• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Police shoots 22 yo in the back while he was laying face down on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt say that i wouldnt change my mind if evidence comes up .. i meant my opinion isnt going to change on this due to what anyone says here.. should have been more clear on that

So even if I reposted the link to the police self-defence instructor interview in which he says it's "not a deadly force situation" and then speculates that the officer probably thought he had his Taser pointed at the suspect, you'd still think the officer was right to shoot the bloke?

I mean, as far as I can see that's fairly compelling evidence to say he shouldn't have shot the suspect, if an instrustor is saying it's not a deadly force situation. I mean I haven't been shot, but I know the odd bits and bobs about hairy situations and also about listening to instructors :-o

So even if I reposted the link to the police self-defence instructor interview in which he says it's "not a deadly force situation" and then speculates that the officer probably thought he had his Taser pointed at the suspect, you'd still think the officer was right to shoot the bloke?

I mean, as far as I can see that's fairly compelling evidence to say he shouldn't have shot the suspect, if an instrustor is saying it's not a deadly force situation. I mean I haven't been shot, but I know the odd bits and bobs about hairy situations and also about listening to instructors :-o

you wouldnt be able to find that because a deadly force situation is in the opinion of an officer.. which is why everytime you shoot someone you have to go threw weeks of bullshit paper work explaining why.. there isnt a clear cut deadly force situation

you wouldnt be able to find that because a deadly force situation is in the opinion of an officer.. which is why everytime you shoot someone you have to go threw weeks of bullshit paper work explaining why.. there isnt a clear cut deadly force situation

Alright then; "Deadly force" might not be a legal construct, but I don't think anyone would have much trouble convincing a jury that no reasonable person, let alone a trained police officer, should have found cause to exercise deadly force in this situation given the amount of video footage available of the incident. And the fact that one of the other officers had the suspect physically restrained.

And he was on the floor.

And yadda yadda yadda.

she has stated she has a degree in psychology and you are trying to analyze her...are you kiddin me?

I'm not trying to analyze anybody thank you very much!

Another thing, if she was truly dealing with this from a psychological standpoint, this thread would've died pages ago. If you don't like what I have to say, you can move on, I really could care less!

This thread has gotten just plain stupid....you all have fun, I so have better things to do.

I'm not trying to analyze anybody thank you very much!

Another thing, if she was truly dealing with this from a psychological standpoint, this thread would've died pages ago. If you don't like what I have to say, you can move on, I really could care less!

This thread has gotten just plain stupid....you all have fun, I so have better things to do.

thanx but not quite if i were looking at in from a psychological point of view i would have said that the kid was obviously scared about being arrested more than likely becasue he was a minority being arrested by all white cops.. not trying to make it racial but that does play a part in comfort.. and i would have said that the cop was more than likely on edge due to the fact that there were multiple suspects and several other non suspects crowding the scene and the scared kid not listening to the cops instructions and the on edge cop ended in the kid being shot

thanx but not quite if i were looking at in from a psychological point of view i would have said that the kid was obviously scared about being arrested more than likely becasue he was a minority being arrested by all white cops.. not trying to make it racial but that does play a part in comfort.. and i would have said that the cop was more than likely on edge due to the fact that there were multiple suspects and several other non suspects crowding the scene and the scared kid not listening to the cops instructions and the on edge cop ended in the kid being shot

All you have been saying for pages and pages is that the cop was right and he clearly was not. All you've been doing is comparing his situation to yours even to the detriment of your own common sense.

I have no need to psycho analyze anyone, especially anyone in this forum. I can better spend my time doing something that'll actually produce a positive result!

All you have been saying for pages and pages is that the cop was right and he clearly was not. All you've been doing is comparing his situation to yours even to the detriment of your own common sense.

I have no need to psycho analyze anyone, especially anyone in this forum. I can better spend my time doing something that'll actually produce a positive result!

the cop was right... and i never compared his situation to mine.. i said he did what was right and protected himself and the other cops.. i could care less about the street thug he shot... and i wouldnt say that your qualified to psycho anyalize anyone

So taking his baton and hitting him a couple of times wasn't a better ideal, tasing him wasn't a better ideal. A bunch of cops standing around could restrain one person who was not fighting back?

