• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tom Brokaw enjoys tickling Linda Vester at work

I guess you just have to deal with completely innocuous things in life sometimes.

It's only innocuous from your particular perspective.
I can't explain to you why the feelings of the person being felt up should matter to you.

It's only innocuous from your particular perspective.
I can't explain to you why the feelings of the person being felt up should matter to you.

My point is, she made a big deal over nothing. On top of it, since it’s Brokaw, the story becomes sensationalized tabloid fodder.

My point is, she made a big deal over nothing. On top of it, since it’s Brokaw, the story becomes sensationalized tabloid fodder.

To you, it's nothing.
To men and women who have to deal with this kind of thing in order to keep their job or advance in their career fields, and keep their mouths shut, as you'd have them do, it's not nothing.

To you, it's nothing.
To men and women who have to deal with this kind of thing in order to keep their job or advance in their career fields, and keep their mouths shut, as you'd have them do, it's not nothing.

Let’s recap. He tickled her for a few seconds and tried to lean in to kiss her on the cheek. Did threaten her job? No. This is not a big deal except now the press paints him out to be a sexual predator, as do you. Thats why she should have kept her fucking mouth shut.

Really What this boils down to is a matter of opinion
Was what tom did wrong? Yes, in a professional environment this kind of behaviour is unacceptable and needs to be punished.
Should he have been fired? I'd say so, while this may seem innocent depending on who you are, you can't say that no one was hurt during this and in an environment such as this you can't have people like tom roaming around
Should he be classified as a registered sex offender, I'd say that's going a bit too far but I have no real experience in such matters and have very little legal knowledge so my thoughts on that can easily be wrong and could be debated for hours
Plus the whole matter of how SHE feels, I nor anybody else could or should try and change how feels regardless of personally opinion.

Let’s recap. He tickled her for a few seconds and tried to lean in to kiss her on the cheek. Did threaten her job? No. This is not a big deal except now the press paints him out to be a sexual predator, as do you. Thats why she should have kept her fucking mouth shut.

He put his hands on her in a way that's not part of a business relationship, without her permission. He pestered her about staying overnight when she'd expressed an intent to travel, and he showed up at her room uninvited, then tried to kiss her. He was one of the most powerful newsmen at the network. His position had a lot to do with it.
You still haven't come up with a good reason why, if she's telling the truth, she should have kept her fucking mouth shut.

He put his hands on her in a way that's not part of a business relationship, without her permission. He pestered her about staying overnight when she'd expressed an intent to travel, and he showed up at her room uninvited, then tried to kiss her. He was one of the most powerful newsmen at the network. His position had a lot to do with it.
You still haven't come up with a good reason why, if she's telling the truth, she should have kept her fucking mouth shut.

Why come out with it now? Because all these other women suddenly feel empowered to speak out? It was no big deal, she wasn’t raped or fired from her job. I could understand if this was ongoing and she honestly felt her life or career was in peril. That was simply not the case. Therefore, she should have kept quiet.

Why come out with it now? Because all these other women suddenly feel empowered to speak out? It was no big deal, she wasn’t raped or fired from her job. I could understand if this was ongoing and she honestly felt her life or career was in peril. That was simply not the case. Therefore, she should have kept quiet.

You think people (let's face it, you're talking about women) who feel they have been wronged or had to deal with shit from a powerful person should just keep quiet about it, even if they're telling the truth?

You think people (let's face it, you're talking about women) who feel they have been wronged or had to deal with shit from a powerful person should just keep quiet about it, even if they're telling the truth?
It helps no one here. If she wanted to tell someone about it, tell a shrink, not the press. Why ruin a guy’s reputation just to make yourself feel better?

It helps no one here. If she wanted to tell someone about it, tell a shrink, not the press. Why ruin a guy’s reputation just to make yourself feel better?

Why does she have to keep quiet, if it's the truth?
Why is it her responsibility to keep quiet, just protect his reputation?

Why does she have to keep quiet, if it's the truth?
Why is it her responsibility to keep quiet, just protect his reputation?

Yes, exactly. Protect his reputation. She chose to ruin his instead because she apparently wanted the publicity and sympathy from the rest of the sheep that blindly believe every sordid detail she spouted. No matter how innocent it was.

