• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Raising minimum wage.

stloldg

Congress is looking into raising minimum wage to $7.00+ a hour. What do you think?

Remember the congress have raised their salary $30,000 a year.

It is already at 7.40 an hour in the State of Connecticut..... :whip:

No way. it will do more harm than good. its not suppose to be a wage to support a family on.

maniactickler said:
No way. it will do more harm than good. its not suppose to be a wage to support a family on.

Yeah, heaven forbid anyone not in a corporate job should be able to feed their damn families.... :rolleyes:

The cost of living has steadily gone up over the past decade, without the minimum wage even remotely reflecting what is needed for a working class family to live on. It's about time the minimum wage reflects the inflation of the cost of living.

Mimi

it should definitely be raised, between high gas prices, and also much higher winter heating bills, the government needs to do something for the people that arent in the $60k a year plus crowd. just my 2 cents as always. peace........BLUE_THUNDER

If feel if the wages could not be raised without hurting business, than congress and the senate should not be allowed to raise their pay nor any other government workers, since they get their money from the taxpayer.

In the end, raising the minimum wage doesn't accomplish much. Due to illegal labor, many people working minimum wage jobs will continue to be paid less than minimum wage.

It doesn't truly raise prices either though -- nowadays, that's as much a myth as saying that raising the minimum wage helps the poor.

Mimi said:
Yeah, heaven forbid anyone not in a corporate job should be able to feed their damn families.... :rolleyes:

The cost of living has steadily gone up over the past decade, without the minimum wage even remotely reflecting what is needed for a working class family to live on. It's about time the minimum wage reflects the inflation of the cost of living.

Mimi

Its only going to force businesses to fire or cut the hours of these employees. or even force them to raise prices which makes the raise useless. like i said, if your living off minimun wage to support a family, your two things, a loser because thats all you can do in life and not get ahead, or your stupid for starting a family while your on minimun wage! :sowrong:

Oh well that's lovely, maniac. You're a true gem.

It's wisdom like that which makes me wonder why the hell I even bother associating with some people. Thank you for reminding me why I had originally had a very unfavorable opinion of you.

Mimi :disgust:

maniactickler said:
Its only going to force businesses to fire or cut the hours of these employees. or even force them to raise prices which makes the raise useless. like i said, if your living off minimun wage to support a family, your two things, a loser because thats all you can do in life and not get ahead, or your stupid for starting a family while your on minimun wage! :sowrong:

Some people arent gifted with living off of mommy and daddy all their life and have had it hard growing up. I believe that if a man or woman work for whatever the job pays they are at least trying. Maybe it isnt the workers fault but the companies that want to over work and under pay. I lived on minumum wage for three years. I busted my ass to get recognized as a valued employee. I wouldnt stop thinking about having a family but I am not going to say..the poor should be downtrotted where they belong. if anyone is a loser i would say its the people that believe that a family should be merited to only the wealthy. I think they breed spoiled children.

Ticklerguy4u said:
if anyone is a loser i would say its the people that believe that a family should be merited to only the wealthy. I think they breed spoiled children.

This is a good point. I don't think families should be merited to only the wealthy, but I do believe that if you start a family in a situation where it isn't financially sustainable, you shouldn't expect the government's help.

MrMacphisto said:
This is a good point. I don't think families should be merited to only the wealthy, but I do believe that if you start a family in a situation where it isn't financially sustainable, you shouldn't expect the government's help.

true, but i was responding to minimum wage and raising a family on it. I wouldn't expect government's help but I am not going be stupid and turn it down if its possible. that doesnt make me a loser because I would not live on it.

Ticklerguy4u said:
true, but i was responding to minimum wage and raising a family on it. I wouldn't expect government's help but I am not going be stupid and turn it down if its possible. that doesnt make me a loser because I would not live on it.

