stumbling block to my own sanctification. It is frustrating that my own marriage is not an accepting environment of tickling and therefore I do feel "guilty" searching for the satisfaction of this intense desire everywhere else but where it would be best, in my own marriage. I have never gone down the road of adultery and never will but the frustration is sometimes larger than life--when I don't choose my attitude of letting it be no big deal.

Sorry to ramble but you all have given me a lot of encouragement and wisdom and I just wanted to clarify where I was coming from.

BTW-46and2/Amnesiac--Wow, I don't know what to say. Glad I opened up a forum for you. Amnesiac--and please don't think I'm patronizing-but my prayer for you is that God will reveal Himself to you in such a way that you are undone by who He is. Whether you want to accept it or not you are His creation. Of course, I would love to speak with you about this more if you want, although I doubt I can match your command of argument!:p

Thanks again, everyone,
JP

I'm glad to hear someone who doesn't hold to denominations. I've seen some serious seperatist emotions come from some people I know here in the real world, lol, and it's nice to see a Christian who's open :)

AMEN, YOU ARE FREE !

As long as you have a relationship with God you can sin as much as you like. Those with strong faith in Christ are free to do all things that make them happy.
Jesus wants you to be happy even in your sin.
If it makes you happy do it because God created you to feel happy.
The Devil makes people happy too.

If you must tickle before marriage have a word of prayer before the tickle session to drive out the demons of fleshly lust.
This way as you tickle her naked sensitive armpits you will not think of stroking her nipples until they are erect and hard.
As your finger dances aroung her naked belly button pray silently so that you do not think of massaging her warm wet virgina.
As you stroke her soft soles exercise your faith so that you do not desire to suck her toes.
As you tickle her neck say; "get behind me Satan" if you feel tempted to kiss her lips.
As your hands glide down her back lift your eyes to heaven so that you do not think of cupping her shapely buttocks in you palms.

First of all a statement to others whom have commented about this thread:
There were some statements made regarding bible thumping (given, I don’t know whether they were directed at me or not, but I would like to clear something up, just in case), I’m not trying to do that. I’m mereley responding to points stated against Christianity by my friend Amnesiac. I’m not attempting to tamper with anyones current beliefs or shove a doctrine down anyones throat. Hope you all understand ;)
P.S. And for the record I think tickling is ok with God in or outside of marriage.

Anyways:

” Maybe the culture that we have NOW are the insecure ones. What I'm entertaining are the POSSIBILITIES. If it WERE possible to have a happy, fulfilling recreational sex life without religious/marital connotations, then why not go for it?”

You’re right on this. And I do believe some people have fullfilling sex lives outside of marriage, but they normally remain faithfull to one partner. I’ve yet to meet a stable individual whom does not. If it is possible I haven’t seen it work yet.

“It would then be fun to chastise God for not mentioning that such a thing was possible in the first place.”

Oh you naughty boy! ;)

”That's the thing about fragility: I don't like it (maybe others do, so I won't get on them). It prevents me from handling shit that comes my way, or it interferes with my ability to do EVERYTHING myself.”

I don’t like being fragile anymore then you do, I wish I could handle everything that comes my way and maintain a stiff upper-lip. But the truth is that we all are in some way, and we all have a hole in our armor no matter how reinforced we make it.

“And taking your view into this matter, God made people fragile...so they mostly need the help of others, INCLUDING him. So he designed flaws so that we would always come running to him. Mechanics do this to your car so you have to keep coming back to them. It's called profiteering. And it's illegal because it's exploitive of another person's weakness.”

Why do we have flaws now? If you don’t have flaws how can you overcome them? Is a life with nothing to gain and nothing to lose from the get-go, worth any kind of reward? If it takes absoloutley nothing to gain a reward then that reward becomes useless to you, and is mereley an object (doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be more then happy to win the lottery ;)). I guess it’s also debateable that this might be a human flaw as well. I, however, consider it to be one of the greatest human traits there is.

” This one was my fault. I wasn't clear enough. Just because I said that people like this can exist didn't mean that they should be RECKLESS (oh nononononono!) Recklessness is what gets everyone into trouble! Yes it is harmful if you aren't careful, but that doesn't mean it can't EVER work...but God hasn't said that has he? Things that make ya go "Hmmmmmmmmm..."”

No you were perfectly clear, my bad actually, I made my point poorly. What I was trying to say is that if you play with a bomb, no matter how carefull you are with it, you run the risk of blowing yourself up and probably will. I’ve never met a human being that didn’t have a streak of recklessness. And what I was trying to get across with the example of my friend who got HIV, was that wolves wear sheeps clothing all the time, case in point: this guy said he loved her to get her in the sack, had a disease, promptly stopped calling her after they slept together, and yes they used a condom, but not properly. There are people in the world whom are negligent and then there are sociopaths. This guy fell into the latter category. Of course I’m not saying that people who know how to “swing” carefully will always run into someone like that, and I’m not judgeing those who do, I just can’t ignore the danger involved, and the biblical mentionings make sense to me in that context.

”I was referring to abstracts. Potentials. Things like recreational sex, non-marital tickling, other things that aren't God-endorsed that are fun but not necessarily harmful. If you give that up just to get to Heaven, then it all goes to waste. All that potential that is allowed by the laws of physics goes to waste because it never gets used.”

The point I’m making is that if it’s not harmful it is “God-endorsed”. Non-marital tickling is not a problem scripturally or otherwise, that would fall into the categorey of the sins good old humanity made-up, that aren’t in the bible. It all depends on intent. Waste? If it was a tool to teach you with, everything being a learning process of the spirit, even if you aren’t on the path of his word in this life, even if this world ends, how is it a waste?

