• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Does Anyone Like To Watch.. Cartoons?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
I've been finding a new source of relaxation, other than the most intelligent Mr Jim Gardner every night. I've been watching.. cartoons.. Well, a cartoon.

When I lived in Lancaster, before I got the internet.. Tom and Jerry used to be on Cartoon Network every Sunday night/early Monday from midnight to 1 am. I would watch it before going to sleep.

Now, with You tube.. I've taken to watching it again.

I most like.. how they put Tom in every conceivable situation. He was a singing Texas cowboy. He inherited a fortune and lived on Park Avenue, and many other things.

When I was younger, my favorite cartoons were the Flintstones and the Jetsons, because.. their cartoons, were most about life. I only watched about three other ones besides those.. Scooby Doo, Super Friends, and Looney Tones, but I gave all those up years ago.

Cartoons anyone?

I actually just recently bought the boxsets of Courage the Cowardly Dog of seasons 1-4. Courage is one of those cartoons rewatching, that got away with so much dark shit. I mean, the cartoon itself is kind of dark, but if your really look into the episodes and think about them, it takes you to a dark place.

Right now, since its on Netflix, I'm watching Star Wars: Clone Wars from the beginning again and I'm eagerly awaiting Rebels when it finally releases.

I'm also watching some eps of Kim Possible on Youtube since Disney has actually uploaded full episodes on one of the various channels they have. I love watching classic Looney Tunes when they come on and I also like the new lineup that CN has with Adventure Time, Regular Show and Steven Universe. I have a big collection of Anime as well that I've barely touched so I can look into those when I'm bored.

Cartoons? Yes, please!
Currently Archer, Venture Brothers, MLP:FIM, Steven Universe, Chozen, and Adventure Time.

I've also, enjoyed Courage the cowardly Dog, Kim Possible, The Penguins of Madagascar, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, various Batman shows, Young Justice, Men in Black, and the list goes on and on.

Thanks for the feedback.

I was also reading that many of Hanna-Barbera's cartoons reflected their friendship and working relationship, in the characters they created. Tom and Jerry, Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble, Scooby Doo and Shaggy. That's understandable.

Can never go wrong with classic Looney Tunes or classic Hanna Barbara. Those will always be great.

Also still like to see the shows I grew up with. Simpsons, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain.

I actually just recently bought the boxsets of Courage the Cowardly Dog of seasons 1-4. Courage is one of those cartoons rewatching, that got away with so much dark shit. I mean, the cartoon itself is kind of dark, but if your really look into the episodes and think about them, it takes you to a dark place.

That was one of my favorites as a kid. There were several from that era, like Angry Beavers and Rocco's Modern Life that were dark as well. In fact, I remember an episode of Rocco's Modern Life where his grandmother dies and goes to hell and he visits her there to try to rescue her, only to find she's quite content lol

Last edited:
Dungeons and Dragons was my favourite as a kid, also GFORCE/Battle of the planets, a watered down version of the 70's Japanese Gatchaman series.

We also had Mysterious Cities of Gold, which was rather good and Willy Fogg, there was even a national Willy Fogg day iirc..

Growing up in the 80's rocked!

The Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry will never get old.

I also still watch:
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Kids Next Door
Dexters Lab
Johnny Bravo
Ed, Edd, & Eddy
CatDog
Rocket Power
Hey Arnold

And that's not even close to all of the Cartoons that I still watch.

I was into reading a lot when I was young. But not Marvel, more the realisitv ones. The Adventures Of Tintin was my favorite. Love it.

The Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry will never get old.

I also still watch:
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Kids Next Door
Dexters Lab
Johnny Bravo
Ed, Edd, & Eddy
CatDog
Rocket Power
Hey Arnold

And that's not even close to all of the Cartoons that I still watch.

A great list right there. Cartoons today are nothing like those!

A great list right there. Cartoons today are nothing like those!

Amen to that.

