• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Why is "tickle" so hard to say / hear?

Interesting topic...

It's a word that implies an action AND a feeling... that we are all... um, sensitive to. Fortunately, or maybe not... LOL... it doesn't come up in conversation much. I have kinda the same thing if "feather" is brought into a conversation.

I have the same issue. I cant say it unless im with a close friend or someone who is tickling me. I can only talk about it through typing a message. I dont know why! When i was younger i used to get so mad i would cry when my stepdad tickled my mom. i HATED it. i still do. I really dont know why. Here, i feel really comfortable talking about it because tickling is the focus of the forum.

Your not alone bro. I think its because of the internet, and the fact that by know everyone knows its a fetish. That why I dont use the word hardly ever.. I'm scared to blow my cover. lol

I find that if I am being a ler, I have absolutely zero problems saying it to taunt and tease my lee verbally, however if things are reversed, it's the opposite. I can talk about it in day to day casual conversation, but as soon as I see or feel like the other person has the upper hand, I loose the ability to say it. I have a lot of difficulty admitting how ticklish I am and where to my ler. A have a friend who likes to make me tell him what I think he wants to do to me...and that's nearly impossible for me to do lol.

So many of us are like this. I'm not nervous about what others think of me when I say 'tickle' - it's totally a personal discomfort I have. I'm mostly a private person (irrespective of tickling); I keep the pillow talk in the bedroom. I don't like people knowing what I do in my private life (I hate "tagging" myself on social media).

For me, it's a childhood thing. I had no idea what the fuck the mere idea of tickling was doing to my body... but I knew I loved it! Plus, no matter what your fancy is, it just ain't comfortable being sexually aroused in public!

In fact, when other people mention tickling in public, I always feel like I have this look on my face ==> surprised_monkey.jpg

Its an interesting phenomenon indeed! I have no problem conversing with others through chat or text when it comes to tickling, but there's just something about saying it out loud that strips you bare and really brings out a subconscious vulnerability. One of my tutors at uni said it during a group discussion in class the other day and I totally lost all focus for a minute because the only thing running through my mind was how she said it and what an odd choice of word it was.

All in all, I think we just place an over-zealous meaning on the word because it holds such a secret value for us personally. Its a trigger for us because we are conditioned to hide this side of ourselves. So when it pops up in day to day life it seems out of place or threatening because many of us keep this part of ourselves confined to the TMF.

deadlywiffeathr - No wonder you're at uni! I can't use proper words which I find frustrating, but that was an intelligent answer. :) Do you remember what context your uni teacher mentioned tickling in?

btw, I love Australia! Never been, but I just love the whole culture and laid back attitude...and the idea of sunshine. Greetings from the UK! :)

This is so interesting. Obviously we with this fetish are hardwired the same way. I feel the same about both words but as I have gotten older and care so much less about being embarrassed I can say them more now than when I was younger but I react the same way as you all have described.
I feel that not only with the word tickling, but the word feet.
That's why it is so wonderful being with people who have the same fetish and can talk freely...it is so comfortable and freeing.

I think that just when someone says and someone else hears the word it just makes us feel vulnerable and nervous especially if you're very ticklish. I know that if I am going to be tickled, I get nervous but in a good way, like the feeling of being on a roller coaster when you're going down a very long drop and it's exciting.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/24/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back