”Here's a point I've never made but have always wanted to. Why do you Christians look to Heaven as the ultimate goal? Everybody talks about it like its "the Promised Land...gotta get there!" And everyone's so fast to do everything they can to get there, mostly because of what's promised. Sounds like a bribe to me. I don't care HOW good it sounds, the whole principle of being rewarded in some extravagant way for a lifetime of servitude sounds a bit corrupt to me. Y'know, if we have to give up certain luxuries to get to Heaven, why even bother making the luxuries in the first place? It's inefficient.”

I don’t think heaven is eternal bliss. I think of it as a higher state of being, learning, and consciousness. Where we are actually developed enough to stop hurting one another, and are also incapeable of hurting ourselves. I wouldn’t want “Bliss-On-Tap” as quoted by Lucifer in “Devil’s Advocate”. I think that would be inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible. I don’t know.………sounds like a wonderful place to me. I don’t see why you wouldn’t want to go there. As for the aforementioned “luxuries”, I think that falls into the categorey of tools to teach us with. If you don’t give them up here you will in the next life. Which also leads me to ask you a question: What’s the point of death if there is no other place to go to? Why would we die at all? What purpose would it serve? What place would you prefer to go to when you die?

“I'm not even talking about the destruction of Earth. If I spend my life doing good things to get to Heaven, even if that means avoiding action that could solve Earth's problems, I may get to Heaven but that still leaves a lot of people on Earth with a lot of problems...and those problems might just cost them a ride on the Heavenly Express. Now, that seems quite selfish of me to leave shit behind for others to deal with when I could have gotten rid of it myself by breaking the rules.”

This is kind of inconsistent with Gods word, there is nothing I know of in the bible that would be oppossed to you solving the earths problems, in fact you would be more at fault in Gods eyes if you used the Bible as an excuse not to do the right thing. I don’t see how scripture teaches you to do what you’re mentioning, please explain why you feel that way.

“Good question. But he created the flaws in humans that made us get to the point to making the mistakes that fuck up the world. And since he KNEW what would happen, that makes him partly responsible.”

Perhaps you are right about him being partially responsible. We were perfect at one time, we lost it and created our own flaws, even if he did see the future and knew what would come of it he thought we deserved the benefit of the doubt regardless, he allowed us to make that decision for ourselves, allowed us to see if we could better ourselves through self-discovery, because in the long run it has to be proven to us that we do need him.

“Yeah, you can say that he warns us all the time, but that still doesn't make us NATURALLY stronger...doesn't make our brain physiology more capable of dealing with confusion or poor impulse control...it just makes us ignore it. Doesn't make it go away though, and everbody has a breaking point, some less than others.”

Nope it doesn’t make us naturally stronger. We make the choice to ignore our problems or face them. Some people aren’t as strong as others, and some have a small breaking point. Your will and the strength of it all comes down to how much of a shit you really give and how willing you are to give up. We choose to bend over and take it in the ass from our situation, or we choose not to accept it and face it head on, whatever it might be (or die in the process.) That’s what seperates winning from loseing.

”Again, I dunno. If all these pleasures are mediocre and not as good, what the fuck are they DOING here?! Why are they here for us to waste our time on?! Seems like you could get from point A to B a lot quicker without them.”

They are here so we can do one of two things: let them distract us and rule our lives, or practise control and discipline over them. Knowledge without strength is useless and vice-versa. If there is nothing to overcome to receive a reward then the reward is useless. Besides why would God not want us to have any fun while we were down here?

”What about sin? Isn't that baggage that you accumulated in the world? That doesn't seem to go away, not according to the literature.”

No your right, it doesn’t go away until God cleanses your spirit of it. Which removes any and all impurities the world has placed upon it. If your not cleansed in this life, you are in the next, noone eternally suffers. Find yourself a literal translation of the Greek and Hebrew in the Bible and you might agree with me, you won’t find “eternal” or “punishment” in the same sentence I promise you.

”In a way it kind of would be. It would have meant that I spent a lot of time and a lot of work on a plane of existence that doesn't even matter in the long run.”

It matters if it’s necessary for our spiritual growth.

“ It seems kind of like that, where on Earth you;re put through hell so that you eventually grow in some way...but that doesn't make it a good thing. If humans put God through a trial like that, we'd wind up in Cocytus SOOOOOOO fast! But if he does it to us, we should forget how pissed we would be at all the suffering we went through and just be happy. If I found that out at the end I would BEAT HIS ASS!”

I guess that depends on whether or not you think your being put through hell. Also depends on whether you think he is to blame for it. We were perfect earlier in this life, we wanted to separate ourselves from him, people who get hit by a drunk driver don’t normally blame the manufacturer of the car, they blame the guy driving the car. Every manufacturer knows that someone driving their vehicle will eventually die in a car accident, does that make them responsible for people killing each other with it? God allows us to make our choices because he respects us. I wouldn’t want it any other way. Just like a consumer might not be happy with the a dealer saying “I can’t sell it to you because you might get into a car wreck.” And you’d be right by saying “we didn’t ask to buy this piece of junk, and we can’t get a refund after 30 days”, but the first car your parents give you is a piece-of-shit and when you grow up and make your own way you can bye the Mercedes with all the deluxe features you always wanted, except when speaking eternally it never breaks down. People cause each other to suffer for two reasons: Their own selfish desires entice them to, or there is a little fallen angel pulling their strings through seduction. And besides how do you know he (God) never had to be put through the same thing, to get to where he is? It’s not written because it doesn’t really matter, but I think he would have to know us before creating us don’t you?

”In a way yes, because he would know that he was behind it all. He rigged the game, he fixed the plays, so he knows that all these people are happy because of HIM. He made people happy, he saved them, he's the one who gets the praise. Sounds like an egomaniac of untold proportions.”

