• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Walking the Fields of Waterloo

Redmage

1st Level Black Feather
Just about two years ago, I was in the gym deadlifting with 300 lbs on the bar. I got a little sloppy with my form, and I felt something like two rubber bands snapping in my right arm. I had ruptured my distal biceps tendon.

We attempted surgery to fix it, but it couldn't be fixed. Bonus: The surgeon strayed too close to a nerve and when I came out of anaesthesia my right hand was paralyzed. I'm a technical writer, so imagine my joy.

Well, I've recovered the use of my hand since then - vitamin therapy, believe it or not - but my biceps is a permanent loss barring some new medical miracle. I've regained a fair bit of the strength in that arm (ask me about clubbells sometime), but it'll probably never be 100%.

I've been getting back into the gym and today my workout called for deadlifts for the first time in two years. I had the hardest time getting to the gym; things kept demanding my attention, it seemed. I finally got there and found myself sitting in the parking lot, dithering. I was dreading that barbell.

But eventually I pushed myself out of the car, into the gym, and over to the power rack. My workout called for seven 1-rep sets. I pulled 205, 225, 245, 245, 255, 255, and 265. Not up to my personal record, but not bad for a two year layoff.

Even better: That damned barbell is a lot less scary now.

Congrats, man. Major injuries that occur while we are doing the things that we love...especially anything that involves nerves or tendons can be the hardest to recover from. It took me two years to recover from my tendinitis (too much guitar) and I still have occasional pain from it.

Congratulations!

I know all too well how hellish it can be to overcome an injury like that. I hope your recovery continues to go well for you.

Sounds like an injury a pro-wrestler gets. Glad you didn't need roids to heal! ;)

Way to make a comeback bro....!

After I broke my ankles last August I was sure I would never walk again at my age, but lo and behold...perserverance and support from so many friends and family members and I am walking and working again...

It can be done if you want it to be....

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back