• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Child beaten on bellville school bus

History card has been beaten to hell and back when people want to justify anything that is wrong today. It sure is nice to quote the past rather than speak of the present.

So...why dont schools celebrate Greek history month, German history month, Irish history month, Italian history month, or Polish history month?

What do you think every other month is? ;)

Seriously though, they exist, you just don't hear about them as much. Honestly, I think you're getting worked up over nothing. It's a month (the shortest month of the year too) honoring important African-Americans. It isn't suggesting dominance of a race or anything of that nature.

http://www.polishamericancenter.org/heritmo.htm

http://www.gmbookchest.com/pages/heritage.html

http://italian.about.com/library/blniahmspecial.htm

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release...cts_for_features_special_editions/006328.html

Ah, but history is very important as to why "minorities" have this ethnic pride and why they display it so much. It is because of history that there is even a double standard to begin with. People are so quick to dismiss history. Well, you can't dismiss it if you are wondering "why is there a double standard".

Think about it folks. The United States is 233 years old. It was ONLY 40 years ago, blacks (for example) received their "Civil rights". 40 years out of 233. I'm sure you know the history. Kidnapped and brought to the United States from their native land to work in the hot ass sun. Families broken apart, denied education, killed, beaten, maimed. Even after the slaves were freed, it STILL took another 100 years for blacks to be recognized as "equal citizens". How come racial groups such as the Black Panthers were brought down quickly, yet the Ku Klux Klan is still actively around and having parades? There's a double standard because of what "whites" did during the course of this nation's history.

Let's look at the Native Americans. They were here first until some illegal immigrants showed up and took over their land. Then on top of that, they were nearly wiped out and whoever was left were relegated to live on a reservation. Yeah, there is a double standard.

Think about the Germans, Italians and all Asians during WWII. Americans of those nationalities fought for the United States, yet, still discriminated against and placed in camps. Yeah, there is a double standard.

It cracks me up to hear people say "Why is there black history month or why is there a Black Entertainment Television". Well the other 11 months are based on "white American history" in this nation. "White Entertainment television" is NBC, CBS, ABC, and Fox. Yeah, there is a double standard.

It is good to see the United States making great strides in racial equality. Today is a LOT better than 50 years ago. But, when people question double standards, go back 50 years and beyond and you will get your answer.

But back to the original topic, that attack is a case of moron kids beating up an innocent kid. Their races should be inconsequential.

On the one hand, yeah, if the kid was black and was getting beat up by a white kid with mostly white kids cheering him on, there would be more media attention for this.

On the other hand... I don't think this was about race. I don't think it's usually about race in the hypothetical situation I mentioned above either.

People are just used to assuming it's about race when a black person is attacked by a white person. If the reverse is done, then people are usually better about approaching the situation logically.

Whatever the case, it's probably an inner city school, which means your classmates are mostly trash and probably more likely to be aggressive at that age.

Then again, kids can often be aggressive in general with all those annoying hormones flowing. I'm just glad to be past that point in my life, and I'm sure that kid will be soon enough as well.

Ah, but history is very important as to why "minorities" have this ethnic pride and why they display it so much. It is because of history that there is even a double standard to begin with. People are so quick to dismiss history. Well, you can't dismiss it if you are wondering "why is there a double standard".

Think about it folks. The United States is 233 years old. It was ONLY 40 years ago, blacks (for example) received their "Civil rights". 40 years out of 233. I'm sure you know the history. Kidnapped and brought to the United States from their native land to work in the hot ass sun. Families broken apart, denied education, killed, beaten, maimed. Even after the slaves were freed, it STILL took another 100 years for blacks to be recognized as "equal citizens". How come racial groups such as the Black Panthers were brought down quickly, yet the Ku Klux Klan is still actively around and having parades? There's a double standard because of what "whites" did during the course of this nation's history.

Let's look at the Native Americans. They were here first until some illegal immigrants showed up and took over their land. Then on top of that, they were nearly wiped out and whoever was left were relegated to live on a reservation. Yeah, there is a double standard.

