• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling in literature?

Raul

1st Level Red Feather
Does anyone have any main stream examples of tickling excerpts in novels, articles, etc.?

Tabitha's Tease and Tabitha's Tickle are novels that have lots of tickling in them... I think you can find exerpts from these novels in the Post Stories section. Not sure if that qualifies as mainstream though?

One of the Alice Munro, coming of age, novels has a brief mention of tickling.

It could be "Lives of Girls and Women".

My personal favorite was in New Spring, by Robert Jordan, which is a prequel to the Wheel of Time series. Among other things, it tells the story of Moiraine and Siuan Sanche's early years as Aes Sedai, which are sort of like female wizards. And the subject of Moiraine's ticklishness gets a more than casual mention.

Early in the book, Siuan is helping Moiraine prepare for a test in which she will have to do something complicated while being distracted.

"Invisible fingers seemed to run up her sides to her armpits. She was ticklish, as Suian knew well."

The tickling gets mentioned casually once or twice through the rest of the chapter, then much later in the book Moiraine is considering giving Siuane a hard time about something and thinks better of it.

"Moiraine did not answer the question. They were going to be sharing a bed, and Siuan knew exactly which ticklish spots could reduce her to helpless laughter and pleading."

The two girls are called "pillow friends" in the series, which basically makes them lovers for the duration of their time in school together, with the expectation that they'll part and both be looking for husbands or careers when they graduate. That last bit seems to strongly imply that one of them is the dominant partner and uses tickling to bully the other one. :cool:

A classic book!

A very bad film with totally phony tickling scenes was made from it, "What the Swedish Butler Saw" (1976).

I remember that movie!!! it was so god-awful, and we had to wait a long time for it to come, and the tickling was terrible

Great examples everyone - Thank you!

I would bet there are many examples from romance novels as well. Anyone have any?

Jeff

I've never had a chance to read them, but I'd be surprised if Juliette and/ or Justine by the Marquis De Sade didn't have some tickling in there. Having read 120 Days Of Sodom I assume the tickling will be buried amidst a vast wound of turd-eating, head-splitting and monster-fucking, but it will probably be in there somewhere.

My personal favorite was in New Spring, by Robert Jordan, which is a prequel to the Wheel of Time series. Among other things, it tells the story of Moiraine and Siuan Sanche's early years as Aes Sedai, which are sort of like female wizards. And the subject of Moiraine's ticklishness gets a more than casual mention.

Early in the book, Siuan is helping Moiraine prepare for a test in which she will have to do something complicated while being distracted.

"Invisible fingers seemed to run up her sides to her armpits. She was ticklish, as Suian knew well."

The tickling gets mentioned casually once or twice through the rest of the chapter, then much later in the book Moiraine is considering giving Siuane a hard time about something and thinks better of it.

"Moiraine did not answer the question. They were going to be sharing a bed, and Siuan knew exactly which ticklish spots could reduce her to helpless laughter and pleading."

The two girls are called "pillow friends" in the series, which basically makes them lovers for the duration of their time in school together, with the expectation that they'll part and both be looking for husbands or careers when they graduate. That last bit seems to strongly imply that one of them is the dominant partner and uses tickling to bully the other one. :cool:

Aww, they sound like LUGs...Lesbians Until Graduation. :( What a waste. :sowrong: lol

Hmm...the only tickling I've seen in books I've read is with minors, so I can't really give an example of any others I've seen. :ermm:

Hmm...the only tickling I've seen in books I've read is with minors, so I can't really give an example of any others I've seen. :ermm:

Then I suggest you click on the link Rhiannon has just given us (you may want to cancel any plans for the evening before you do).

Also thanks Rhiannon, I first came across this in the early Eighties. In the Tickling desert at the time, this wasn't so much an oasis but more like an enormous Ocean. :bubbly:

There's a very overt one in a very unlikely place I found a while ago but never posted due to lack of interest.

This excerpt is from Harlan Ellison's "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream," a rather bleak story about a group of sole survivors trapped in the mainframe of an AI computer that has slaughtered all of humanity but keeps them alive for the sole purpose of torturing them in revenge for giving it life but no mobility. It's sort of a precursor to The Matrix, but very different in a 1960s way. While the rest of the torture in the story is traditionally horrific and cruel, this is an unusual instance where someone has used the idea of tickling as an actual torture in a way that isn't very kinky.

Here's the excerpt:

In the darkness, one of the computer banks began humming. The tone was picked up half a mile awaydown the cavern by another bank. Then one by one, each of the elements began to tune itself, and there was a faint chittering as thought raced through the machine.
The sound grew, and the lights ran across the faces of the consoles like heat lightening. The sound spiraled up till it sounded like a million metallic insects, angry, menacing.
"What is it?" Ellen cried. There was terror in her voice. She hadn't become accustomed to it, even now.
"It's going to be bad this time," Nimdok said.
"He's going to speak," Gorrister said. "I know it."
"Let's get the hell out of here!" I said suddenly, getting to my feet.
"No, Ted, sit down what if he's got pits out there, or something else, we can't see, it's too dark." Gorrister said it with resignation.