If that were the case I don’t think he would of given us any kind of will whatsoever, we would all have “Bliss-On-Tap” in heaven right now and thanking him for it and earth and it’s limitations wouldn’t be here at all. He would of simply killed Lucifer, and had it over with. If he had the ego you speak of he wouldn’t have allowed us to walk away from him. He also would of given Adam and Eve a smack on the hand and a “don’t do that again”, instead of what they wanted: the freedom to sin if they so desired.

"We may get happy, but he gets the credit, and the merit. Sounds like in the end we get bupkis either way, but are happy about it...is THAT really what it's all about? being happy? Is that the limit of our vision or experience?"

Lol! I certainley hope not, I’ve already told you what I think heaven is.

”GOD: Of course, the advice will be cryptic and vague and mostly told in the form of parables, so it won't be easy, you'll have to figure it out.”

If you read them you wouldn’t find anything cryptic or vague about them, they are pretty simple and easy to understand actually.

“MAN:...well, what if I don't have a lot of time to figure it out.”
We have eternity to figure it out, even if we don’t do so on this earth.

“MAN: Oh, I see...uh, this fun thing? Is it always in the Holy Spirit?”

Well the best parts of it are, but fun doesn’t always mean speaking in toungues and prayer, there are other ways we can have fun, he doesn’t ask us to spend everywakeing moment thinking about him. As long as we aren’t harming others or ourselves in the process we're not sinning.

”MAN: Well...is there any joy that isn't part of the Holy Spirit that ISN'T harmful or sinful? Y'know, kind of in-between stuff?”

”GOD: Well....uh...technically...yes, there is.”

”MAN: What's wrong with that?”

”GOD: Well...I don't really endorse that kind of thing y'see? It's not something I'm a part of so I'd just-“

”MAN: You mean, since you;re not behind it, you don't want us to do it.”

Him being behind it has nothing to do with it. There is fun that hurts you, and there’s fun that doesn’t.

”MAN: Well I mean that's pretty stupid to say that. I mean if there's swing sets out there that don't say "God, Inc." on them but are STILL safe, why can't we play on them? Just because you didn't make them?”

God’s law only covers the harmful stuff; if it can’t hurt us then there isn’t a law against it.

”MAN: Yeah, but why does EVERYTHING gotta do that? Can;t you have fun for the sake of having fun? I mean, just because you create something doesn't mean everything's all about you. David Mamet creates his plays that doesn't mean he's gotta be in every scene or every action has to revolve around him!”

Your right, and God doesn’t expect that of us, everything we do doesn’t have to revolve aound him, he asks for very little of our time.

”D.A.: Now then, why do you claim that you are blameless in the death of little Cindy Marvell?

GOD: Because I gave her fair warning.

D.A.: Fair warning? None of the eyewitnesses can place you at the scene at the time she was struck down and killed by the bus on that day. How are you exempt from culpability?

GOD: *sigh* I had warned Cindy long ago to watch out for buses and cars when she crossed the street. She obviously didn't listen.

D.A.: The bus in question had faulty brake lines. Not only that, but the driver has been implicated in many cases of reckless driving and indicates that he did not see Cindy as she crossed the street.

GOD: Hey, I TOLD her to look out for buses, that means all buses: big buses, little buses, runaway buses, buses driven by reckless drivers. Not my fault.

D.A.: The eyewitnesses have told us that Cindy did look both ways before she ventured out.

GOD: She obviously wasn't looking hard enough or else she wouldn't have been hit.

D.A.: God, I would like to remind you that Cindy was blind her left eye, a birth defect that YOU installed upon her before birth. She looked both ways, but was nevertheless incapable of seeing out of the one eye that could have spared her.

GOD: Then she should have compensated for it. I did my job.

D.A.: During this accident that you saw coming, did you at any time try to pull her out of the way?

GOD: Nope. I gave her a warning, and she obviously didn't listen. I don't do your work for you.

D.A.: That falls under "depraved indifference to human life", Mr. Jehovah.

DEFENSE: Objection your honor! Page 83, section 5, subsection 9, paragraph 12, verses 3-15 of the Biblical law clearly indicate that my client, upon providing adequate council in advance to dependant renders him immune to any and all prosecution or blame for any circumstance that may befall the subject.

D.A.: A book that the defendant WROTE your honor!

GOD: Hey, it's gooooooood to be the king.”

You’re failing to place accountability on the public transit system for not checking their brakelines. God didn’t invent buses. And what was wrong with ears that she couldn’t hear the bus coming, was she def as well? And why were her parents allowing her to cross the street on her own if she couldn’t navigate them herself? Was she sneaking out? I know this is just an analogy you’re making, but you can’t remove human accountability for pre-mature death. And besides what makes you so sure that God didn’t warn her in some way? Or her parents? Or the Driver?

”God is talking to a Man as he ascends the Stairway to Heaven (no Zeppelin playing, surprisingly).

MAN: So this is it huh?

GOD: Yes it is. Been waiting a while for it eh?

MAN: Oh yeah. Long time. Worked hard to get here.

GOD: Ah, you were a good man, you were a shoo-in a long time ago.

MAN: I was?

GOD: Mmm-hmmm.

MAN: Well that's good. What's waiting for me up there?

GOD: Peace, love, enlightement and joy.

MAN: Ah, that's swell. Hey, uh, I got a question.

GOD: Shoot.

MAN: Back down there, I was still working on my house...y'know the one I'd been saving for forty years to get? Well, I didn't finish it and I was wondering, will that be up there waiting for me? I got some ideas about the new roof-"

GOD: Oh nonononono, you won't have to worry about that up here.

MAN: What? You mean it's not there?

GOD: Of course not.

MAN: Why not?!

