• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

UK People, who are you?

Hello, I'm John and I'm from Sheffield.

Hang on, that's not right.

Er, yeah. The name tell you the key points, I live up here and I'm organising the aforementioned Leeds munch later this month. I'm a relative veteran on the UK "scene" (starting from the first UKTF organised BAST play party) and have also dragged my other half kicking and screaming into the whole thing.

As you can see from my post count, I dont spend much time on this USA-based forum

Do i know you mr?

Actually, a lot of retailers don't accept Scottish notes either - apparently, they're easier to forge. But on the NI money - I can understand where you're coming from. I've been there, done that. However, a lot of it got robbed so I reckon they're just playing safe at the moment (Just kidding)!

Also, I don't think English people have ever seen plastic money - The Northern printed some limited edition plastic notes - great concept I think!

The northern bank have now decided just 2 use the plastic notes 4 their fivers- i work in a shop and old people absolutely hate getting them in their change! and i dnt even think that its as much 2 do with forgery... i honestly think a lot of english ppl jus dnt no that northern ireland is part of the UK! :Grrr:

lol anyway... mini rant over! UK member here! and thanks 4 the reply subzero :bubble:

who are you uk people

I am from liverpool too (at least for the next one and a half months):Hyrdrogen

Hello all I am from the East Midlands, nice to see so many of us here from the UK

Actually, a lot of retailers don't accept Scottish notes either - apparently, they're easier to forge.

Thats a common myth, english notes are actually far easier to forge, As long as it says pound sterling, its legal tender where it comes from in the uk shouldnt matter. If we didnt acceppt english notes for the same reason there would be a massive uproar about it lol

Yet here we are, hiding in shadows...the remenants of the empire, so to speak :D

Yet here we are, hiding in shadows...the remenants of the empire, so to speak :D

The Falklands? :upsidedow

British member here too, from the Shire of Stafford where not much happens really. Aside from the Shakespeare up at the castle every summer. You ever in the area, pop in, it's always a good show.

Im semi from UK. I was born there although now Im living in Spain Im there often though. Different places primarily London!!

Cave In said:
Thats a common myth, english notes are actually far easier to forge, As long as it says pound sterling, its legal tender where it comes from in the uk shouldnt matter.

I'm reliably informed that if a retailer turns down Scottish notes just because they're Scottish you can turn around and walk out of the shop with the stuff you were trying to pay for :-o

I'm reliably informed that if a retailer turns down Scottish notes just because they're Scottish you can turn around and walk out of the shop with the stuff you were trying to pay for :-o

Are you sure you aren't doing that just because you're Scottish? :devil:

Are you sure you aren't doing that just because you're Scottish? :devil:

Aha but you see I'm NOT Scottish, sir! I am in fact a scouser. Make of that what you will; most likely some weak shoplifting jokes :D

Aha but you see I'm NOT Scottish, sir! I am in fact a scouser. Make of that what you will; most likely some weak shoplifting jokes :D

My bad - I'll make no jokes, but I will move my arms up and down in a stereotypical scouser way ;)

My bad - I'll make no jokes, but I will move my arms up and down in a stereotypical scouser way ;)

Whilst wearing a perm wig, a shell suit and shouting "Hey! Hey! Hey! Calm down! Calm down!" And "Gizzajob!" At the same time as robbing your wheels from your car and replacing them with bricks.

Ferry, across the Mersey...

Thats a common myth, english notes are actually far easier to forge, As long as it says pound sterling, its legal tender where it comes from in the uk shouldnt matter. If we didnt acceppt english notes for the same reason there would be a massive uproar about it lol

WARNING! THREAD HIJACK! (Apologies, it'll soon be over)

You could be right about being easier to forge, I've not been able to find anything official to tell me otherwise; however, Scottish and Northern Ireland notes are NOT legal tender anywhere; even in their own countries. English and Welsh notes ARE legal tender in England and Wales; but nowhere else. Being 'legal tender' doesn't mean banknotes aren't acceptable in transactions. Using cheques, debit and credit cards are not legal tender. But, as long as both parties agree on what method of payment to use, it's fine. You could theoretically use bananas to pay for your car!

A definite reason for refusing Scottish and NI notes is unfamiliarity; NI notes are more difficult to pay with than Scottish ones! Also, notes saying 'sterling' are not necessarily legal tender; but doesn't mean that they're illegal or any less in value. They're classed as 'legal currency' and as such are approved by Parliament and backed up by the Bank of England. So Scottish and NI notes are acceptable for payment within the UK, which is the most important part. You may however have to convince the seller in some cases, unfortunately.

THREAD HIJACK OVER!

Good to see so many UK people here. 'Int the UK brilliant?!

Cave In - I was up at the Mull of Galloway recently - beautiful place - I haven't had the pleasure of staying up there for more than a few hours until then - I'd definitely go back.

:D

Last edited:
I think I fancy moving to Pitcairn Island now.

Hi,

Believe I may be the first Mancunian to post on this thread.

Am hopefully going to the Leeds Munch, went to the Sheffield T Party in January, so I've already met a couple of people from here.

On the UKTF. Good people there.

hey folks,
Whats with everyone being up north? ... Am i really the only one from the west county? Yeovil here...thats near Exeter if your wondering...googlemap it! lol. heh at least i got the entire west side of the uk to myself ^^
lol cheers x

south west here dude, i know a few others down this end too, big up, westside

Dude you mean there are others down here too? lol Awesome! Nice to know theres more of us this end :)
Happy days ^^

Door 44 Productions
What's New

6/17/2024
Visit Door 44 Productions for ticklign clips! Details in the D44 box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back