I totally agree. I wouldn't turn it down either. I'm just saying that too many people put themselves in a position where they end up raising a family without the means to do so. They become dependent on government aid, and at this point, entire generations of families are living off of the government. New Orleans is a good example of a city with entire welfare communities. I believe the only way to stop this from continuing is to withdraw funding.

I do agree with it isnt wise because you want your children to be cared for properly but sometimes if life isnt exactly your dream world i dont think you should not marry or even have a family..maybe society should stop acting like money is God's gift to the world and one day..I wont sit in a cramp seat in a plane because I didnt have two hundred dollars more to sit up front in the comfortable seats. Even though we all in the same plane..hmmm strange world we live in. but getting back to the thread.

I think with inflation...minimum wage should be raised. Maybe that will at least help some people out. I know when i worked for minimum age it would of lessened my stress level abit..er make that ..ALOT.

Mimi said:
Oh well that's lovely, maniac. You're a true gem.

It's wisdom like that which makes me wonder why the hell I even bother associating with some people. Thank you for reminding me why I had originally had a very unfavorable opinion of you.

Mimi :disgust:

Sorry to have to hit you with a dose of reality. oh, and deep down inside i know ya still like me. :D

If you want to make the decision of starting a family on minimum wage, then so be it. just dont whine that your not making ends meet and cant afford cable or cant buy an ipod etc. go out and get a second or third job if you have to. :ranty:

If people are working two or three jobs when are they expected to spend time with their families?

Kids don't need cable or an ipod.

Money does not, and never will, make anyone a better person.

People who only earn minimum wage are usually the hardest worked.

Some people have no choice but to take low paid jobs, at least they get off their arse and work, some people don't even do that.

If I could only earn minimum wage and was struggling to make ends meet by working my arse off I would be very angry and offended by people obviously financially better off than me commenting that I shouldn't start a family because I can't afford it. If minimum wage was higher and companies were made to pay enough to live on then they could easily afford to start a family. What about human rights? Just because someone is poor it doesn't mean they don't deserve to have a family.

aun_existe_amor said:
If people are working two or three jobs when are they expected to spend time with their families?

Kids don't need cable or an ipod.

Money does not, and never will, make anyone a better person.

People who only earn minimum wage are usually the hardest worked.

Some people have no choice but to take low paid jobs, at least they get off their arse and work, some people don't even do that.

If I could only earn minimum wage and was struggling to make ends meet by working my arse off I would be very angry and offended by people obviously financially better off than me commenting that I shouldn't start a family because I can't afford it. If minimum wage was higher and companies were made to pay enough to live on then they could easily afford to start a family. What about human rights? Just because someone is poor it doesn't mean they don't deserve to have a family.

Well if they want to start a family when they arent financially stable, then have fun struggling. more power to you!

I think minimum wage should go up just a little. It would make paying for things a little easier for people who work like I do. The only reason not to is because some businesses, like the one I work for (that don't make money at all and are government and tuition funded) can barely affoard it. We'll see.

Y'know, maybe this should be moved to politics and religion...

Anyway, if we're really trying to help low-paid workers, how about increasing the earned income tax credit instead? Factoring in the proposed increase in minimum wage would still leave a single parent making the current minimum wage with one child below the poverty line.

It also needs to be pointed out that over half of minimum wage workers are high school or college students who aren't responsible for supporting families or even for fully supporting themselves, and have family incomes well above the poverty line.

Last edited:
maniactickler said:
Well if they want to start a family when they arent financially stable, then have fun struggling. more power to you!

Actually, I have a very well paid job and don't struggle at all but that doesn't mean that I have more right to start a family than someone less well off.

aun_existe_amor said:
Actually, I have a very well paid job and don't struggle at all but that doesn't mean that I have more right to start a family than someone less well off.

Of course anyone has a right to start a family if they are only making minimum wage. but its a stupid move if you ask me. nothing like bringing up a family in poverty. oh wait, then us taxpayers end up footing their bill. :idontwann

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back