Think about the Germans, Italians and all Asians during WWII. Americans of those nationalities fought for the United States, yet, still discriminated against and placed in camps. Yeah, there is a double standard.

It cracks me up to hear people say "Why is there black history month or why is there a Black Entertainment Television". Well the other 11 months are based on "white American history" in this nation. "White Entertainment television" is NBC, CBS, ABC, and Fox. Yeah, there is a double standard.

It is good to see the United States making great strides in racial equality. Today is a LOT better than 50 years ago. But, when people question double standards, go back 50 years and beyond and you will get your answer.

But back to the original topic, that attack is a case of moron kids beating up an innocent kid. Their races should be inconsequential.

It is true that you can't ignore history, but the choice to put the past behind you is usually for the best.

What I said is people use the past whenever a current issue is brought up. I never said you can't discuss the past for it's own merit. Many things have occurred throughout history that need to be remembered so as to hopefully stop them from occurring again. What happened on that school bus happened in the present, not 200 years ago.

Dollar says not a living soul will see or hear of Reverend Jessie Jackson/Al Sharpton anywhere near the scene

Its interesting you say that - every time something of a 'racial' issue comes up, the good reverend always seems to have something to shout from the rafters.

This video makes me sick. I dont even think its a racial thing. Crystal is right - the mentality of (high school?) kids these days is just to egg it on. Its either that or risk the getting some of that trashy spotlight on you.

Either join in, or silently ignore it. What a couple of fucking choices. This reminds me of why I hated Brookfield Central my junior and senior years. All the hazing, all of the 'clique' mentalities. Even in my own group that I ran with - you'd think things were fine, that we were the ones that didn't pass judgement, until your best friend decides to alienate a particular person from the group, simply for having a slight social handicap.

....Sigh.

Its things like these that make me very proud to be an American citizen. (NOT.)

Its things like these that make me very proud to be an American citizen. (NOT.)

Yeah, 'cos it's so much better in the rest of the world.
Being a teenager is shit. I don't condone it, but that's the way it is.

It might well have been a racial issue. Then again, it might not. When you're that age bullies tend to look towards any justification for their actions. I had my face smashed into a concrete wall by an Asian guy when I was thirteen (allegedly, for not being Asian enough), and a few weeks later was soundly beaten to a pulp by a hulking white guy (allegedly, on account of my being Asian).
In reality, I think it was less the colour of my skin, and more the fact that I was a short, fat kid with no friends that made me an easy target.

So yes. To close, kids are shit.

Yeah, 'cos it's so much better in the rest of the world.
Being a teenager is shit. I don't condone it, but that's the way it is.

It might well have been a racial issue. Then again, it might not. When you're that age bullies tend to look towards any justification for their actions. I had my face smashed into a concrete wall by an Asian guy when I was thirteen (allegedly, for not being Asian enough), and a few weeks later was soundly beaten to a pulp by a hulking white guy (allegedly, on account of my being Asian).
In reality, I think it was less the colour of my skin, and more the fact that I was a short, fat kid with no friends that made me an easy target.

So yes. To close, kids are shit.

I can agree with that. Maybe that last comment of mine was a little bit of generalization, but it was more of a commentary on the sort of values we teach our kids. Hell, its cool to be the badass, and to feel like you can beat the living crap out of somebody just for living, right?

What do you think every other month is? ;)

Seriously though, they exist, you just don't hear about them as much. Honestly, I think you're getting worked up over nothing. It's a month (the shortest month of the year too) honoring important African-Americans. It isn't suggesting dominance of a race or anything of that nature.

http://www.polishamericancenter.org/heritmo.htm

http://www.gmbookchest.com/pages/heritage.html

http://italian.about.com/library/blniahmspecial.htm

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release...cts_for_features_special_editions/006328.html

Oh, I had no doubt of those months being real, but that still does not answer my question. Because at least Where I grew up and went to school, none of those were even acknowledged. Maybe that was just my school, but I have my doubts.

I disagree. They are not based on "white history" as you call it, they are based on history, with no regards to skin color. As much as I cant stand Obama, having a black man become elected as president is a moment of history. Are you telling me that wont be in history books, and will only be briefly spoken off during black history month?

