• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Trying to figure out an old sci-fi show/episode

Cosmo_ac

4th Level Blue Feather
Recently I've been trying to remember an episode of an old sci-fi show. Thing is, I can't remember the name of the show. I'll try and describe it as best as I can, and hope somebody knows what I'm talking about.

So, anyway, I want to say it was only a half-hour show, and was pretty episodic. Something like the twilight zone, or something like that. I also want to say it was an 80's show, maybe early 90's.

The episode itself was about two guys, I think con men, who came across this area, maybe a dessert. In the distance, they could see this mirage of a building. They ended up starting to charge people to come look at the building. For some reason, it seems to really inspire/awe/touch people. One visitor in particular recites "Kubla Khan: Or a vision in a dream" by Samuel Tailor Coleridge.

Eventually they end up running into this other con man, somebody who they have a past with and don't like. They tell him to go away, but he comes back later, having bought the land or something, and takes over, getting rid of the other two. For some reason, after he buys it, the mirage stops appearing. He get's pissed off and drives away. The two guys come back, and the mirage appears again. End episode.

Anyhow, It's just been bugging me trying to remember what this show/episode was, and figured I'd try and ask here, since I was having no luck with Google.

Much obliged Sketch. Just curious, how did you find it? I seemed to get nothing when I tried searching in google.

At first I wondered if it might have been something from the 90s reboot of The Outer Limits, so I skimmed the episode listings. Nothing matched, and it didn't match your estimated era either. So I googled "kubla khan science fiction mirage" and it popped right up! I should've tried that first :)

Dangit! I tried that in my search, but I had more words, so maybe that's why it didn't pop up. At any rate, thanks for that.

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back