He need to be arrested and charged with 1st degree man slaughter.

I agree. THere is no excuse for him shooting someone in the back. THat should be a murder charge. Cops are supposed to shoot the person in the leg or arm to prevent them from attacking or what not. Shooting them in the back is not right.

I agree. THere is no excuse for him shooting someone in the back. THat should be a murder charge. Cops are supposed to shoot the person in the leg or arm to prevent them from attacking or what not. Shooting them in the back is not right.

actually your taught to shoot center mass

Cops are supposed to shoot the person in the leg or arm to prevent them from attacking or what not.

^what she said^

Yes, Van Hagar - I didn't mention that because it should just be so obvious that it doesn't even need to be brought up!

Is your homework done?

I wrote "CHARGE POLISE MAN WIV MURDAR!!1" on the back and taped it to a protest sign stick :(

Srsly, it was a mistake! Argh! It was an accident!

Not conspiracy!

Not racism!

Accident!

Well..that was certainly an interesting night in Downtown Oakland...

It's pretty insane, that this officer blasted the guy, and got to walk away, be with his family and then come back 5 days later to only QUIT the force so he doesn't have to face questioning, at least for now.

Meanwhile, if a private citizen shoots another private citizen, or even worse, a cop, in the same situation..no questions, the guy's going to jail in the same night.

I'm not so naive to think that both the cop and the private citizen need to be held to the same standard because I know cops have more responsibilities than a citizen, but this delay in the justice system is what made 100-160 people go nuts last night and trash Downtown Oakland...okay not exactly, they were basically a bunch of rowdy jerks who wanted to cause some chaos for the sake of chaos, but there were some who were genuinely pissed off and doing it as a misguided act of defiance.

All I know, if the word "accident" gets tossed around anymore in this situation, last night won't be the last time people get up in arms over this.

All I know, if the word "accident" gets tossed around anymore in this situation, last night won't be the last time people get up in arms over this.

So you don't think it was an accident, then?

Cops are supposed to shoot the person in the leg or arm to prevent them from attacking or what not. Shooting them in the back is not right.
Cops are taught to meet the perp at high-noon, take 20 paces, flick away their hand-rolled cigarette, turn around and draw their weapon at the count of three.

So you don't think it was an accident, then?

To be honest, I don't know, nobody does, some people are assuming it was cold blooded murder, and some people are assuming it was an accident. Unfortunately, word on all the media outlets is that it's being looked at by and large as "potential" accident, which means "potentially" this guy won't get in as much trouble as he would if he just straight up shot the guy in the back on purpose..

Was it a dumb thing to do? Period? Hell yes, does he have an excuse? No. But do I think it was an accident on intentional? I can't make an informed decision on that, until the man himself comes forward and gives his side of it. It looks real bad and all that stalling BART did in bringing this guy to the table is plain and simple unacceptable.

Short answer: Calling this an accident before we know what it was is just gonna piss more people off and some even crazier than last night might happen. Hell even then, knowing whether or not it was intentional may not change that outcome.

Short answer: Calling this an accident before we know what it was is just gonna piss more people off and some even crazier than last night might happen. Hell even then, knowing whether or not it was intentional may not change that outcome.

To be honest all the video I've seen suggests it was an accident. Common sense suggests it was an accident. A man died because of someone else's stupidity/ negligence and so there should rightly be consequences, but trying to convince anyone that there are people in the world stupid enough to purposefully shoot a man dead in front of a crowd of camera-wielding onlookers for doing nothing more than rolling over won't be easy. I remain unconvinced, and unless a new angle appears or the bloke turns round and says "yeah, I did it on purpose" I'll remain so.

the cop was right... and i never compared his situation to mine.. i said he did what was right and protected himself and the other cops.. i could care less about the street thug he shot... and i wouldnt say that your qualified to psycho anyalize anyone

You don't know what I'm qualified to do or not do! I can say that I can call a spade a spade when I see one. I can also say that someone with the so called training and education you claim to have says it's okay to shoot a man on the ground in the back has a definite problem with their judgement!

The cop was wrong and you are wrong in your assessment, especially being a so-called trained professional. If what you say actually matches your training no wonder why NYC cops have the reputation they do.

The more I read of this thread, the more I become convinced the world is going to end in a maelstrom of exploding pig's heads.