So what are the rest of the TV networks? We have one for blacks, in your case 4 for whites, and the rest?

Because allowing double standards to continue will lead to further improvement? I have my doubts

So, if I wear a "White Pride" shirt, does that make me racist, primetime?

I think it would to some communities.

Then those communities are racist.

See, it works both ways. If I were to wear a shirt that said "White Pride," then for me, it would simply mean that I am proud to be a white man who does not give in to racial profiling. There are many, many racist white people out there, and I am proud to NOT be one of them. Therefore, I am proud to be white.

But if someone, anyone, white, black, hispanic, asian, or otherwise, looks at that "White Pride" shirt and says that I am racist because of it, that means they are using their opinion of me, based on the color of my skin, to make a judgement against me. That, by definition, makes them racist.

Then those communities are racist.

See, it works both ways. If I were to wear a shirt that said "White Pride," then for me, it would simply mean that I am proud to be a white man who does not give in to racial profiling. There are many, many racist white people out there, and I am proud to NOT be one of them. Therefore, I am proud to be white.

White Pride has more or less been tainted by Skinheads and the like. So wearing something of that nature would most likely cause many to assume the worse instead of the latter. The other irritation I have is that you have to fill some unknown quota to be able to wear shirts like that, or even "Puerto Rican" or "Proud to be Mexican" or something. Because if you're not a legit member of that community, then you risk dealing with a lot of shit.

If you are black then you are the first black person I've heard say something like that. Every African American in this area gets furious when you refer to Obama as black. "He's MIXED, not black!" >_>

Sure, but what facet of his ethnicity is constantly focused on?

So if I wore a shirt that said "Brown Pride" people might think it means the wrong thing? Because brown wouldn't be referring to blacks, but to Domos. But I like my Domo Brown Pride shirt...

Anyway, racism sucks, and due to the way this society has been build, people are still being judged on it, ALL people of all races. Too much to go into so I won't...

This completely blows my mind, I was always raised to think of people as people. I have never in my life judged someone for their skin color, I wasn't raised that way. Obviously some people are, and that's just disgusting.

Let's not forget there is a difference between white pride and white power. White power is the cry of the skinheads and neo-nazi fucktards that try to justify their own ignorance and bigotry. White pride is meant to signify being proud of who you are. Yeah, it's confused quite often, but their IS a difference.

But here's something else: it seems that nowadays, it's expected that white people are supposed to be ashamed to be white. PC people hammer us with nonsense about all the terrible things that happened in establishing this country. But let's be honest here. Can anyone name a single country on this planet, past or present, that wasn't built on the blood of other tribes or races? No, but we're still expected to be ashamed of who we are because of what our ancestors did. It's ridiculous. Remember the past, so we don't repeat it. But never let the past get in the way of being proud of who you are, no matter what race you are.

Ok, enough rambling shit from me. To the topic at hand: was the beating racially motivated? I'd say about 10% yes and 90% no. Kids are basically assholes, especially at a high school level. They'll use any excuse to check nuts and prove what tough guys they are. If he was really a quiet kid, he instantly becomes a target. But somewhere in those kids minds, after the beating started, the thought of "fuck this white boy" was lurking. A wonderful little by-product of what kids see on tv and hear from parents and such. The other white kids probably stayed out because A) they were getting to see someone get the shit kicked out of him and B) they didn't want to become targets themselves, which is a crock of shit.

These kids don't realize yet that beating up a quiet, unassuming kid doesn't make them tough. It makes them pussies. If they knew that, any of those other kids, black or white, would have stepped in and stopped it. It's just stupid kids being stupid with just a bit of racism thrown in to make it a media circus.

And by the way...fuck that bus driver. I don't care what color he was, what training he has or whatever. He should have done whatever it took to stop that.

Let's not forget there is a difference between white pride and white power. White power is the cry of the skinheads and neo-nazi fucktards that try to justify their own ignorance and bigotry. White pride is meant to signify being proud of who you are. Yeah, it's confused quite often, but their IS a difference.