Then we heard I don't know, something moving toward us in the darkness. Huge, shambling, hairy, moist, it came toward us. We couldn't even see it, but there was the ponderous impression of bulk, heaving itself toward us. Great weight was coming at us, out of the darkness, and it was more a sense of pressure, of air forcing itself into a limited space, expanding the invisible walls of a sphere. Benny began to whimper. Nimdok's lower lip trembled and he bit it hard, trying to stop it. Ellen slid across the metal floor to Gorrister and huddled into him. There was the smell of matted, wet fur in the cavern. There was the smell of charred wood. There was the smell of dusty velvet. There was the smell of rotting orchids. There was the smell of sour milk. There was the smell of sulphur, of rancid butter, of oil slick, of grease, of chalk dust, of human scalps.

AM was keying us. He was tickling us.

I heard myself shriek, and the hinges of my jaws ached. I scuttled across the floor, across the cold metal with its endless lines of rivets, on my hands and knees, the smell gagging me, filling my head with a thunderous pain that sent me away in horror. I fled like a cockroach, across the floor and out into the darkness, that something moving inexorably after me. The others were still back there, gathered around the firelight, laughing their hysterical choir of insane giggles rising up into the darkness like thick, many-colored wood smoke. I went away, quickly, and hid.

How many hours it may have been, how many days or even years, they never told me. Ellen chided me for "sulking," and Nimdok tried to persuade me it had only been a nervous reflex on their part, the laughing.

But I knew it wasn't the relief a soldier feels when the bullet hits the man next to him. I knew it wasn't a reflex. They hated me. They were surely against me, and AM could even sense this hatred, and made it worse for me because of the depth of their hatred. We had been kept alive, rejuvenated, made to remain constantly at the age we had been when AM had brought us below, and they hated me because I was the youngest, and the one AM had affected least of all.

I've never had a chance to read them, but I'd be surprised if Juliette and/ or Justine by the Marquis De Sade didn't have some tickling in there. Having read 120 Days Of Sodom I assume the tickling will be buried amidst a vast wound of turd-eating, head-splitting and monster-fucking, but it will probably be in there somewhere.

I've read Justine. Fairly horrifying book, more for de Sade's philosophy than the copious amounts of gore. No tickling.

Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children has a brief scene where a doctor tickles his patient while brushing a medicated powder into her armpit.

And this is from Isaac Bashevis Singer's short story "Taibele and Her Demon":

The greatest punishment in hell was tickling, Hurmizah said. There was a certain imp in hell by the name of Lekish. When Lekish tickled an adulteress on her soles or under her arms, her tormented laughter echoed all the way to the island of Madagascar.

One of my earliest often-read passages was from an R.L. Stine choose-your-own adventure book. While exploring a lab, one possible ending is to be locked in a room filled partially with feathers while a horde of small primates tickles you to death.

These examples more "well-read" than I was expecting, and all are wonderful. Any cheesy, dime-store, romance novel examples to complete the gamut?

From a review of Alice Munro's book "Too Much Happiness"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/20/AR2009112003498.html

In "Wenlock Edge," a story bursting with vivid invention, the narrator recalls her pretty, profoundly ignorant college roommate, Nina. Nina is untroubled by her shortcomings, assertive of her will. She dominates the narrator by tickling her into helpless exhaustion. This element is frequent in Munro's work: an assertive, crude second character eclipsing a complex, intelligent, introspective first character.

Excerpts from the book:

Then she made a little leap and started to tickle me, as she did every once in a while, without the least warning, having discovered that I was extraordinarily ticklish.

“Sorry I yelled at you. Did I yell? I’m sorry. You’re our friend and you brought me my things and I appreciate it.
You’re Ernest’s cousin and you’re our family.”
She slipped behind me and her fingers darted into my armpits and she began to tickle me, at first lazily and then furiously, saying, “Aren’t you? Aren’t you?”
I tried to get free, but I couldn’t. I went into spasms of suffering laughter and wriggled and cried out and begged her to stop. Which she did, when she had me quite helpless, and both of us were out of breath.
“You’re the ticklishest person I ever met.”

Not cruelly, but just the way she laughed at so many things. And she might even tease me about it. Her teasing would have in it something like her tickling, something insistent, obscene.

:D

One of my earliest often-read passages was from an R.L. Stine choose-your-own adventure book. While exploring a lab, one possible ending is to be locked in a room filled partially with feathers while a horde of small primates tickles you to death.

I had that book too. I remember happening upon that page and being totally freaked out lol

Surprised no one has mentioned Merchant of Venice yet.

I pretty sure I've come across a few from the author John Irving. I think one may have been in A Prayer for Owen Meany. I don't remember exactly what happened but if it was in that book then just a caution, it probably involved minors.

She's come undone has a ton of tickling passages

The tickling in that book is disgusting. A man uses tickling as a lead-in to raping a young woman. Totally horrible and triggering and NOT fun, cute or sexy in any way. Just to warn anyone who might be interested.

I'm a writer and most of my stories have some sort of tickling in them. It's romantic/cute, not sexual. But yeah. I'll let you all know if I publish them! :)

Door 44 Productions
What's New

6/15/2024
If you need to report a post the report button is on its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back