GOD: You;re in Heaven, you won't need it anymore.

MAN: Won't NEED it? I never got the chance to USE it!

GOD: Why does that matter?

MAN: Why does-!? I spent forty years saving up for that house! I worked two jobs while going to school to get my degree to get a career to make the money to GET that house! My wife LEFT me because she said I was neglecting her, when REALLY all I was doing was working to get the money to BUILD that house for us! I lost sleep, money, my wife, my friends and forty years of my life for that house and now I can't even have it?! I wasn't even DONE with the fucking thing!

GOD: That-That's all behind you now, that is an Earthly thing, it's all left behind-

MAN: You damn RIGHT it;s left behind! That's my house dammit! The thing I've been working for!

GOD: You've left it behind for something better!

MAN: What's better?!

GOD: Peace, love, joy-

MAN: I know, you told me! You said I was gonna get that anyway if I was gonna get up here because I was a good man! I did'n HAVE to do all of what I did to get up here and I STILL would have gotten that! What about the 40 years I slaved away that I didn't have to? What about that?

GOD: It built character, it made you stronger in spirit.

MAN: No, it built my house! Don't I get any fucking compensation for that?! I want my life back dammit, I want something for those 40 years!”

Frankly this man would be a moron if he didn’t see that he couldn’t build as many houses as he pleased on the other side. And besides if he wanted to build that house, maybe he should of looked for a better job so he could buy it sooner, don’t you think if it was so important to him that he sacrificed his relationship with his wife, that he would of found a way? And besides the house (finished or not) is on earth, and he is in heaven. I sincerley doubt he would care at that point. If he used a little common sense he might of known that he would be close to dieing by the time he bought the house anyway, so I wouldn’t see what he’d be complaining about.

Anyway:

”Another man steps forward.

MAN 2: You won't get it.

MAN: Who are you?

MAN 2: Eh, hellbound castoff.”

Is the hell your reffering to Tarturus (Prison of the Nephilium), Sheol (The Abode of the dead), Gehenna (The Jerusalem City Dump), or Hadees (Unseen)? Or do you believe all the unbiblical and twisted paintings of what it looks like and all the myths are the same hell that the bible speaks of?

”MAN: Shit. What for?

MAN 2: Ah, technicality. Slept around without getting married.

MAN: Oh, broke a lot of hearts?

MAN 2: Not really, I just...didn't get married. No one ever bitched to me about anything.”

Let’s say hypothetically that this guy caused no damage to anyone, or himself (which I don’t think is possible) by doing what your mentioning, don’t you think God would understand what makes this man work, and see him through it? Or do you think he would cast him off and say, “Sorry you fucked up”. Maybe other Christians have painted this picture for you, but it’s not the God I know.

”GOD: Hey, I told you that was against the rules and you didn't listen, so you got what you deserved.

MAN 2: Yeah, but I didn't hurt anybody, that's gotta count for something.

GOD: Doesn't matter, it's against the rules and that's what counts.”

Uh-uh, for it to be against the rules he would have had to harm someone, even if he didn’t he’s capable of being forgiven even after death.

”MAN 2: Yeah, but that's a rule that doesn't make sense...it doesn't accomplish anything except uniformity.

GOD: I don't have to explain myself to you, sinner.

MAN 2: See, here's the thing I don't get.

MAN: What?

MAN 2: You got all this stuff going down on Earth right? And we got all these frailties that influence what we do right?

MAN: Right.

MAN 2: Now glowrod here says that we have to do all these things in order to get to Heaven. But he doesn't get rid of the things that get in our way, he just tells us to ignore the shit, as though we could make it go away if we want to, right?”

The things that get in our way, and how we deal with them proves what kind of people we really are. And no you don’t have to do all these things to get to heaven, you can do everything in the book with no love in your heart for Christ and still be no more blameless then Chris Farley and John Belushi. God forgives us our sins, and helps us to understand ourselves when we die. Some of us are in need of more learning when the time comes and some of us are not. Those whom are truly punished are those whom have had a life full of punishing others (Hitler comes to mind), and even these are temporary or “age-during” if you want a literal translation.

”MAN 2: What I don't get is...if you take 1000 people and put 'em on Earth with all these frailties, not all of 'em are gonna make it back to Heaven, may case in point. So why bother putting them on Earth in the first place? Why not cut your losses and leave Earth out of the equation, just keep everybody here and keep all 1000 people? It's inefficient.”

We all do make it back to heaven according to the doctrine I believe in. It’s only a matter of how quickly.
Peace
-Phil

Last edited:
What it all comes down to in the end, is what your idea of sinning is. My idea of sinning is to perform an action that creates negative feelings in someone else or myself. (Hey, self destructiveness is a sin too!:D) A lot of people on this board however, believe it's a sin to be constrictive of their true, in-born (or possibly pubescently aquired) inclinations. Now some people's inclinations would be sinful to follow, because they harm or upset someone else. The best example of this is paedophilia. Someone has the sexual urge to interfere with a child, but lacks the personal character to not follow it.

There are many ways that an inclination to be a ler/lee can be followed without generating any negative emotion for anyone involved. On the contrary, it can generate VERY positive ones instead. So you either use your own instinct and senses to work out what is negative or positive, or you give away your mind to something that is at the very best, 90% fiction, and allow your life and personal growth to drown underneath an avalanche of guilt and fear. Despite the best efforts of fascism and communism together, this is and will always be a free world. And that freedom has got to include the right to give away your individuality and freedom if you so desire. Whatever descision anyone here makes, I wish them the very best at living with it; conventionally faithful and free spirit alike.

I KNEW this was gonna be FUN!

Ah, 46and2, you play a good game (and throw some pretty mean lefts and rights) but now you are about to despair, for you see...