But here's something else: it seems that nowadays, it's expected that white people are supposed to be ashamed to be white. PC people hammer us with nonsense about all the terrible things that happened in establishing this country. But let's be honest here. Can anyone name a single country on this planet, past or present, that wasn't built on the blood of other tribes or races? No, but we're still expected to be ashamed of who we are because of what our ancestors did. It's ridiculous. Remember the past, so we don't repeat it. But never let the past get in the way of being proud of who you are, no matter what race you are.

Ok, enough rambling shit from me. To the topic at hand: was the beating racially motivated? I'd say about 10% yes and 90% no. Kids are basically assholes, especially at a high school level. They'll use any excuse to check nuts and prove what tough guys they are. If he was really a quiet kid, he instantly becomes a target. But somewhere in those kids minds, after the beating started, the thought of "fuck this white boy" was lurking. A wonderful little by-product of what kids see on tv and hear from parents and such. The other white kids probably stayed out because A) they were getting to see someone get the shit kicked out of him and B) they didn't want to become targets themselves, which is a crock of shit.

These kids don't realize yet that beating up a quiet, unassuming kid doesn't make them tough. It makes them pussies. If they knew that, any of those other kids, black or white, would have stepped in and stopped it. It's just stupid kids being stupid with just a bit of racism thrown in to make it a media circus.

And by the way...fuck that bus driver. I don't care what color he was, what training he has or whatever. He should have done whatever it took to stop that.

I agree, had I been that bus driver I would have been back there throwing kids all over the place. Someone's ass would have been mine and after splitting them up I would have turned my ass around drove back to the school and dragged that kid off the bus.

The assailants need to be arrested and charged with aggrivated assault and battery. Period. I don't give a fuck that they are kids in high school - if that shit went down in my neighborhood when I was in school, you could bet your ass those kids would be sitting in a jail cell for a few hours while charges were written up on them - regardless of who was what race.

People are reading too much into this. Its got nothing to do with race, its just a bunch of kids beating up the geek. I was that kid getting the shit kicked into me for most of my school childhood. Id always come home with bent glasses and an arm out of socket.

One day some dick tried it, i got the courage up and planted his face into the metal railing, completely broke his nose...blood everywhere. Bus driver dragged me off the bus, slapped me up a bit and drove off, i got banned from taking the bus home and got detention for a few weeks but the bullies never touched me again. Its called growing up.

Just a couple of points on the cross-talk and some assumptions:

Wearing a shirt that reads "White Pride" would tend to be associated with Aryan Nations or similar white supremacist groups. That sort of association has been made over the years pretty much across the country. Call it unfair or a double standard if you want, but it's tough to fight history, the context in which concepts have been presented, or the amount time since their presentation that has allowed for tolerance or acceptance. Some double standards simply have histories you cannot equate, cannot fight and associations that still cut to the quick. If that frustrates you, I offer the reminder that life isn't fair, and it's not going to be.

Interestingly, however, if you were to wear one reading "Irish Pride" or "Italian Pride" or "Greek Pride", there's notably less flak. I wonder if generally people see African Americans as a more homogenous group than European Americans, how that cuts both ways, and how it may play into matters. But then, I also wonder the effects of sleep-deprivation as I write this.

Secondly, I haven't gotten the chance to watch the clip -- dial-up, you know -- so I don't know if you can tell where the bus is at when the attack takes place, or if it's clear enough to detect that, but children are very astute observers of behavior. They will know when a bus driver cannot do anything to physically intervene -- like if the bus is moving at a good clip down a busy highway. In that case, there are only so many options you can execute within a reasonable amount of time.

Viper, I don't know you personally and I will not assume you are "racist". I believe you don't give a rat's ass on what someone's skin color is. However, you wear a White pride" t-shirt and I can almost guarantee you that will be associated with Neo Nazis, Skin heads, or the KKK. Those particular groups yell white power, but they also say they have "white pride". Probably not a good idea to wear that shirt in a large metropolis area where people, including whites, will think you are associated with one of those groups.

