• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A&F doesn't hire a girl because .......

Abercrombie & Bitch sucks balls.

I prefer Fruit of the Loom pocket-t's with nothing on them.

I think another flashmobbing is needed. This time, with amputees (and none should try to buy ANYTHING)...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jdeBp8J0rqs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jdeBp8J0rqs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'd buy their overpriced shit if she waited on me!!

That is just disgusting. First off, if she didn't fit the "natural look policy" why hire her at all? Did she not have the prosthetic when they hired her? I mean COME ON! The fact that they can have a "look policy" is insane. The very fact they are right off the bat discriminating against certain people even APPLYING for a job there by having a policy like that is just ugh.

So much for ever having a world of equality when one of the largest clothing store chains prohibits people who do not have a "natural" look from working there.

Wow...that is just about one of the worst things I have read about them.

I am so glad that I boycotted their stores all through high school and continue to boycott them today. I never felt comfortable the couple times I wandered in anyway because the staff would give me dirty looks.

Out of interest other stores I blacklist are Hollister, A and E and anywhere that doesn't make clothes that fit real people.

Aw! She's so pretty, though!

I agree shes very pretty. Honestly I think she would make a better model than some of the ones they have there . The bleach blond hair that almost looks white , so tan they look like parking cones , so skinny you could count each rib through their shirt to me is not attractive one bit

I hope this girl kicks their ass and takes every penny that she can get from them in court because no store should get away with discrimination like this.

That's ludicrous. It's discrimination in so many forms, I don't know how they are still in business.

I hope this girl kicks their ass and takes every penny that she can get from them in court because no store should get away with discrimination like this.

Likewise. Classy move, A&F. Classy fucking move. :sowrong:

Sucks balls but:

A. Why hire her in the first place? and

B. Aren't they allowed to discriminate? I forget the exact clause but I used to work at a place where situations similar to this (a certain look), was perfectly legal due to the nature of the business itself. It'd be like a dude suing Hooters for not hiring just 'cause he doesn't haz da boobies.

Oh wait .. BadReligion you titled this wrong.
She wasn't fired. She was put in the storage room until winter season.
Not any better and thank GOD she just walked away .. but she wasn't fired.
Now that would be insane.

Stupid A&F ... you can get the same clothes cheaper at Target. Ugh.

Sucks balls but:
A. Why hire her in the first place? and

This is the million dollar question and the young lady must be wondering the same thing. Was she wearing a long-sleeve top so that the interviewer didn't notice the appearance of her left arm? Whatever the reason, A&F must be racking their brains in order to come out with some sort of serious damage control. They've already shattered this girl's self-confidence. Frankly, I won't be crying for them if they lose lots of $$$ in a lawsuit.

so she she could work at a&f after all?????.

Yup.
They hired her and then one of the people that make sure the people in the front are always looking "American" .. whatever that look is ... told her to take off a sweater she was wearing because they said it wasn't allowed, but she had been given special permission because of her arm not being American enough.

So then she was banned to the storage room.

Legal issues

Since the rise in popularity of Abercrombie & Fitch, the brand has been involved in legal conflicts over employment practices and clothing style.

[edit] Lawsuit against American Eagle Outfitters

In 2002, Abercrombie & Fitch filed a lawsuit against American Eagle Outfitters, claiming that they copied their garments' designs, among other things. The lawsuit was based on a trade dress claim, stating that American Eagle Outfitters had very closely mimicked Abercrombie & Fitch's products' visual appearance and packaging. Specifically, A&F claimed that American Eagle Outfitters copied particular articles of clothing, in-store displays and advertisements, and even the A&F product catalog. Despite the admission that American Eagle may have utilized very similar materials, designs, in-store displays, symbols, color combinations, and patterns as Abercrombie & Fitch, the court ruled that there was not an excessive level of similarity to confuse potential customers, and therefore the court ruled in favor of the defendant, American Eagle.[50]

[edit] Employment practices

In 2004 lawsuit González v. Abercrombie & Fitch, the company was accused of discriminating against ethnic minorities by preferentially offering desirable positions to White American employees.[51] The company agreed to an out-of-court settlement of the class action suit. As part of the settlement terms, Abercrombie and Fitch agreed to pay US$45 million to rejected applicants and affected employees, include more minorities in advertising campaigns, appoint a Vice President of Diversity, hire 25 recruiters to seek minority employees, and discontinue the practice of recruiting employees at primarily white fraternities and sororities.[22][52]

Dwight A. McBride has written Why I Hate Abercrombie and Fitch: Essays on Race and Sexuality, which explores greater American intergroup relations while criticizing Abercrombie and Fitch.[53]

[edit] Controversy and criticism

Since its re-establishment in 1988, Abercrombie & Fitch has faced numerous accusations in regards to its employment practices, merchandise, and advertising campaigns which have been described as sexually explicit and racist.[54][24]

Yup.
They hired her and then one of the people that make sure the people in the front are always looking "American" .. whatever that look is ... told her to take off a sweater she was wearing because they said it wasn't allowed, but she had been given special permission because of her arm not being American enough.

It doesnt make it any better the poor girl bassically got screwed for something she couldn't help .

Yup.

It's all so sad. Who are they to tell someone how they "should" look, you know? I hate that kind of close-mindedness.

Yup.
They hired her and then one of the people that make sure the people in the front are always looking "American" .. whatever that look is ...

I hope I don't get in trouble for this but I always thought their look was "Gay".

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back