Dun-dun-DUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNHHHHHHHH!

I think I have beaten you now! *maniacal laughter ensues*

Why do we have flaws now? If you don’t have flaws how can you overcome them? Is a life with nothing to gain and nothing to lose from the get-go, worth any kind of reward? If it takes absoloutley nothing to gain a reward then that reward becomes useless to you, and is mereley an object

Reward? Does this mean the mortal coil is done in pursuit of a GOAL? Hmmmmmmmm?! Sounds rather materialistic, even in a spiritual way. Besides, maybe it could be argued that the reward can be used to rationalize the suffering one endures, no matter how unfair.

A racer has just won his trophy. He is battered, bruised, beaten and his legs have broken, but he's ecstatic.

RACER: I WON! I WON! YES!

GUY in CROWD: Yeah, way to go! You got it didn't ya? And after all that running too...gee, ya didn't even slow down when life clubbed you in the head did ya...or, or when circumstance tripped you and knocked out your front teeth...remember when situation sodomized you? I thought you were done for there. But you got your trophy! Yay! Of course, you can't run anymore now...because, y'know, your legs are broken and...probably won't heal completely...but HEY! It was worth it wasn't it?

RACER:...awww.....FUCK!

Waste? If it was a tool to teach you with, everything being a learning process of the spirit, even if you aren’t on the path of his word in this life, even if this world ends, how is it a waste

Think of it this way. If the tool cripples you in the process of teaching, then you'll never be back at 100%...which means that you may not be able to use the lesson as best as you could before the "injury"...which can not only curtail your ability to complete your learning process, but the results of which can set you up for unpleasant "cleansing" that you probably wouldn't need if you hadn't been hurt.

Norm McDonald in bed with a broken arm. Life stands next to him. They discuss a life lesson Norm has just learned.

NORM: Wow, that was...that was SOME lesson, boy I'll tell ya.

LIFE: Yeah, a real doozy.

NORM: Is it always that hard for other people?

LIFE: No, not really. I was as surprised as you were.

NORM: Well, as long as I learned something, that's what counts right?

LIFE: That's it, that's the spirit! Find the best in it.

NORM: Yeah, yeah, that's what counts! Y'know, even if you DID break my arm in the process...yeah...yeah, y'know I thought you were just gonna, y'know twist it a little or, maybe squeeze it, or, or any other kind of pain in small amounts...yeah, but you...you just broke the whole thing. Wow, that's uh...that's somethin' I'll tell ya what.

And what I was trying to get across with the example of my friend who got HIV, was that wolves wear sheeps clothing all the time, case in point: this guy said he loved her to get her in the sack, had a disease, promptly stopped calling her after they slept together, and yes they used a condom, but not properly. There are people in the world whom are negligent and then there are sociopaths

First of all, I'm NOT making light of your friend's ordeal (even I'M not THAT wrong). But is it too much to research a person's past and get a blood test from them before you do anything with them? Or is that WAY too extreme a measure in the social world and normally people don't go that far?

And if someone is a sociopath (someone with no conscience through no choice of their own), then...isn't God responsible for that?

Sociopath at judgment. God reviewing case.

GOD: Alright, after reviewing your case, I have to send you away for a bit. Here's your damnation papers.

SCPTH: Can I ask a question first?

GOD: Sure.

SCPTH: I REALLY don't wanna go through the whole punishment thing.

GOD: Well, you did all those things and I'm afraid that's what happens.

SCPTH: yeah but-..you said my actions were unconscionable right?

GOD: Yes, yes I did.

SCPTH: I don't know if you picked this up, but I don't HAVE a conscience...you didn't give me one, remember?

GOD: Oh yeah...I did, didn't I? Too bad, so sad, write me when you get out.

SCPTH: Hey! You set me up on this whole thing! I never had a chance!

GOD: (patting head) GOOD BOY! YOU THO THMART!

SCPTH: You FUCKER!

If you don’t give them up here you will in the next life. Which also leads me to ask you a question: What’s the point of death if there is no other place to go to? Why would we die at all? What purpose would it serve? What place would you prefer to go to when you die?

I'd prefer complete oblivion; to not exist in any way shape or form. That way I don't have to answer to anybody or owe anybody anything. As for why we die, the best answer I can think of comes from an episode of Bablyon 5, in the words of Lorien, the oldest being in the universe (and a better idea of God than any I've heard of)

"At first we were kept in balance by birth rate...then I think the universe decided that to appreciate life, for there to be change and growth, life had to be short...so those who followed us grew old, infirmed and died....To live on as we have is to leave behind joy and love and companionship because we know it to be transitory: of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can believe that love is eternal."

We were perfect at one time, we lost it and created our own flaws, even if he did see the future and knew what would come of it he thought we deserved the benefit of the doubt regardless, he allowed us to make that decision for ourselves, allowed us to see if we could better ourselves through self-discovery, because in the long run it has to be proven to us that we do need him.

This sounds sinister. As a being with precognition, he'd know what would happen. Tell me, as a mortal, which is more FUN? Letting your opponent go and taking solace in the knowledge that you are right? Or letting them think they've won knowing that they'll come crawling back to you? By the way, I'm going to remember that "created our own flaws" line for future reference (bwahahahahahaha!)

He also would of given Adam and Eve a smack on the hand and a “don’t do that again”, instead of what they wanted: the freedom to sin if they so desired.

From what I can remember, God found out that they ate the fruit, and then said "Okay! Everybody out of the pool!". Even though he knew they had been duped...AFTER they told him of course.

this man would be a moron if he didn’t see that he couldn’t build as many houses as he pleased on the other side. And besides if he wanted to build that house, maybe he should of looked for a better job so he could buy it sooner, don’t you think if it was so important to him that he sacrificed his relationship with his wife, that he would of found a way?