Yes, exactly. Protect his reputation. She chose to ruin his instead because she apparently wanted the publicity and sympathy from the rest of the sheep that blindly believe every sordid detail she spouted. No matter how innocent it was.

But it wasn't innocent. Even just looking at it from a professional standpoint.
What gave him the right to act inappropriately, and what gives her the responsibility of dealing with it?

I would say that we don't know what her intentions are on this matter.
We don't know for a fact that she is trying to capitalize on the Metoo movement, as some suggest.

She may have not wanted to come forward at all, but with everyone voicing their concerns, it seemed relevant to her.

We don't know.

We only have our opinions.

I do however put this up to american neuroticism however. The culture that we're participating in is becoming incredibly neurotic. BUT... it's our culture, so we'd have to clean it up.

For instance, take this man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmuw1E0D6CM

He was bullied in his teen years by a man who became a councilmember. This was apparently traumatic.

He held it in for a long time and finally confronted him for all the world to see, and then left.

I think the former bully is taking the Brokaw Approach on this one.

But it wasn't innocent. Even just looking at it from a professional standpoint.
What gave him the right to act inappropriately, and what gives her the responsibility of dealing with it?
Was it inappropriate? Yes. Did she need to tell the world about it? No. I’d rather have not known any of this happened. Like I said, if she felt that strongly about it, tell a shrink or a priest, rabbi, etc. In other words, someone who will keep quiet about it.

I would say that we don't know what her intentions are on this matter.
We don't know for a fact that she is trying to capitalize on the Metoo movement, as some suggest.
She may have not wanted to come forward at all, but with everyone voicing their concerns, it seemed relevant to her.
We don't know.
We only have our opinions.
I do however put this up to american neuroticism however. The culture that we're participating in is becoming incredibly neurotic. BUT... it's our culture, so we'd have to clean it up.

Or, maybe people are just tired of taking shit and keeping their mouths shut about it because "that's the way it's always been".

Was it inappropriate? Yes. Did she need to tell the world about it? No. I’d rather have not known any of this happened. Like I said, if she felt that strongly about it, tell a shrink or a priest, rabbi, etc. In other words, someone who will keep quiet about it.

You'd rather not know about it?
So, her feelings aren't important, but yours and Brokaw's are?

You'd rather not know about it?
So, her feelings aren't important, but yours and Brokaw's are?

You are missing the point. Tell a friend or a professional, not the press. Jeez she probably couldn’t wait to contact CNN. ‘I have a juicy story about how Tom Brokaw sexually assaulted me! Are ya interested?’ Why go that route unless you are trying to destroy a good man.

You are missing the point. Tell a friend or a professional, not the press. Jeez she probably couldn’t wait to contact CNN. ‘I have a juicy story about how Tom Brokaw sexually assaulted me! Are ya interested?’ Why go that route unless you are trying to destroy a good man.

Because maybe she didn't feel like keeping the secret anymore, just because "he's a good man"?

Because maybe she didn't feel like keeping the secret anymore, just because "he's a good man"?

Her reasons are unimportant. She has to live with the fact that his reputation is harmed irreparably now. What about Brokaw’s friends and family? How about their feelings? It’s gotta be tough.

Her reasons are unimportant. She has to live with the fact that his reputation is harmed irreparably now. What about Brokaw’s friends and family? How about their feelings? It’s gotta be tough.

Her reasons are unimportant, but everyone else's feelings are?
And you wonder why women are "suddenly" so pissed off?

Her reasons are unimportant, but everyone else's feelings are?
And you wonder why women are "suddenly" so pissed off?

She was not effected in any way by what she is alleging happened with Brokaw. He on the other hand is basically a pariah in many peoples eyes. Is that fair to him?

Or, maybe people are just tired of taking shit and keeping their mouths shut about it because "that's the way it's always been".

No, not at all. From the persepctive of an avid observer of Americans, I'd say it's more of neurotic and silly behavior pushed through via various techniques of social engineering.

Am I correct in perceiving that you are ignoring everything in my quote aside from the piece you can use to get angry at?

Telling a friend may help for some. But for others, there must be closure or it ultimately makes them mentally disturbed. If you were leaned in on for a kiss, what would you do in such a situation?

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/24/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back