• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Massive cold wave gripping much of the country.

^What will your local groundhog say tomorrow?^

Well, "Lake Erie Eddie" (local) and "Buckeye Chuck" (state) better gave some good news if they know what's good for them. If not, they'll both be guests on an Appalachian dinner plate....:hungry:

This has gotten really, really old...:shake::scared:

I was just out food shopping. There is heavy, wet, dirty snow on the ground, and the snow is still falling lightly. We had about five inches today. Supposedly, more is forecast tomorrow night into Wednesday, with a snow and ice mix, that is supposed to turn to rain.

The "Fun" begins again. A Winter Storm Warning has just been issued for NYC. This time, they are saying 3 to 5 inches of snow, before it supposedly turns to sleet, freezing rain, and then maybe.. rain. Ice and Freezing Rain is the worst precip, because that's the type that normally causes power to go out.

This winter has been unreal.

As if this isn't bad enough, a couple of forecasts I heard last night in both NY and Philly, forecast more wintry precip this week, either snow, or a mix.

I am so sick of the snow and we are getting more tomorrow and this weekend.

This morning we had a few inches of snow, and now it has turned to an icy mix. This after eight inches of snow on Monday. More wintry weather is predicted this weekend. This weather has just been unreal. This is the worst winter I can remember,

The weather here is just terrible. An icy mix. Thankfully, Sales School was cancelled today.

We got about 10-12 inches of white stuff. Roads were very greasy. Guess the city plows just couldn't keep up with it.

Late to the thread but not too late to rant. :) WTF? What a brutal winter, broken car windows, no heat, manager at work out sick for months, (probably gone for good), the whole job dumped on my lap, craziness. Historically I haven't been a Spring person but I'm looking forward to it this year. :cool:

It is so nice to be were the weather got into the 40's today. Since Tuesday,I had been in weather where the lows were below 0 F. :eek:

The weather the last couple of days has been dry, but very cold and windy, with highs not getting out of the 20s.

Today is supposed to be sunny, with highs around freezing. More snow is expected late tomorrow, supposedly only an inch or two. After that, the deep freeze will be back, with highs not getting out of the mid 20s for a couple of days, before it finally tries to warm up a little bit later in the week.

^,^^...I hear ya guys. Today was another morning I went to work and got there and checked the temp and it was again 0, a big old zero. Had a conversation with my landlord a couple days ago and said I can't ever remember a winter this cold, f'n absolutely brutal. Hopefully warmer days are not too far off.

We had up to two inches of snow in the NYC area on Sunday night. Now comes another deep freeze, with highs not getting out of the 20s for a few days. Tuesday's high is expected to be a balmy. 24 degrees F. After that, www.weather.com says there is an 80% chance of yet another Winter Storm on Thursday. The type of storm seems to be in doubt. The forecast on the weather.com site says a mix of rain and snow, with a high temp of 38 degrees. However, another model I read on that site, said that several other forecasts are calling for much colder weather that day, with a heavy snowstorm/blizzard like storm instead.

Can anyone say "Enough Already!"

The latest forecast at www.weather.com seems to have changed.

Even though highs on Thursday are forecast to be in the mid to high 30s, which would seem too warm to support snow, the forecast on the weather.com website says "Potential for Significant Snow Accumulation" ,with supposedly up to 8 inches expected. WNBC.com said 6 inches may fall.

It's still 2 plus days away, and a lot can change. It remains to be seen whether the precip is a heavy snow, a mix, rain, or misses us altogether.

Winter Storm Watches have just been issued for DC and Philly, for up to 8 inches of snow Wed night into Thurs. It would seem that one for NYC and maybe Boston wont be far behind.

WPVI's 530 weather guy, Adam Joesph, gave the percentage chances of how much snow will fall there. According to him, there is a 40% chance of anything between 3-12 inches, with lesser chances of more.. or less.. snow.

The latest forecast on weather,.com says up to 8 inches for NYC. However, with us being north of Philly, it would not surprise me to see more snow than 8.

I';ve been waiting, and here it is.. '

A Winter Storm Watch has just been issued for NYC.. for 4 to 8 inches of snow late tomorrow night, into Thursday night. Supposedly, snow will start tomorrow night, late, and mix with, and possibly change to, rain, before raining for a while, and then changing back to snow, with added accumulations likely, before ending late Thursday night.

I have a meeting at 5pm tomorrow. I should be able to get that in, before likely having to work from home on Thursday.

In getting away from watching WPVI, I decided to watch WABC TV weather at 6pm tonight, to attempt to get a local weather forecast.

Supposedly, according to WABC TV weather guy Lee Goldberg, NYC is going to have anywhere between 6 and 10 inches. He doesn't seem to feel mixing/changeover is going to be much of a factor.

Its still more than 24 hours away, and a warning hasn't even been issued yet. A lot can still happen,

Mother nature's cruel way of reminding us just who is calling the shots.... even if we don't like it :(

Well it finally happened. I woke up a bit ago to find a Winter Storm Warning has been issued for NYC for 6 to 10 inches of snow. Supposedly, it will be a heavy, wet snow for tonight, and some of tomorrow, before changing to rain, and then back to snow. This will likely prevent accumulations that would be over one foot otherwise.

Here it comes again. Gosh, what a winter this has been.

Last night, during the newscast on WPVI..

Dueces Rogers, Jim Gardner's sportscaster.. is "On assignment" with the Phillies in Florida, covering spring training. Mr Rogers gave a lengthy report filled with palm trees, sunshine, and warm weather, clearly rubbing it in to Gardner, and all the rest of us who are suffering with this brutally cold, snow filled winter.

I can only imagine what Florida must feel like. I don't remember when the temp was above.. freezing.

I just came home from work to find that they have raised the expected snow totals for NYC from 6 to 10 inches, to now 8 to 12 inches, and this will supposedly be with some mixed rain and sleet.

Thankfully, work/training was cancelled tomorrow. A rest day. Hopefully, most of us affected by this can stay off the roads.

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back