The point of this argument was that the man was going to get what he was going to get in the first place, so why was he not compensated for all the work he did that he wasn't paid for already? If you agree to do a job and you fall and break your legs, is it enough that they pay you for the job and say "there ya go?" You were going to get paid for the job whether you broke your legs or not, so what about the compensation? And another thing: Anybody who belongs to the world will tell you that just because you look and work towards a better job doesn't mean you'll get it.

We all do make it back to heaven according to the doctrine I believe in. It’s only a matter of how quickly

Which means that the entire journey of life is pointless. Because if you start at point A before life and end at point A after life...you end up right back where you started from.

That's not a journey...THAT'S A CIRCLE! It doesn't GO anywhere!

Everything you learned on the journey doesn't matter because you'd never go anywhere with it except back where you started from. Also, doesn't that seem sinister to you? Because, with all the cleansing and after-life forgiveness that happens after death...then all your humanity is stripped away. That means that all free will was was a toy that you got to play with for a while, but never get to keep.

God puts you on Earth...to create your individuality...only to burn it away with the afterlife cleansing when you go back to being someone who thinks he's the BEST! Eitehr way, you start and end as a conformist drone.

There! Try and top THAT! (noogie-noogie-noogie!)

(By the way, we need to start a religious thread where everybody can just sling EVERYTHING around, get it outta their systems. 'Cause I got a feeling people just ignore our stuff and skip to the little posts)

Re: I KNEW this was gonna be FUN!

Amnesiac_m(pc) said:
(By the way, we need to start a religious thread where everybody can just sling EVERYTHING around, get it outta their systems. 'Cause I got a feeling people just ignore our stuff and skip to the little posts)

We did, it was called the "Big Politics/Religion Thread" and I'm sure it was in Gen. Disc.

Hmm, okay, I've been reading this, I've been following the points, and now I have come to a point where I feel I should comment.

Before I go on, let me give you my credentials: nobody, lower income of the poverty type, high school diploma with some college, abused physically, emotionally, and mentally throughout childhood and life, generally ignored, unwanted, and despised for being me, issues with tickling fetish, outcast, Christian.

There, that stated, I'm sure everyone reading will not confuse me with a theologian, a pious man, a self-righteous man, or a well-educated one. As for hypocrisy? I'll state that a hypocrite is by definition not someone who fails to uphold his/her belief system due to human flaws, but someone who expects from others a level of status they themselves do not uphold in belief and/or cannot/will not meet the same expectations. Look it up, don't take my word for it. That said, as a Christian, tickling in and of itself is not wrong. Biblically, sin is well defined by the Law and the Prophets of the Old Testament, but try to remember that when Jesus came, though he did not do away with the Law, he fulfilled it. Meaning this, as He said, by fulfilling the greatest commandment, "You should love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your, soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor(your fellow men/women) as yourself," you fulfill all the Law, period. In lay terms, sin is when you, by doing or not doing something, hurt someone else, yourself, and God. Therefore, as a Christian, tickling falls into the "being wrong" category if it is harmful to someone. You who follow Christ, seek Him on the matter, and read the Bible for more insight. Can't find anything? Look, God is Love, not punishment, and He is more patient than you realize, He will not smack you upside the head or hold you accountable for actions done without knowledge (a.k.a. sin in ignorance), He'll show you the answer in time. Myself, I realize that I've crossed a line in my work I shouldn't have. By creating materials that posses a sexual nature, I have been promoting lust in myself. Jesus saya if one looks at another woman (other than his significant) with lust in his heart (or mind), he commits adultery with her in his mind. I'm no hypocrite, just human, and flawed in practice. Therefore, I will not be submitting materials of a sexual nature here, and any I may in the future will be devoid of that. Mind you, that's MY conviction! Let the Lord lead YOU as He sees fit, this is something that I must deal with, so don't take it upon yourself that you've gotta do it to unless you're lead to. Search your own hearts, seek God's wisdom, and know no one has ever screwed up beyond His ability to forgive and restore.

Oh yeah, one more thing....

I've been reading up on the discussion between 46and2 and Amnesiac_m(pc). Most interesting. Amnesiac, I am truly sorry if my faith causes you to hate me simply because of it. Sounds like many "Christians" have truly soiled your opinion of anyone sharing the faith. Take heart though, we're not all out to judge you or others or hold you accountable for anything. Here's a bit of news you've probably already guessed: NONE of us is better than you or anyone, or more perfect, or more favored, etc.! In fact, many Christians believe that it's our job to judge others, taking that "you will judge the world" verse waaaay out of context (read the whole thing, it's referring to the end of the age, ya know, and it's not talking about us judging others, it's talking about standing as witnesses of God's redemptive power working, judging fallen angels [i.e. Satan, demons]). We're here to love one another and to love God, commanded to preach the Gospel (translates: good news!). Oh yeah, that preach the Gospel thing? Where does it say go and convert people? ONLY God and the Holy Spirit can do that! We share our faith with others, tell them what God did for us, let them know He loves them. THAT is the Great Comission, THAT is preaching the Good News! "Making disciples of the nations?" Well, if someone you know or have talked to accepts Jesus as his/her Savior, that means don't leave them hanging out there alone, teach them the things of God, help them to know Him better! "Disciple" = "discipline," like an athlete's regimine, for instance. So I implore my fellow Christians not to "Bible beat" someone thinking they'll convert because of how masterfully you can beat them with that book, remember the greatest of these [gifts] is love, use it. That's all Jesus did. But by no means stop telling others about the Lord and what he's done for you, because that is an expression of love in and of itself (compare it to the woman who talks about the love of her life to all her friends because of her feelings for him, or the person who tells all of his/her friends about the great job opening/sale/whatever because that person cares enough about his/her friends to want to see them as happy as that person is because of the said thing).