There is one good thing I see in America today. More people are saying a person's skin color does not matter. However, there is still inherent racism. All races do it. Believe me, I hate it when blacks blame whites for EVERYTHING. In fact, blacks have called me "white", even though my skin color is black because I "speak well" and I don't "act" black, whatever that means. Yeah, pretty stupid, but it happens...

Eyeshine, when you are learning American history, guess where the viewpoint is coming from? I haven't picked up a secondary school textbook in about 20 years, but I'm guessing that they don't criticize how whites engaged in genocide of Native Americans and took over their land, but called it "Manifest Destiny". I'm guessing how the typical textbook doesn't go into great detail of the atrocities against African Americans. My guess is history books, teach about how great our country is (it really is I will admit) and we're the "good guys". American history in textbooks are going to paint a positive picture. If someone can tell me history books have changed then I apologize....

Yes, Obama will be talked about in history books obviously. It was a positive moment.... I wonder what typical German history books say about Hitler? Can anyone tell us?

As for "White Entertainment Television". Think about it. Do you really need a channel specifically for whites? To have a channel where they show whites in sitcoms, dramas, gameshows, etc? Dammit, look around and realize every channel you see is pretty much "White Entertainment Television". Why do you think every year, there is clamor about putting more "color" in shows? If we don't want to talk about blacks, then how many shows are there where the focal point is on an Asian family? A Latino family? A Persian family? Now, ask yourself, how many shows are there that the main characters are white? The vast majority. Now, I like "white entertainment" like a lot of other people who are of color. My favorite comedy of all time is "Married with Children". White family. Non stop laughs. I don't care about color. Entertain me. Honestly, I really don't watch "Black Entertainment Television" either. I really don't watch that much TV. But I can understand why minorities want more color in shows.

Double standards were created because for 2 centuries of US history, whites (not all of them mind you, just certain ones who wielded power) sure made life miserable for minorities. For centuries, blacks were made to feel inferior to whites. Blacks were the ones who had to deal with blatant Jim Crow laws, not whites. Now that blacks and minorities have civil rights, the tide is turning. But, you can't erase "recent" history. There are still a few generations that "remember how it was". In about 100 years from now, we will see where race relations are (well, we won't technically), but at that time, if people are geniune about skin color doesn't matter, then everything should be cool and there shouldn't be double standards.

Viper, I don't know you personally and I will not assume you are "racist". I believe you don't give a rat's ass on what someone's skin color is. However, you wear a White pride" t-shirt and I can almost guarantee you that will be associated with Neo Nazis, Skin heads, or the KKK. Those particular groups yell white power, but they also say they have "white pride". Probably not a good idea to wear that shirt in a large metropolis area where people, including whites, will think you are associated with one of those groups.

Oh, don't get it twisted - I didn't say it was a GOOD idea. ROFL. I was just pointing out that anyone who immediately jumps to the conclusion that if I were to wear that kind of shit that I was a racist, is racist themselves. You appear to agree with me; I just didn't feel the need to point out the obvious, which obviously wasn't so obvious.

Obviously.

As for everything else you spelled out, I agree with you whole-heartedly. Society has taken on an "eye for an eye" attitude about racism - "You made me feel like dirt for XXX years, so now I get to make you feel like dirt for XXX years and if you say otherwise, you're a bigot" is what it boils down to.

It's not right, but we aren't going to be able to fix it, except for a small peice at a time - and maybe one day, maybe in our children's lifetimes but more likely their children's, we'll see true equality, where the simple action of calling someone black, white, hispanic or asian won't even happen anymore.

Holy christ, I am talking about my children's children...I'm starting to get old!! :grandpa:

Nice post Viper. I wish I could live another 100 years to find out what race relations will be like then.

But, I wouldn't call someone a racist because they think someone who is wearing a "white pride" shirt is racist. It's the nature of association. You see someone wearing a white pointy mask/hood and people will immediately associate KKK. Because skinheads, Neo Nazis and KKK members have made themselves very well known with their "white power/pride/superiority" rhetoric, whites have it a bit tougher in this country to display their "white pride".

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back