• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tk Hotel announcement (/F /M computer game)

Please read the entire post before voting:

• Oh! This sounds excellent, I expect to play this daily!

Votes: 67 67.7%
  • This might be interesting, but I'm not sure if it would be 'my kind of game'

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I don't think I'm going to play this very often/regularly.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters
All in all, this sounds like a pretty darn cool idea. I look forward to more progress and, not to sound demanding, FINISH IT SO I CAN PLAZ WIT MAH FORUM DOODS AND GURLS!

*Ahem*...

Um...Ready and willing, sir?

sounds great can't wait
hope you add me to the beta list

Last edited:
So far the Beta lists looks as follows:

Bashiku
Snipes2008
DEV
Celerich
Xtreme09
Tickler Dae
nalandra
Ravenfan
Elfewja29
mlukers
amkes

If your name is not on it, it is because you didn't say you wanted to be in the beta test (making a comment 'this is going to be great' or 'this looks like fun' does not tell me if you want to take part in the beta or not).

So if you're not on the list, say so and I'll add you.

In the meantime, if I have to believe the poll, the game is looking to have 23 active players, possibly 36 (of the maximum capacity of 46). So it's half full or better. This is really nice. Having half the locations filled will give everyone a pretty good chance on 'landing' on a hotel themselves (after a roll) and thus having to pay the VIP fee of staying the night there. In return they also have a good chance one of the other players 'lands' on their hotel.

As explained, I can not have up to 46 unique animations for all the VIPS (players) but I am thinking of having a representation of them in the hotel when they are visiting. Perhaps they linger in the yard (they might sit on the bench or something), at the reception, maybe at the pool, gym, restaurant or other facilities you have. I'm looking into this, but they are likely to be a sort of 'pink'/'blue' silhouette.

As a side note, I just wanted to say that this is the first game that really does support /M and it is thus for the /M people also a real cool chance to get to play a tickling game. The majority I suspect will be /F but I am sort of wondering if any of the /M folk are going to be playing.

About GENDER and HOTEL customization

So I already talked a little about it before I think. But basically you can kind of configure your hotel to support your own preference (/M or /F or both). This is done by putting up posters (basically there are commercial posters that attract more men to your hotel, those who lure women into staying a night at your place and those who are multi-sex. Each time you put a certain poster, the balance between woman and men visiting your hotel will shift one way or the other, but the bottom of each is 10% (so there's always a chance of a man visiting your hotel if you set it up "for women" and vice versa). So far it looks like each guest room type will have 2 different animations per gender, so there's 4 animations (2x /F and 2x /M). Special rooms are an exception and follow their own rules.

And now you get to see your first screenshot. This one is taken in the lush forest bordering the Brush Lane, Giggle Road and Full Body Lane. (So picking either of those streets will give you a nice forest background). The hotel you see here (left side) is only 1 floor in hight, and you can see it's quite a dump. Well, it's only a 2-star hotel (you will start with a 1-star hotel, so go imagine...). The reception room is tacky and to be honest the colours are chosen rather badly. The guy behind the desk may be part of the maffia for all you know, with his smug face and dark glasses covering his face. Walking into this room you probably don't get the impression that you just entered a luxurious hotel... but hey, if you like it and if you like green, be my guest and keep it. This room is not (at least currently) planned to be a requirement for improving your hotels star qualification. The yard (omg) will in fact update and start to look better with each star your hotel earns. You will get to see the 1-star version of the yard soon.

But it is the reception room that is one of the things I wanted to point out here. Because you CAN 'upgrade' it. Upgrading the reception desk may or may not have an effect on the game other than just the looks and for your own customization preferences, but this is not guaranteed. One of the 'special spaces on the board' (see earlier information) will unlock the possibility to 'upgrade your reception/lobby'. And there you can decide which of the two rooms you think looks best, or if you prefer to have a man or woman behind the reception desk. This choice will obviously help making your hotel 'look different' from other hotels, just like the kind of rooms you choose and where you put them in the hotel.

For now, enjoy the screenshots.

PS: You see a room with a generally 'blue theme' there, it has no visitor now :p but don't mistake the colour for that it's for men only. I'm trying to make different rooms (each having their unique animations) so it's likely you will want to build at least one of each rather than picking one room and using it everywhere... but that's entirely up to you.

