• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling as Catharsis

TKLVR181

Level of Lemon Feather
So I was in this thread --> http://www.tickletheater.com/showthread.php?t=80638 and something I said seemed to get a lot of attention. Not wanting to derail the thread I just made a new one--tickling as not sexual but theraputic for the "safe yet helpless" feeling. I've wrapped my post in quotations here too.

The spoken teases are definitely a favorite/weakness of mine. For me leeing is often more catharsis than sexual, and feeling like I'm helpless, whether that be because of bondage, because the ler is bigger than me or any other reason is a huge part of it for me. Being teased until I'm too flustered to maintain my "Im a big strong woman who's not afraid of anything" barrier is the best feeling in the world! By psychological I suppose I mean that the catharsis is psychological, a chance for me to mentally relax my 'tough chick' barriers and be vulnerable in a helpless yet 'safe' environment.

~K

Many who are into straight-up bondage crave it due to the same reasons - bondage not necessarily for sex, nor for feeling horny as hell (though sometimes that's a side effect? lol), but rather that catharsis you mention, that sense that relinquishing control allows you to "free yourself" from the "bondage" of life and all its troubles. I can see what you mean in reference to tickling - it's almost a balm in an ironic way, though frantic and hysterical, it seems to clense yourself from the other crap that would otherwise drive you mad. At least with tickling, it's a "good" kind of insanity. xD

Tickle therapy, man. It's legit!

EDIT: Just remembered something that might apply. My fiancé Jenna, who as far as we both know doesn't enjoy tickling as a sexual fetish, finds the act of gently tickling her in certain places helps her to relax and unwind. She mentioned it as a feeling akin to that of soaking in a hot bath...well, on a much smaller scale, anyway.

Last edited:
It's both for me, actually. Sexual and cathartic. It's not just tickling, either, for me. Bondage, like Dalek said, are another thing that wil do that for me, as will general acts of submission. They all make me feel like everything will be alright because someone's got a plan lol

I find being able to laugh loud, hard and long to be the cathartic part. I know my gf also enjoys the sudden release she feels from just being able to go all out in a tickle-fight until we are both completely spent. Ya gotta get your exercise in somehow, amirite?!

Dalek, my gf is the same way with gentle tickles, often leading to her dozing right off <3

I'm totally with you on this one Karen.

Tickling is definitely cathartic for me rather than sexual. It is such a release and wonderful rollercoaster of emotions along the way. I like to feel helpless and having such a fun weakness as being ticklish just goes with that nicely as I love the fact that I could be so easily manipulated with a few strategically placed pokes :blush and even more so when they don't even have to touch me to get me giggling.

It's after all the laughing, blushing,squirming and grinning that I feel totally relaxed like I imagine what most people feel like after a massage or as in Dalek's example soaking in a hot bath.

I'm totally with you on this one Karen.

Tickling is definitely cathartic for me rather than sexual. It is such a release and wonderful rollercoaster of emotions along the way. I like to feel helpless and having such a fun weakness as being ticklish just goes with that nicely as I love the fact that I could be so easily manipulated with a few strategically placed pokes :blush and even more so when they don't even have to touch me to get me giggling.

It's after all the laughing, blushing,squirming and grinning that I feel totally relaxed like I imagine what most people feel like after a massage or as in Dalek's example soaking in a hot bath.

:lol I had a feeling you'd be with me on this one. Yeah same for me, the adrenaline high is just something you cannot beat (and I suspect I may be addicted to >_>)

~K

:lol I had a feeling you'd be with me on this one. Yeah same for me, the adrenaline high is just something you cannot beat (and I suspect I may be addicted to >_>)

~K

Yes, the physical act of being tickled... well, you know... it is addicting, isn't it.
I think that for most guys, there is a sexual element to it...

Think cave man... primal... a guy wants to find a mate... what better way than to tickle her... see if she is 'responsive'... see if she likes you after the fact... haha!

I can totally relate to this, 100%. I'm a strong, independent woman who doesn't like asking for help, even from her husband. So I tend to take on a lot of burdens. I worry, sometimes obsessively, to the point that I get really drained. Also, being introverted doesn't help. I don't mind being an introvert, but sometimes, my discomfort socializing (and the pure exhaustion it causes me) can get lonely!

My tickling interests have always been on the weird side. I enjoy bondage, though I have to be careful with it, due to being claustrophobic. But the sensation of tickling itself is a turn on; laughing is just a reaction, but not required. For instance, my husband tickles my back. It doesn't make me laugh or squirm, but the sensation is the same. I can't even describe it, but it's like the sensation takes the world away. There's nothing to worry about. The world's not going to end in my mind. All there is is my partner and that feeling.

Bondage also helps that. It allows me to relinquish control, to stop taking on burdens and just feel sensation. When I'm having a really hard time, my husband will include the blind fold and intensify his hold on me. Then he'll go at me until I'm no longer struggling and just laughing/moaning. When we're done, I feel like I just got an hour massage. I can deal with the world again.

Tickling does have a sexual element. For me, it's foreplay. The best foreplay. If my husband tickles me, unless it's just some random rough-housing, it's going to be a turn on. But part of sex in general for me is an escape from the bullshit and to hone in on the connection between my husband and me.

There's nothing better.

But the sensation of tickling itself is a turn on; laughing is just a reaction, but not required. For instance, my husband tickles my back. It doesn't make me laugh or squirm, but the sensation is the same. I can't even describe it, but it's like the sensation takes the world away. There's nothing to worry about. The world's not going to end in my mind. All there is is my partner and that feeling.

I have experienced this myself with my wife... we were snuggling and she kept tickling my back... right up to the point of laughter, but not across that invisible line. It was rather irritating and exciting at the same time. She never knew it was making me 'crazy'. I guess I was just not expecting to be that ticklish.

What's New

6/17/2024
Visit Door 44 Productions for ticklign clips! Details in the D44 box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back