• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

computer problems

No, no fun at all. :(

I am against collisions with all astronomical bodies, in fact. :D :p

Yea most astronomical bodies tend to be very heavy and move very fast and I think physics says that means a whole lot of hurt if it hits you. :p

:D :p

Yup physics is the law. :p No getting around it. :p

In 1897, the state legislature of Indiana considered (but did not pass) a bill decreeing that pi is exactly equal to 3. Gee, if that had passed, then every circle in Indiana would have become a regular hexagon. :rowfull:
That is even more absurd than trying to repeal the laws of thermodynamics by legislative fiat.

In 1897, the state legislature of Indiana considered (but did not pass) a bill decreeing that pi is exactly equal to 3. Gee, if that had passed, then every circle in Indiana would have become a regular hexagon. :rowfull:
That is even more absurd than trying to repeal the laws of thermodynamics by legislative fiat.

Yea I heard about that. LOL :p Scary and funny at the same time. Comedian Lewis Black once said "The reason politicians cant balance a budget is it involves math and thats complicated." :D :p

Yea I heard about that. LOL :p Scary and funny at the same time. Comedian Lewis Black once said "The reason politicians cant balance a budget is it involves math and thats complicated." :D :p
Indeed, most politicians can't even do simple arithmetic. :sowrong:

The parts of physics that go against our intuition need to be understood through mathematics. :D :p

Quite true. :) I think Feynman said if I remember correctly "If anyone says to you they have an intuitive understanding of Quantum Mechanics they are lying." LOL

Quite true. :) I think Feynman said if I remember correctly "If anyone says to you they have an intuitive understanding of Quantum Mechanics they are lying." LOL

I had not seen that bit of wisdom from Feynman. Thanks for sharing it with me. :D :p

I had not seen that bit of wisdom from Feynman. Thanks for sharing it with me. :D :p

You are most welcome. One book of his that is very good is "QED" which is short for Quantum Electrodynamics. A really big word which just basically explains how light interacts with matter. Feynman offers a very good explanation of the subject.

You are most welcome. One book of his that is very good is "QED" which is short for Quantum Electrodynamics. A really big word which just basically explains how light interacts with matter. Feynman offers a very good explanation of the subject.
I can see that I need to learn more about physics.

Well you know a lot more math then me, so for Quantum Mechanics especially, knowing a lot of math is critical to understanding what is going on. :) :D

Yes, but I think it is worth it to better understand how the universe actually works.

I agree. :iagree: I needs to learn more math to achieve that... or at least come closer to achieving that. LOL :D :p

I have a t-shirt that has Maxwell's equations on it, as shown below.

Above them, it says, "God said ..."

Below them, it says, "... and there was light."

Attachments

• a11.gif
    a11.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 3
What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back