EDIT: Oh yeah. And another important note... Apart from the painting on the wall (in that room) there is NO NUDITY in this game. Scantly dressed guests yes, but nudity no. Just wanted to clear that up. If you do not want to have the room with the piece of artwork shown in this screenshot, you can opt not to build that room.

Last edited:
Okay, I have done the map. :)

So this is the playing board, which you can view when not in "hotel view mode". It will show which places have hotels (and if so, how many stars). Your location as well as other players' locations will be marked as well somehow.

So now you see how long each street is, what its location is in the environment (you can probably guess what kind of view you might expect, e.g. in the Brush Lane you will see forest, while at the Nylon Street you see the shopping center).

Question: Can I already reserve an address for my hotel, pretty please?
Answer: No, sorry. You will be asked which location you prefer, you have to choose from the still free locations at that moment.

Question: When choosing my location, can I see what other locations have been taken?
Answer: I will most likely be showing the map. I think you will select your plot by clicking on it, otherwise I will make a dropdown box where you can see all still available addresses.

PS: This is the real-size map (scaling it further down didn't seem a good idea because some of the words have a rather small font and I want you to be able to read all the names, even of the squares in between of the streets.) If this map does not fit on your screen, you will not be able to see the game fully on the screen either. (Note: If it doesn't fit in your browser window, assuming you don't have it filling your screen, you don't have to worry of course.)

Looks really good so far. Will the placing on the board have any particular effect on value and price of the hotels themselves like in Monopoly?

Looks really good so far. Will the placing on the board have any particular effect on value and price of the hotels themselves like in Monopoly?

Thanks, Dev.

No. It will not. While it is technically possible to do so, it would mean bigger balance impacts (and risks) in the game itself. Players will choose their hotel location before they know the game and can't move later on, so if they made a (for them) unlucky choice then they are stuck with it.

Also, unlike in Monopoly, everyone can only own one hotel. Monopoly is played by up to 8 players, so there's a lot of room for them to build on. Tk Hotel allows up to 46 players, in which case ALL streets are full (you can count them). You cannot build on the gray squares.

At the start of the game the players have a limited amount of money and they need that to build a room or two so they can start having guests. While technically it is well possible to balance, it's a pain in the rear. Cheap locations would then start fast but get harder (would take longer time) to get them towards 5-star quality) while expensive hotel locations would start quite slow and speed up towards the end. But as said, it's not easy to balance that right and people in the more expensive places would run a risk of getting bored before their speed catches up.

I'm trying to aim at being able to get your hotel towards 2 start in a couple of days.

There's more reasons I can give but this is the way it looks right now. Everyone has a fair chance and the areas/streets have no advantages or disadvantages over others. This also keeps it fair for everyone.

Is there a reason you chose a linear, closed circuit, as opposed to one that branches off and allows a decision as to direction? I'm thinking of (most) Mario Party maps at this point in time. Here, albeit a poor example:

http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/N64/MarioParty3-BattleRoyal-ChillyWaters.png

It's hard for me to make this sort of comment without experiencing the game first hand, though, so hm.

Etc~

Yes, there is. Fairness. There are five 'levels' of hotels. 1 star hotels should be the cheapest, 5 stars should be the most expensive. I use the word "should" on purpose, because it is actually up to the hotel owner how high they set the price of their rooms. Though, setting a too high price for a certain grade of hotel would mean less npc visitors and thus reduced income. Set it too high and you may see nobody as they all go to the other hotels. When you yourself stay at a hotel, you will do so as a VIP (and the owner of the hotel where you stay will get the double room rate from you). Of course, if another player stays at your hotel, they will pay the VIP price too.

Now if the board looks much like what you linked, and even moreso if there's not the full allowed 46 players playing, you will see chances to:
- conveniently land on a square where there is no hotels, so you don't have to pay anything that turn
- conveniently pick the lowest ranking hotel so you have a cheap stay
- Make a shortcut circle so you'll have chance to land on your own hotel again as soon as you can (where you can of course stay for free).

This will mean that players in some unluckier spots may barely ever see any VIPS while they have to pay at your hotel, or others may see a lot of traffic.

I decided not to do that, even though it would have been possible, and make it more fair for everyone. But... there is actually a way... if you're lucky, to decide your own luck a little. If you get a chance card that, when used allows you to roll 'fixed dice'. You can only use that card once, it doesn't have multiple charges. There will be other chance cards as well, and you can ONLY pick those up (you get a random one) when landing on a gray square.