I'll stop with the helpful hints for Christians for now. Please remember that we are sad representations of our God, Amnesiac. Like you, we're just trying to get it right in this world, too. We just try to do it by being the best possible examples of love, joy, peace, righteousness, patience, kindness, etc. we can. That's not always easy for someone who's used to being mean-spirited, or selfish, or judgemental, and so on. No man can save himself because he is imperfect, that's why God did it Himself, by dying for our sins as Jesus Christ and then rising from the grave to defeat spiritual Death and Hell for us as well. I'll not try to "convert" you, you are entitled to your beliefs too (God Himself will not even encroach on your free will and choice, THAT'S scriptural!). But, as a caring soul, and some one who shares at least a few things in common with you, maybe more'n we know, I'll paint the following picture:

God created man and woman, if you believe in God you accept this fact, if you don't, then none of the comments in here should EVER bother you or raise your attention. But, saying hypothetically you do, I'll go on. The reason He created them was not to serve Him. That's what angels were for. He created them to be His companions. Perhaps it seems silly, but God has emotions and feelings, too, and He is capable of lonliness. God wanted someone to love, and wanted to be loved in return. Therefore mankind was made in his image. Now you CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT be forced to love anything. That can only be given freely by the choice of the person. Angels do not have this ability because of this. So mankind was made like God in this facet: mankind could choose due to free will, and therefore had the unique power to love, the power that beforehand only God Himself possessed. Mankind could now choose to love God on their own, and...oh, wait, that's right, how can mankind choose to love God, or anyone for that matter, if there isn't another option? That's why the rebellious Lucifer was not simply destroyed, he posed the opposition, an obvious choice opposite from all that God is. Okay, now mankind can choose to love, er, wait, that's right, ther's no standard to measure the choice, to give mankind their opportunity to. No opportunity, no choice, no free will, NO LOVE.

So, the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is placed. The fruit of the tree will grant the eater "head knowledge" of good and evil, read this a judging what's good and evil by your own standards, not God's. God informs them that if they eat of the tree they shall die, so don't do it. Curious that such a request is made, but remember, this must happen in order for mankind to choose to love. No other way, because you can't love something unless you have the option and choice to. As for dying? Choosing to not love God is also the same as separating oneself from God. God is love, God is life, and without God, neither can exist apart from him. Death will occur simply because if mankind chooses not to love God, to separate from him, they separate from life as well. Now the serpent makes his move, tempts mankind with the power to be "like God," independent of Him. The choice is made. Mankind....chooses independence...and separation from a Being who's sole purpose in creating them was to have friends of like mind.

God bends the rules! First off, mankind didn't die when they separated from God. They should have, because life can only exist through the Creator of it. God loves his creation enough to give it another gift: Time. Without time, nothing changes, but in it, things do, and reconcilliation is possible. Still, the very presence of God's holiness will kill a man now (that's why Satan had to depart from Heaven, sin cannot exist with God), and man's days are numbered. The first death takes place at the hands of man himself, in murderous rage, one of the first ramifications of man's choice. After this, death comes to all men in time. God bends the rules! Man is immortal, since it was in the flesh that he sinned, then death need only affect it. The spirit of man can still be saved, and reconcilled with God! But the sin on mankind covers everything, even his soul. The price of it is death. That means that even an immortal soul must suffer separation from God, a "spiritual death." How can mankind pay the price for sins they commit, and still be reconcilled with God? Answer: they can't. Only someone who has never separated from God, someone who's never sinned, can pay that cost, and have man redeemed. So, God has the souls of dead men wait until his plans are brought into fruitation perfectly (the Old Testament), then rolls up His sleeves, bends the rules once more, and becomes human. Then dies, paying the price for us. But since He is innocent of the sins, death cannot claim Him permanently, and He returns to life and Heaven, telling mankind that all is reconcilled! But, He will not undo man's right to choose to love him, He will not even now make mankind his mindless servants. He leaves the choice to be with Him, or embrace everything that isn't Him (there ain't a lot that isn't!), up to you.

That said, there is no pleasure on earth that is NOT endorsed by God, or anything on earth itself that is not endorsed by Him. He made it! Why would He do that if it wasn't endorsed by Him? God never vetoes your "good time," ever. But He is a loving Creator, likening as a parent, or father. If it's going to hurt you, or another of his children, or come between the two of you, He doesn't want you to do it for that reason. He wants a relationship with you, and doesn't want harm to come to any of His children. But you, and all of us, have free will. He will not take that from you or anyone. And, honestly, if you really read the message of Jesus and the New Testament, God's concern is not about sin. Sin has consequences here on earth, sure, but His main concern is reconcilling His creation to Himself again. That means getting people to see that He really does love them, that He paid the price for all their sins, even the ones they haven't done yet (sin is done! it's not even an issue any more), and that reconcilliation starts, as with all relationships, by accepting each other. That's what being a Christian really is supposed to be, someone accepting Jesus as the Lord, the one who saved us from spiritual death, and starting to develop a relationship with God all over again. God no longer CARES what you're doing in the long scheme of things, He's paid for it once and for all. He's not about "don't do this" and "don't do that" anymore. He just wants to have that friend in you He's wanted forever, and to give you an option other than separation from Him (everything unholy is destroyed by holiness, or expelled by it, like a magnet). Everything else, the "do's" or "don'ts's," those are ways given to people by which, if they choose to live by them, they show God's kind of love, the selfless variant, and live in peace with each other and God. But that's a matter of (drum roll) free choice again.

