• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

computer problems

Cool stuff. :thumbsup: :cool: I love it. :D :p
I used to wear that t-shirt once a year, during the last day of class for Multivariable Calculus II.
I would tell the students, "In this class you have learned enough to understand how light and other electromagnetic radiation actually propagates," and then point to the shirt.

I used to wear that t-shirt once a year, during the last day of class for Multivariable Calculus II.
I would tell the students, "In this class you have learned enough to understand how light and other electromagnetic radiation actually propagates," and then point to the shirt.

A very useful shirt indeed. :thumbsup:

:D :p

Now that I am retired I haven't worn it but I will some day just to walk in Central Park. :D :p

Cool. :cool: There is a similar chemistry shirt with the light theme only with a picture of the molecule called luminol (3-aminophthalhydrazide) the molecule used in CSI investigations as it will glow blue when exposed to iron like the iron in blood. I dont have the shirt but I am thinking of getting some luminol for a few art projects. :D

Luminol is spoken of often on TV crime dramas. Glad know that it really exists.

Luminol is spoken of often on TV crime dramas. Glad know that it really exists.

It is often an organic chemistry experiment to synthesize it and then make it glow. It is sometimes called Bluestar when used by the police department.

I wish I knew more math. LOL I use to know a decent amount but I need to catch back up.

My brother, oddly enough, recently said a similar thing. In particular, he said that he wanted to relearn the mathematics that he learned in college and since forgot and then go on to learn more.

My brother, oddly enough, recently said a similar thing. In particular, he said that he wanted to relearn the mathematics that he learned in college and since forgot and then go on to learn more.

Yea thats what I would like to do. Since all the "lawyer fun" I might need to teach at a junior or state college. You need proposals in advance and it would be nice to actually know what I am talking about. LOL So I need to refresh my math. I remember "Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences" by Mary Boas was pretty good. I might see if I can find my old copy or get another one from Amazon. :)

You are very welcome, my friend.
Most people don't know that a lot of modern mathematical notation was invented by physicists who needed it to express their laws in compact form.

You are very welcome, my friend.
Most people don't know that a lot of modern mathematical notation was invented by physicists who needed it to express their laws in compact form.

Yes indeedy. :) I believe Newton even came up with the idea for Calculus. Though I think there is a bit of debate as too "invented" it first. Seems these days that always happens LOL.

Most mathematicians believe that Newton indeed discovered derivatives, integrals, and the relationship between them first, but didn't publish his results. Gottfried Leibniz then later independently discovered the same things and did publish before Newton.
They were both geniuses, so it is silly to argue about who gets the credit.

Most mathematicians believe that Newton indeed discovered derivatives, integrals, and the relationship between them first, but didn't publish his results. Gottfried Leibniz then later independently discovered the same things and did publish before Newton.
They were both geniuses, so it is silly to argue about who gets the credit.

I agree. :iagree: Everyone seems to love to upset the chessboard so to speak. They did the same thing with Einstein to I believe.

Alas, there is now a movement to declare that mathematics education is sexist:
http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/08/vanderbilt-u-prof-claims-math-education-is-sexist/

It should be noted that the professor who made that claim is a professor of mathematics education and not a professor of mathematics.

I have heard such nonsense before. It is very sad though. :(

I remember when I was at my former place of employment and one of our interns had one of their mathematics books out and I took a look at it. One subsection of the book was titled "Is Mathematics Racist?" I recall I just closed the book gave it back to the young lady and left without saying anything but thinking to myself I wonder how much longer civilization will survive. LOL

Yea I would certainly agree with you there. :iagree: On the other hand I think the widdle trees will be fine. :D :p
Yes, the trees will survive, which makes me happy. :D :p

But the cockroaches and the rats will also survive, which makes me sad. :(

Yes, the trees will survive, which makes me happy. :D :p

But the cockroaches and the rats will also survive, which makes me sad. :(

According to Population Zero. A show about if us humans vanished... cockroaches will likely be one of the first things to die off. They have become highly dependent on us. Not sure what they said about rats. :p

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back