So... when will be tested on like good lab rats we are? :)

I know you are prolly still in engine building mode and ui isn't complete I guess, but I need estimated time, so I can clean all day for that event only :D

So... when will be tested on like good lab rats we are? :)

I know you are prolly still in engine building mode and ui isn't complete I guess, but I need estimated time, so I can clean all day for that event only :D

I am planning to allow you all to log in soon, pick your spot and start rolling dice.

However while it's a cool gesture that you want to 'clean all day for that event', beware that you won't be testing this for hours on end! Unlike any of my other games, you play this one bit by bit at daily basis. Each day you get to move and earn some cash that (if you have enough) you can spend on building more rooms/facilities in your hotel). As you get the chance to raise your hotel's number of stars, visit squares (and by those I mean the gray locations on the board) you can unlock extra tk artwork. And of course you can watch the animations of guests being tickled in various ways (more ways as the game goes on and your hotel grows).

On day one of the beta (or I should almost advice week one) some of the most interesting parts is probably watching where other players have chosen to settle down and see how they choose their room rates and how they are doing, etc. It is useful to do visit them, because they are a little bit of competition and if their hotels are cheaper they may lure some visitors (npcs only) away from you. NPCs do not act in the same way as players do, and the amount of NPCs is also depending on the total capacity of the recreation area the hotels have been built in. So be sure to get your share.

However... you're ready and the game is not yet finished. At this moment I am working on the database and rolling is not yet in. The beta is not showing everything so playing it does not give you the complete feeling that the full game gives you... to name a few things:
- Cards are not ready yet, and they are not yet in. When they are in, I will enable only a couple for the beta phase and you won't see the more interesting ones.
- The guest room variation is limited, at first to one type.
- Tk picture rewards for visiting squares are disabled during the beta.
- Some other features that I'm working on are not finished and they will be added as the beta progresses.

Logging in can be done multiple times a day if you want, but the only reason that this would be interesting is:
- If you want to see the animations in your own hotel again, or some more.
- If you want to look at the unlocked artwork some more (not in beta).
- If you want to check if anyone landed on your Hotel since the last time you logged in (which means that you have earned a bit of cash again, which might add up to being able to build another room).
- If you want to see an update on the other hotel owners' actions.
- To see (and bet on) any cards that have been put up for auction (if any).

The latter is a feature that I will also introduce later, first the cards need to be added in the first place. Chance cards can be used when appropriate (some during the rolling phase, others after) and you can only hold one at the time. But you can also try to sell them to other players. So if you have e.g. a card that offers a special 'RARE' room which you already have, or you have a card that you don't want to use anyway, you can try to put it up for auction and other players get to bet on them. The highest bid of course will get the card and you will get the cash from them (which can help you again improving/extending your hotel!) So that's an extra bit of fun to really make this more of a multiplayer game than a single player game.

BETA is starting soon
Check out the official Tk Hotel BETA thread!

I have started the official Tk Hotel Beta thread on my artist pad. I thought it was a good idea to create its own thread for it over there. The thread won't contain artwork so maybe the Tk Artwork section of these forums isn't the right place really and in addition I have more administrator rights on my artist pad.

If you want to participate in the beta, please go over to the Tk Hotel Beta Thread and read what you can do to prepare for the beta beforehand.

See you there.

Ilo.

Just writing one more bit of information here, in case some people don't check my artist pad.

The first beta client version will be released TOMORROW (Saturday morning). Please check the official beta thread on my artist pad for more information. You will not find any further information in this thread past this point. Everything is there.

Aaaaand... Cut. This thread is now officially dead :p

Not just this thread. But I think you've already seen that.

Oh well and I hoped to see another game from you :p

Oh well and I hoped to see another game from you :p

Try to fly too high and you fall deep.

It would have been a great one, I was excited about it too, but alas. Well, anyway it was worth a try. This is not the last you see from me game-wise, I expect. I'll just want to go back to smaller projects in the future.

The big games may be awesome but the amount of hours that go into their creation is rather impressive too. At the same time fairly small and simple games can be just as fun, but take only a couple of hours coding. For example the Mad Machines series. Taking everything into account, they are more 'efficient' as in giving more for less investment.

In the meantime I don't exclude the possibility that I'll do another 'medium sized' game (not like Tk Hotel, which is one of the more complex and larger games') like an adventuring game.

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back