The 90s & Early 2000s were probably the best years for Cartoons. That's when most of the shows I listed above came out.

I'm glad I grew up during that time :)

I only watch Cartoon Network when Adult Swim or Toonami comes on. Other than that, I watch Boomerang. They Air the Classics like Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, The Flinstones, and the Jetsons all the time :)

I only watch Nickelodeon when either The Fairly Odd Parents, or the Early Episodes of Spongebob are on. (The Newer ones aren't nearly as good)

And TeenNick airs Nickelodeon Shows from the 90s, but they come on in the Middle of the Night (Poor Choice of Timing)

CN and Boomerang have been showing classic Looney Tunes for a couple of years now. Its always great no matter how many times you see it.

Amen to that.

The 90s & Early 2000s were probably the best years for Cartoons.

I'm going to say... Nope.
Why, because with each decade or half decade there will typically be some really good, some simply ok, some others that are bad or not to your particular taste, and the few that just really suck. Which means that for some people they may not discover the gems until a few seasons in, or after the show has ended, and sometimes a person may completely miss an awesome show.

And I know for myself there were a few shows that I thought "WTF is this crap, I'm never going to watch it!" And later on I end up watching the show due to boredom, curiosity, or due to a friend showing me clips from the show only to get hooked. The list includes, but not limited to; South Park, SpongeBob, Adventure Time, Gumball, Batman the Brave and the Bold, and sort of MLP:FIM.

Also, many of the ones that have been listed by others I either do watch or have watched and enjoyed them. Though, I will admit Courage the Cowardly dog is a rather unique gem that I wish we had a few more shows of that particular genre.

But, a few of the current shows that if you haven't given a try I'd like to recommend are;
Archer
Gravity Falls
Steven Universe
Adventure Time
Chozen (But, you might want to read a description on it first)
And we still have Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, and the Simpsons still going.

Anyone else want to recommend any more shows?

I for one like to pull a few tubes and pop in my Ren and Stimpy collection…doesn't get much better than that.

i grew up watching old cartoons like tom and jerry, looney tunes, scooby doo...the usual....but my favorites were always woody woodpecker and casper the friendly ghost...you never see any of the old walter lance or harveytoons cartoons anymore...i could go on and on with all the great stuff you never see anymore....andy panda, little audrey, hotstuff the little devil, baby hughey....its a shame that all those great cartoons are just rotting in a vault somewhere

I love watching cartoons. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that I enjoy watching animated stuff more than live-action most of the time.

The Brak Show, Sealab, The Venture Brothers, Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law, Space Ghost Coast to Coast and pretty much anything Hanna Barbera and 90s Warner Brothers. Cartoons really were more culturally important back then, at the risk of sounding like an old fart.

I think I've seen like 90% of Spongebob at some point or another. Watching Archer now, that's a pretty funny show, that stupid ringtone gets me every time.

i grew up watching old cartoons like tom and jerry, looney tunes, scooby doo...the usual....but my favorites were always woody woodpecker and casper the friendly ghost...you never see any of the old walter lance or harveytoons cartoons anymore...i could go on and on with all the great stuff you never see anymore....andy panda, little audrey, hotstuff the little devil, baby hughey....its a shame that all those great cartoons are just rotting in a vault somewhere

I would tend to agree. Oh, and how about Tom Terrific? Or Beany & Cecil? Or the Beatles cartoon series?

My all time favorites are the vintage Warner Brothers cartoons. 50, 60 or 70 years after being made, they still kick some serious cartoony butt!

The classics such as Bugs Bunny and Tom & Jerry are forever classics.

But NO ONE mentioned the cartoons in the 80s!! There was great ones such as:

GI Joe
Transformers
Voltron
Robotech
He-Man
Thundercats
Silverhawks

Now THOSE were some great cartoons. Also there was a 70s cartoon called "Battle of the Planets". Great stuff.

Of course the Simpsons is one of those cartoons that will be timeless...

What's New

5/13/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the most tickling clips in one place on the web!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back