The more I read of this thread, the more I become convinced the world is going to end in a maelstrom of exploding pig's heads.

LOL. I'm waiting for the obligatory "I think we're done here" from Jeff. ;)

Just remember that guns don't kill people......stupid people with guns kill people! And some of them even have badges and hide behind a blue wall when they do!:wow::shock2::eek::Grrr:

The cop was wrong and you are wrong in your assessment, especially being a so-called trained professional. If what you say actually matches your training no wonder why NYC cops have the reputation they do.

Personally, I am not agreeing with anyone's evaluation for I do not see any individual in this thread with the aptitude to conclude proof of their premise. Moreover, none of us were there to witness the shooting and we fail to realize credibilty weighs heavily in evidence.

Where is our credibility? Do we fall victim to the rhetoric of white cop shoots black suspect in the back? Did he have an itchy trigger finger? Was he a racist? Was the victim reaching for the cops gun and as the officer reached as well, the victim turned his back?

kis123 - What reputation is that? Can you provide us with facts that support your claim or is it just a deductive argument?

None of you , including I, know the circumstances.

Personally, I am not agreeing with anyone's evaluation for I do not see any individual in this thread with the aptitude to conclude proof of their premise. Moreover, none of us were there to witness the shooting and we fail to realize credibilty weighs heavily in evidence.

Where is our credibility? Do we fall victim to the rhetoric of white cop shoots black suspect in the back? Did he have an itchy trigger finger? Was he a racist? Was the victim reaching for the cops gun and as the officer reached as well, the victim turned his back?

kis123 - What reputation is that? Can you provide us with facts that support your claim or is it just a deductive argument?

None of you , including I, know the circumstances.

Not doing your homework for you.......google it!

And no one brought race into it.....except the white forum members who brought it up! It doesn't matter if the man was purple with pink polka dots, a man was unnecessarily shot and killed by someone trained to serve and protect! That's the friggin' point, not his race!!

I would be just as pissed if the "perp" was a white man shot on camera by a cop while other cops watched!

Not doing your homework for you.......google it!

And no one brought race into it.....except the white forum members who brought it up! It doesn't matter if the man was purple with pink polka dots, a man was unnecessarily shot and killed by someone trained to serve and protect! That's the friggin' point, not his race!!

I would be just as pissed if the "perp" was a white man shot on camera by a cop while other cops watched!

Yes, because google is a credible source. **rolls eyes** Obviously you missed the point.

Firstly, I do not have to look up anything; I was asking you where you get your information from. Second, please start reading all subsequent posts in order to see that race was mentioned.

How do you know that the forum members who brought up race were white? Profiling? Additionally, I was merely suggesting the possibilities based on what other forum members stated. Do you know that the man was unnecessarily shot? Where is your supporting argument? What would you have done if you were the other cop?

My point is that no one knows the circumstances and how they would react in this situation which required a reaction of immediate resolution on impulse. It is easy to evaluate the situation in hindsight.

Yes, because google is a credible source. **rolls eyes** Obviously you missed the point.

Firstly, I do not have to look up anything; I was asking you where you get your information from. Second, please start reading all subsequent posts in order to see that race was mentioned.

How do you know that the forum members who brought up race were white? Profiling? Additionally, I was merely suggesting the possibilities based on what other forum members stated. Do you know that the man was unnecessarily shot? Where is your supporting argument? What would you have done if you were the other cop?

My point is that no one knows the circumstances and how they would react in this situation which required a reaction of immediate resolution on impulse. It is easy to evaluate the situation in hindsight.

Hmmm.....let's see:

You brought up race.....you're pic has been on here and you look like a white man to me. Nice tan, but nontheless.....

badreligion brought it up along with his swipes on Jesse Jackson and Al Shapton (the so-called mouthpieces of the black race, because of course we can't speak for ourselves), and I'm betting my next paycheck that he's white too. So far, point one proven.

And yes, google is quite a reliable source of information-really you should try it sometime.

Regardless, this cop shouldn't get away with killing someone because he didn't follow basic training and procedure and shoot a man in the back. Accident, intentional (which I wouldn't accuse the man of), or whatever the man is still dead and the cop shouldn't get away with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back