• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What frame size would you prefer for downloadable clips?

Which frame size would you prefer for downloadable clips?

• 400x300

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 480x360

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Last Laugh

3rd Level Green Feather
What screen size would you prefer for downloadable clips?

Hello everyone!

As some of you may know, I'm currently experimenting with clip creation so that I may eventually offer my work for sale in downloadable clip form (though physical videos will still be available). I know how to do it, but I'm still tweaking a few things. In particular, I'm trying to come up with a good compromise between screen size, file size (which comes down to bit rate) and picture quality. I've pretty much decided on the approximate bit rate to use, but I can't decide which screen size to use.

I know some producers offer large clips that are 640x480 (pixels). Pretty impressive, but this involves very large files, and I'm not comfortable with something like that yet. I don't like the level of quality I get as such sizes. Smaller screens always look sharper to me, even if the bitrate is a bit lower.

I've been considering two screen sizes: 480x360 and 400x300. The former isn't as big as 640x480, but big enough that it doesn't matter much. I can get a pretty good level of quality when creating such clips at about 6MB/min. It seems like a good compromise.

However, 400x300 at about 5MB/min is very appealing to me. Sure, 400x300 can't compare to the 640x480 clips some producers are selling, and they're smaller than 480x360. But, at 5MB/min, such clips are a bit faster to download, a bit easier to play, and picture is a bit sharper (compared to 480x360). Download speed and bitrate may not matter much to people with faster connections and/or computers, but it may be very convenient for people with slower equipment.

My personal preference is for 400x300. I don't mind the size, which is big enough to see everything just fine, and even though the increase in picture quality compared to 480x360 isn't glaring, I find it enough of an improvement to be worth it. To me, quality is more important than size.

Then again, I'm not the one who's going to buy the clips. I'd be curious to get some feedback about this. So, taking into account that my choices are pretty much limited to the two screen sizes that I've mentioned, each with its pros and cons, and assuming the prices (yet to be determined) will be the same regardless of the size, which one would you prefer?

If you're not sure how big these screen sizes are, you can get a better idea by going here: http://www.thelastlaughinc.com/frames.html. In addition to 400x300 and 480x360 I've included a 320x240 blank picture so you can compare with the size of my preview clips.

If you have any comments in addition to your vote, please don't hesitate to post them. Thank you.

Last edited:
What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back