• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Timewarp's rant series 8: Health scare

Timewarp

3rd Level Red Feather
Back in the day, or at least a couple of years ago, we as a society never considered how grave the danger was to simply eat a french fry or munch on a cupcake. It was back in the day when oil was cheap, children played outside, and schools gave out snacks like pizza and coke. I'd never thought using Nyquil can be as addicting as cocain and or the playground contained suringes. And now here we are. 2006. Most people are afraid to take a chance on a burger now. Fast food can be seen as bad as smoking (Which it is but that is beside my point). Kids don't play oustside any more cause achmend is going to get them or the child rapist. And taking medicine is about as bad as the disease itself. Has everyone gone insane?

Everything I used to enjoy I can't now because it's not healthy, it will kill you. Wake up people we're all going to die someday and I really don't want to live to the point where I have tubs coming out my ass, drinking liquid potato through my arm, and not being able to get up to use the toilet. Now Believe me there is nothing wrong with being health concious, it's just gotten to the point where people have just snapped. I'd like to point out some of these psycho health problems.

1. Medicine: Okay I admit, I use as little medication as possible, I hate swallowing pills. But if you have ever looked at a medicine bottle you'd probably have more than a reason not to either. I've seen comercials for sleep medicine that went like this, "Use ********* to help you get your sleep back, side-effects may include: Nausia, dizzyness, headach, sore throat, sexual disfunction, anal leaking, Restlessness and on rare occasions a serious medical condition that could cause death. You should not drink or drive or operate heavy machinery". Okay first off, if I had one of those side-effects I guarentee I will not be sleeping that night unless that rare one kicks in. "Restlessness"? That means you have a better chance sleeping without them. "Don't operate heavy machinery or drive"...Yes because when I get tired I think, "Oh yeah i'm going to go work somewhere".
And don't get me started on ****** the errection pill. *wink wink*

2. Healthy snacks: Anyone ever notice how nowadays how most "healthy snacks" contain the words "no trans fat" or "No calories"? Trans fat, for those of you who have been in a comma for the last 5 years is an imaginary evil that resides in fat supposably. Do they think we're stupid? Are they just trying to seperate fat from fat and saying here's a new one we missed? Why not just make up more like dan fat, fan fat, devil fat? I know fat is freakin bad for you in the first place, don't try to make it even more intimidating. I really think they're just tacking the "no transfast" label on things that didn't have any to begin with just to trick health nuts. Also the more healthier versions of beloved snack are a lot worse than the original. Why can't someone just make something that taste good and is good for you for once? WHy must every tasty thing shorten your lifespan? And above all else the one abel that pissses me off the most is the "No Calories" label. I don't believe that for one second that anything can truly have no calories unless it was water. And for those who think it's a good idea, consider this. Calories are used by cells to produce energy. Removing them from your diet means you're denying your body energy and there for it is slowly dieing.

3. Diets: A good diet is define by me as a well balanced meal and excersise. That I can tolerate. But can you believe the extremes people would go through just to lose a few pounds. Diet pills, oh yeah, you would have to be very lazy to use those pieces of junk. I don't believe they work for two reasons. 1. You can't burn energy if you're sitting on your ass, and two every year there is a new one on the market. If their truly was a real diet pill, I guarentee that those commercials would not be on air. Then theirs those weird machines I can't believe people would use. Who owns a step here? If you have one, were you so lazy to go to your sidewalk you'd rather by a piece of plastic? How about those weightloss belts? Has any of them ever worked? My gosh are people really so desperate to avoid excersising they would put the effort to do something that obviously fail? And last are diets themselfs. This one i'm pointing to women cause you girls are the craziest bitches when it comes to dieting. I've seen your magazines and everyone of them say the exact say thing...eat less..excersise more...drink water. Come on, how can you women still be paying money for the exact same advice you proably have in the other magazines you already bought? Oh and it get's worse. The diets i've seen want to completly cut off all nutriants and vitamins your body needs to survive. I even saw diets based on pop-culture. I saw once the "Divinci code diet". WTF kinda diet is that? Bread, water and a week of the black plague? Of course the saddest cases of vanity are the belimics and anerxias. Those people are really sick in the head.

4. Safety: You people protect your kids so much you don't realize that they can't learn how dangerous somethings really can be. You give your kids kneepads, helemts, elbow pads, shoulder pads, unbreakable glass, childproof locks, car windows that only go down half way, etc. Listen when I was a kid we didn't have any of that because we knew when something caused us pain it is then we realize not to repeat the same mistakes. If I didn't wear my seat belt my dad would beat my ass. ergo, I learned not to take it off during car rides. Now we got teenagers dieing in car crashes because there parents were too dee dee dee to instill the fear of God in them. Parents today are so afraid of hurting there kids that it's actually hurting them, making them all dees

Let's see was that all I wanted to rant......? ahhh....I'll get back to it later.
You know the drill, post your commets and within 4-6 weeks you'll might recieve a middle finger from me personally.

(Timewarp's opinion) Because politically correctness is for pussies.

Timewarp said:
4. Safety: You people protect your kids so much you don't realize that they can't learn how dangerous somethings really can be. You give your kids kneepads, helemts, elbow pads, shoulder pads, unbreakable glass, childproof locks, car windows that only go down half way, etc. Listen when I was a kid we didn't have any of that because we knew when something caused us pain it is then we realize not to repeat the same mistakes. If I didn't wear my seat belt my dad would beat my ass. ergo, I learned not to take it off during car rides. Now we got teenagers dieing in car crashes because there parents were too dee dee dee to instill the fear of God in them. Parents today are so afraid of hurting there kids that it's actually hurting them, making them all dees

And if we don't do all these things, we are arrested for child abuse and endangerment, get thrown in jail, and lose custody of our kids.

As far as medicines are concerned, don;t get me started on how prescription meds are being advertised on TV these days. It's all marketing vs. effectiveness. I don't know how many times at the VA we requests by the docs (due to demands by the patients) to get the latest cepha-whatchamacalit they saw on TV because it might be just what they really need, rather than staying on the medication that has would work just as well for them that we've been trying to get them to use correctly the past 5 years and only costs us a few dollars a month to buy for them instead of $500-1000 dollars a month for the new drug they saw on TV. I think if people actually saw how much the drug costs (and not just their $10-20 dollar co-pay), maybe they'ed stick with the just as effective generic in stock.

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back