Enjoy life, Amnesiac, and be blessed! God loves you even if you don't love Him, hate Him, or don't acknowledge His existence. He's big enough to handle your rage at Him, and your feelings towards Him. No matter what you choose, though, He'll always be waiting, like a gentlemen courting someone properly, without encroaching on your life, patiently waiting, for the day you'll possibly give him the chance to have that relationship with you. I write this, not to defend God (geez, what a poor lawyer I'd make!), He can do that Himself, and certainly not to encroach on anyone's, especially your, beliefs. Sharing my beliefs and the Christian faith is just that, sharing. I can, and will not, force this faith down anyone's throat to "make converts." Not my place, not ANYONE'S place. I write this to show you the God of the Bible, the one who's working on me today, and has received me just as I am, as I have received Him.

You've shared your beliefs, I've now shared my faith. Take care of yourselves, Amnesiac, 46and2, and everyone reading this. Hasta!

Oops, forgot one thing in the above, guys!

God does NOT hold anyone accountable for what they do not know, period! That would be unfair and unjust, two things He's not. Not knowing about the way to reconcilliation does not damn you. The only thing separating anyone from God now is the conscious choice to reject Him, the choice not to be united with Him. Nothing more. The only way you can make a choice is to have an option to choose alternately, right? Those ignorant of the choice cannot be held responsible for not making a choice.

Devil's Advocate: "Then why not just shut up and let us live our lives in ignorance of it?! By telling us about a choice, you give us the possiblility to choose spiritual death, but by not telling us, we're exempt! Pretty screwy, huh?"

Answer: With the question, "Why do bad things happen to people?" Left to our own devices, without the knowledge of that choice, we all would have to make that choice eventually in what the Bible refers to as Sheol (not Hell, as some believe, read more closely), a waiting place before the judgement and entrance into eternity (judgement defined simply as: choice made to be with God by accepting His sacrifice through Jesus vs. choice made against being with God and accepting his sacrifice). No one can earn their way to redemption, as I've said before. No matter what religion you practice, you must come to the realization that this cannot be done. One cannot say, "So, that's nice that You died for me and all, God, but I wanna do it all by myself!" It cannot be done (see above) and the attempt will fail. But I digress. Even if we're all exempt and wait for Sheol to make that choice, the evil in men's hearts would inevitably become so vile that we'd torture and destroy ourselves in our sin. God loves us, remember? He loves us enough to even care about how we live in this fragile temporary form. We share the good news in order so, in the words of Christ, "that you may have life, and have it more abundantly." The world would be an atrocious place without the choice to love God, live rightly, and care for all men unconditionally. Those who think the world already atrocious, think again. It CAN be far worse than you can imagine, and I won't take up the next week giving examples as to how. Basically, God wants to make this world a better place, too, and eventually, He will be completely successful (don't take my word for it, read the book all the way through to the end and see for yourself).

Hasta!

Re: Re: I KNEW this was gonna be FUN!

BigJim said:

We did, it was called the "Big Politics/Religion Thread" and I'm sure it was in Gen. Disc.

Right you are Jim! Me and Amnesiac have kind of strayed off topic here as we would normally do on our rants (not intentionally, LOL). But the thread you mentioned divided two issues, and we would only like to focus on one. So I will go ahead and start a new thread with replies to amnesiac. The thread is called "God, Atheism, and what the hell."

Amnesiac ol' boy: Marvelous Idea! Let's continue are disscussion there if you don't mind. And anyone else who would like to join us.

:)

Toonforger,

I agree with EVERYTHING you said. Why? because you did nothing but post biblical TRUTH and I respect you for that. Thanks for your very thorough yet accurate input here on this post. You rock! Better yet, and fortunately for us, JESUS ROCKS!!!

In Christ's Love,

crydun:angel:

what does religion have to due with tickling?

why do christians seem to want to beat them selves up for liking tickling, or anything that feels good?
why do you guys find it neccisary to force your selves to pick one or the other, as if they are mutually exclusive from one another?
i just don't understand i guess?
steve

Hi, Steve...

I understand your question. The point of my original question was how other Christians dealt with the intensity of their passion for tickling and reconciling that with one of the major parts of our faith--keeping your eye on the kingdom of God advancing, and not letting anything tie you down into this temporary world.

"You are to be in the world, not of it..." So, how do other Christians along with myself deal with the strong probability to set tickling up as an idol in our lives? Clarifying--it's not that Christianity and pleasure are mutually exclusive, but when you start motivating your decisions, thought life, and possible actions around this one fixation (in this case tickling...) then it has gone too far.

Does that make sense?

JP

hi jp, thanks for the clarification

but it does, and does not explain it for me.
i can readily understand your point about fixations. that would apply to all areas, not just religious. fixating is bad, for all, not just religious people.
how does tickling make one a "part of the earth"?
see, i don't think you, or any christian should be concerning them/your self about the non-existant link between tickling and being a "good christian". unless you are using tickling as a tool to cheat on your spouse, then where is the sin? i don't think you guys give your selves enough credit, nor to god either, if you're worried about how god will react to your love of tickling. relax, and stop worrying.
take time to smell the flowers, there's more to life than a musty church.
steve

Good thoughts, Steve...

You're right. The question is not worth worrying oneself sick over, but it is a serious issue just the same. By "in the world", I'm not talking about anything relating to the planet earth. I'm referring to being careful to devoting yourself to this temporal place and its temporal pleasures. Tickling is just one example. The same can be said for money, cars, looking for other's approval of you, etc., etc.

But in the end, you're absolutely right. I'm not stressing about what God thinks of my love of tickling--He knows I'm wasting my time searching for the immediate pleasure when there is more than we could even imagine with Him in heaven.

Thanks for the conversation!
JP

Door 44 Productions
What's New

6/17/2024
Visit Door 44 Productions for ticklign clips! Details in the D44 box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back